I hope Geno Thorpe watched our game last night... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

I hope Geno Thorpe watched our game last night...

So you’re blaming the med staff for Thorpes sprained ankle and Sids tendinitis? I find that interesting.
Come on Bees. Im not blaming anyone for the injuries and i realize i have beat this topic to death. I simply think that our medical staff and how we treat injured players can be improved.
So you’re blaming the med staff for Thorpes sprained ankle and Sids tendinitis? I find that interesting.

Come on Bees. Im not blaming anyone for the injuries and i realize i have beat this topic to death. I simply think that our medical staff and how we treat injured players can be improved.

Yes you did.

“The seemingly lack of competence by both the football and basketball medical staffs needs to be addressed and should in my opinion take precedence over the decision that GT made. Maybe if Geno had been provided with more expert care he would have come back in a better position to perform at a level that would have resulted in a different outcome.”

Yes you did.

“The seemingly lack of competence by both the football and basketball medical staffs needs to be addressed and should in my opinion take precedence over the decision that GT made. Maybe if Geno had been provided with more expert care he would have come back in a better position to perform at a level that would have resulted in a different outcome.”
No i didnt blame the staff for their injuries. I questioned the care they received post injury.

It is my opinion that SU should hire an outside group to do a complete review of our athletic medical staffs policies, procedures, facilities, injury protocols, and personnel and make recommendations. My opinion is that SU can improve significantly.

SU has done a study and review

We are really no different than any other ACC school in setup. Slightly higher Dqs in football but also corresponds with kids who never should’ve been playing ACC football to begin with.
Thanks. Do you think that our medical staffs treatment facilities are good or should they be improved?

No i didnt blame the staff for their injuries. I questioned the care they received post injury.

That’s word games. Of course it’s not anyone’s fault if a kid twists an ankle. But you offered maybe geno would have done better if his treatment for a sprained ankle was better and thus you questioned their competence. I’d like to know where you get this from and why the angst with the basketball team med staff. Football I get but I don’t see it on the basketball side.

Thanks. Do you think that our medical staffs treatment facilities are good or should they be improved?

That’s a different question I have no idea

That’s word games. Of course it’s not anyone’s fault if a kid twists an ankle. But you offered maybe geno would have done better if his treatment for a sprained ankle was better and thus you questioned their competence. I’d like to know where you get this from and why the angst with the basketball team med staff. Football I get but I don’t see it on the basketball side.
Bees your the one who played word games. Lets chat after ND and hope Sid is doing better.

Back to this thread wonder if Taurean Thompson’s Mom is watching where her son can get 14 ppg in the ACC for the taking

Why stop there? Let's speculate about what a fifth year senior B.J. Johnson could be doing for this team.

Because he was on the team until he wasn’t this year. Plenty of time past since Johnson left.

I figured Lydon was gone before last season started. The last three were mostly unexpected (and Tucker was pretty much a last chance shot that SU had already backed off of).

Losing Quade was really the fly in the ointment. Having three guards who can handle the ball and shoot the three would have been great. Especially on a team where the coach likes to have three capable guards.
We don’t have 1 guard who can handle the ball whoneould the other 2 be

Back to this thread wonder if Taurean Thompson’s Mom is watching where her son can get 14 ppg in the ACC for the taking
But isn't he joining a team ranked in the top 20, versus leaving one that was #87? I don't think his mom is having major regrets. We'd be a little better offensively and a little worse defensively, no? Kind of a wash, and I'd rather develop Brissett.

Bees your the one who played word games. Lets chat after ND and hope Sid is doing better.

maybe you should reread your posts including the one I reposted for you.

But isn't he joining a team ranked in the top 20, versus leaving one that was #87? I don't think his mom is having major regrets. We'd be a little better offensively and a little worse defensively, no? Kind of a wash, and I'd rather develop Brissett.

A major scoring option at forward solves a lot of problems, but ain’t gonna be this season. FWIW we can develop Brissett as well.

If Geno is watching he probably feels more vindicated than upset.

He was needed on this team and he was sat for extended periods of time.

He may not be as good as Frank or Battle but it's ridiculous that you're virtually getting DNPs when you're the only guard backup.

"I hope Geno Thorpe watched our game last night"

That would indeed be a fitting punishment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom