I hope Geno Thorpe watched our game last night... | Syracusefan.com

I hope Geno Thorpe watched our game last night...

... and realized he could have been a hero.
Yes. And maybe the Head coach could have played him a few more minutes than a scrub would get. This was a 5th year guy that he showed no confidence in. It does work both ways. Thorpe should have stayed if it was only about playing time but the Coach could be a bit more sensitive to the needs of some of his older players. Maybe he thought last night, I wish I had played Thorpe more earlier

Yes. And maybe the Head coach could have played him a few more minutes than a scrub would get. This was a 5th year guy that he showed no confidence in. It does work both ways. Thorpe should have stayed if it was only about playing time but the Coach could be a bit more sensitive to the needs of some of his older players. Maybe he thought last night, I wish I had played Thorpe more earlier

Maybe if Geno hadn't broken his ankle in September, he would have been healthy enough to play more.

I disagree Thorpe played what he should have played. We ain't missing him at all. Worst thing in the world to me is a kid that quits.

Maybe if Geno hadn't broken his ankle in September, he would have been healthy enough to play more.
Yes, I thought he was never quite healthy while here and that it was later revealed that he has some sort of chronic pain condition. It would have been nice if he had decided to stay, but there's no point in killing him for his decision, IMO.

People make decisions concerning their future all the time. Whether we view them as right or wrong is not our call. I never understood the animosity towards kids about whether they decide to declare for the draft , transfer to another team, or quit all together. It’s not our life, it’s theirs.

People make decisions concerning their future all the time. Whether we view them as right or wrong is not our call. I never understood the animosity towards kids about whether they decide to declare for the draft , transfer to another team, or quit all together. It’s not our life, it’s theirs.

There are likely numerous factors that went into his decision that we don't know about. It's unfortunate it didn't work out for him here and I wish him well in his future

... and realized he could have been a hero.
CTO. I hope that our medical staff watched the game last night and feel confident in their diagnosis, treatment protocol, and decision to allow Sid to play. They could end up being the goat this season.

Geno ended his basketball career. Kid got his degree, was a 5th YR grad transfer and gave up his final opportunity. It's entirely possible he just didn't want to play anymore, period.

CTO. I hope that our medical staff watched the game last night and feel confident in their diagnosis, treatment protocol, and decision to allow Sid to play. They could end up being the goat this season.

Sid wanted to play and did not want a medical redshirt. Stop the dramatics.

geez that's some axe you're grinding
No. CTO has the ability to help shape this program at a level very few do. The seemingly lack of competence by both the football and basketball medical staffs needs to be addressed and should in my opinion take precedence over the decision that GT made. Maybe if Geno had been provided with more expert care he would have come back in a better position to perform at a level that would have resulted in a different outcome.

image.jpg
No. CTO has the ability to help shape this program at a level very few do. The seemingly lack of competence by both the football and basketball medical staffs needs to be addressed and should in my opinion take precedence over the decision that GT made. Maybe if Geno had been provided with more expert care he would have come back in a better position to perform at a level that would have resulted in a different outcome.

NMaybe if Geno had been provided with more expert care he would have come back in a better position to perform at a level that would have resulted in a different outcome.

Huh? He had an ankle sprain.

Huh? He had an ankle sprain.
Guys

I apologize. I do have some insight into our program as well as others and it is my opinion that our medical staffs are sub par.

As to Sid playing i have no idea but just because a player wants to play doesn't mean that he should. Based on his 3 minute contribution at best i think it is fair to say that the jury is still out.

Guys

I apologize. I do have some insight into our program as well as others and it is my opinion that our medical staffs are sub par.

As to Sid playing i have no idea but just because a player wants to play doesn't mean that he should. Based on his 3 minute contribution at best i think it is fair to say that the jury is still out.
Are you a medical person? What kind of experience do you have to make judgments on them?

Are you a medical person? What kind of experience do you have to make judgments on them?
No. The only basis i have is comparing syracuse to other programs that i have had direct experience with. My father on the other hand does have extensive medical experience. You seem to be close to the program. What is your opinion of our foorball and basketball medical staffs?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom