Class of 2015 - I think people don't look at what's right in front of them | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 I think people don't look at what's right in front of them

Diagne was already attending HS in New Jersey. You mean he still had to return to Senegal for paperwork even if he already had a Student Visa?
I'm not sure about it (return to Senegal for paperwork). It depends on what the policy is toward your country. Maybe students from British don't have to?? But I'm sure he has to renew his student visa since he's going to another school (SU)

Further more, if international students wanna leave America, including just a trip to Canada, you have to go to seminar held by schools' center for international service to have your advisor sign some document (I forgot what it's called) or you won't be allowed to re-enter America again.

Sucks!

Last edited:
Torque. Right on the money with your answer on international visa policy. I live on an island (Roatan) off the coast of Honduras, where visa-hopefuls have to fly to the capital, stay overnight, pay $195 for the visit with a US Embassy employee, fly back, then hear they have been denied. Some are financially stable and have been turned down up to eight times. I personally know of a wealthy family trying to bring their daughter's fiance to the US, but he was TD. Same TD four times in a row for a retired single neighbor who wanted to travel the US for a month with his Honduran fiance. On the fifth try, they accepted her. No rhyme or reason. Nothing had changed. Nada, zero, zip.There in no such thing here as "connections" . Not that I know of, anyway. Good luck to Diagne.

Cheers,
Scott (class of '63)

Last edited:
I feel bad that he needs to deal with all these layers of bureaucracy. Doesn't seem right to me. Thanks for the first hand account.

There may be one other factor, and that would be that he is trying to reenter the U.S. from an area that is under restrictions due to the Ebola outbreak. This factor may be slowing down getting the approvals for his student visa renewal. Not saying this is definite, but may be a vector contributing to getting approved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom