I tried...I am giving up... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I tried...I am giving up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was me who started the thread. If you couldn't understand that the post was semi-joking then I don't know what to tell you. The thread wasn't toxic at all aside from a few of you who went over the top because, God forbid someone joke about good players going pro at Syracuse, and turned it toxic for zero reason..

You might want to re-evaluate your sense of humor.

You did the equivalent of yelling "FIRE" at a kids birthday party, and then say you were joking and blame other people for your poor taste. Just admit you made a mistake and move on.

You might want to re-evaluate your sense of humor.

You did the equivalent of yelling "FIRE" at a kids birthday party, and then say you were joking and blame other people for your poor taste. Just admit you made a mistake and move on.
How is it not legitimate to talk about Brissett going pro even if I was dead serious? If you want to ignore that possibility, don't read the thread. The guy is a beast and last night put up DC numbers in a tournament game.

You want to take issue with my zone H0T Takes, fine, but this is super weird to get offended by. It's a legit discussion about our best player. Why can't we talk about him until the season ends?

For the record, I don't think he will because he's a lotto pick next year and has reason to come back but comparing him to Malachi Richardson in the tourney is a pretty high compliment.

That was me who started the thread. If you couldn't understand that the post was semi-joking then I don't know what to tell you. The thread wasn't toxic at all aside from a few of you who went over the top because, God forbid someone joke about good players going pro at Syracuse, and turned it toxic for zero reason.

Oshae is a guy who is ultra talented and a great tournament could boost him into the 1st Round. Ok, that's what happened with Malachi Richardson...ITS A JOKE.

If he does go pro, which I don't think he will, good for him.

Again...A semi-joking thread based off another guy who went off in the tourney for us. It was a decent discussion led by another poster who knows him personally and provided some awesome insight until the holier than thou Board police jumped in because they interpreted the thread wrong.

Sounds like you are describing how you act over on the OT board.

I find them very entertaining.

But if you don't enjoy laughing at grown men having tantrums over a basketball game while smart-asses like me post bad dad jokes and animated gifs, then it's not for you.
Game threads are usually toxic. I post in them because no girl I'm dating wants to hear me complain about officiating in a sport they don't care about, the tactics of our zone defense or the philosophy of a high PnR with Chukwu.

Admittedly, I either get embarrassingly worked up or post a bunch of memes. There's zero in between.

I find them very entertaining.

But if you don't enjoy laughing at grown men having tantrums over a basketball game while smart-asses like me post bad dad jokes and animated gifs, then it's not for you.
Hey, don’t forget grown women!

I feel a little bad because I did post that watching the game last night was like being water boarded. But hey, that was kinda of funny, too, wasn’t it?

I come here for the laughs, camaraderie, game analyses. If a thread goes south for me, I stop reading. All in all, the positives far outweigh the negatives.

The pearl clutching over the game threads is the best.

Hate to break it to you but if open a game thread on any board in any sport expecting nuance and analytics and even keeled takes then that's a "you" problem.

Totally agree, want to be clear on that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors