Class of 2015 - If Gbinije and Cooney graduate over the summer... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 If Gbinije and Cooney graduate over the summer...

Small sample size but in my opinion no way Obokoh becomes a started here ever, his ceiling is 7 to 10 mins and five fouls. Hope he proves me wrong if he has a hand in bringing TB here then I am all for it though.

Interesting dynamic with the CMac injury. I had assumed that if CMac's scholarship didn't open up for Bryant, then the realistic possibility was for Chinoso's to be opened up. I didn't realize the connection between him and Bryant which makes it much much less likely that we would see Obokoh depart so that his scholarship could be opened up for Bryant.

I personally don't think you would push either BJ or Buss out the door either. They are both close enough to being players that can fit into the rotation that you aren't guaranteed of improving yourself with the guys coming in over what BJ and/or Buss may bring as juniors to warrant trying to show them the door.

First World problems.... I guess.

If CMcC is out for the year but still projects as a 1st rounder he may still go. The NBA loves them some crazy potential and CMcC has it. He could improve his draft stock if he returns but if he leaves after a year he gets paid a year earlier with a 3 yr guarantee. From the NBA perspective they could lock up a player with crazy potential for peanuts over 5 years (2 year team options).

If CMcC is out for the year but still projects as a 1st rounder he may still go. The NBA loves them some crazy potential and CMcC has it. He could improve his draft stock if he returns but if he leaves after a year he gets paid a year earlier with a 3 yr guarantee. From the NBA perspective they could lock up a player with crazy potential for peanuts over 5 years (2 year team options).

Very true and a although a possible risk on both parts it certainly would not be something we haven't seen in the draft before. Lets be honest the draft is speculating for the most part other than a handful of players each year.

Very true and a although a possible risk on both parts it certainly would not be something we haven't seen in the draft before. Lets be honest the draft is speculating for the most part other than a handful of players each year.

Anything outside the top 10 picks are a risk. I can totally see a team taking CMcC in the late teens early twenties, even injured.

Slight correction; they could lock him up for 4 years. The first 2 years of the first round contract are guaranteed; the final 2 are options that are almost always picked up.

The PF recruit is Diagne. He could play the C spot in a pinch, in the same way Jerami Grant could. He'd be capable, but is a much, much better option on the wing. I would expect (assuming we don't get Bryant of course) Diagne would play as many minutes at the 5 as Chris is going to play this year.
Not too sure about that. Diagne is a big strong dude and guys like that aren't used to flying around on the wings chasing down shooters. I think his role will be similar to Rick Jackson's. Where he can spot some minutes at the wing, but is probably more suited to bang at the 5. Remember he's 6'8 ish, 240's, with a 7'3 wingspan. He moves laterally better than Bryant, but not somebody that I would feel comfortable defending the wing fulltime in the zone.

Not too sure about that. Diagne is a big strong dude and guys like that aren't used to flying around on the wings chasing down shooters. I think his role will be similar to Rick Jackson's. Where he can spot some minutes at the wing, but is probably more suited to bang at the 5. Remember he's 6'8 ish, 240's, with a 7'3 wingspan. He moves laterally better than Bryant, but not somebody that I would feel comfortable defending the wing fulltime in the zone.
Agree with this, just based on what little I've read and watched of Diagne. He's a bruiser who can step out and knock down a jumper, but he's never struck me as quick enough to handle one of the wing spots in the zone. Rick Jackson is a great comparison in that regard (defending the zone, I mean, because we all know Ricky couldn't knock down a 15 footer).

In your opinion is Bryant clearly the better player at this point, or isn't it as clear as the rankings make it seem?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom