if JB were an anonymous poster, he'd get slaughtered | Syracusefan.com

if JB were an anonymous poster, he'd get slaughtered

Millhouse

Living Legend
"But when you can't shoot it and you don't defend well at the guard spot and you're small, that's not a lot of positives there."

lol

"But when you can't shoot it and you don't defend well at the guard spot and you're small, that's not a lot of positives there."

lol

Why does he leave Cooney out there then?

Sorry, had to throw one in there. I forgot, Cooney occasionally can shoot it.

he wasn't just handed the keys to a rental car. he's had 40 years to build this team and program.
so if he don't like the parts and pieces and the way it performs well then that's on him 100%.

lol
"If you recruited him, but can't coach him up despite his apparent eagerness, there's not a lot of positives there."

he wasn't just handed the keys to a rental car. he's had 40 years to build this team and program.
so if he don't like the parts and pieces and the way it performs well then that's on him 100%.
Silly. We won almost 30 games a year for 5 years. That is running the car great. We have kids leave every year but this time we had two kids leave we didn't think would leave. before last season, no one thought Ennis would be one and done. And Grant didn't even start at the beginning of last year. Throw is two injuries to high school All_Americans and presto, you have a team that is below our standards. Still beat two top 12 teams in a week. I would agree with one thing though, the last 40 years has been on him and it's been pretty damn good.

lol

Why would a poster get slaughtered for saying there aren't a lot of positives to Joseph's game?

Silly. We won almost 30 games a year for 5 years. That is running the car great. We have kids leave every year but this time we had two kids leave we didn't think would leave. before last season, no one thought Ennis would be one and done. And Grant didn't even start at the beginning of last year. Throw is two injuries to high school All_Americans and presto, you have a team that is below our standards. Still beat two top 12 teams in a week. I would agree with one thing though, the last 40 years has been on him and it's been pretty damn good.

JB, is that you? ;)

talented kids leaving college is now the reality coaches have to deal with. i'd say by last february people in the know could have predicted ennis, grant and dc2 not being on this roster. so the only real unforeseen roster hit he took was the unfortunate injury to chris mccullough.(a player who incidentally he regularly bashed post game "if he was bad that'd be an improvement yadayada.)
it's march already so enuf excuses about who's not here. he's not getting a lot out of what he has.

Why would a poster get slaughtered for saying there aren't a lot of positives to Joseph's game?
next time he makes a shot you can't be happy, right?

and i'd don't see how joseph catches any blame for last night's loss.

talented kids leaving college is now the reality coaches have to deal with.

Thank you. It's much easier if you assume every top 100 recruit is planning to be 1 and done. I've made that adjustment after Donte and frankly it's much easier to handle each Spring.

next time he makes a shot you can't be happy, right?
I like Joseph and talk about the areas of his game I think he can improve upon. I don't think he's played well this season, but I see the effort and ability. I don't take a well-rounded player and tear him down because he shot a really good percentage for 2/3 of the season but slumped as he battled through an injury against the toughest part of the schedule. I don't cruicify a player for doing exactly what the coaching staff is telling him to do.
That's your territory. And no, you're still not allowed to smile if Cooney makes a nice play... not even once

Are you Boeheim?
i was referring to a silly brooky response yesterday to cooney criticism

a day later brooky singles out Joseph even though boeheim referred to the guards

a day later brooky singles out Joseph even though boeheim referred to the guards

I'm just messing with you man. We all need some humor right now.

"guard spot," not 'spots'

Boeheim was clearly referring to Joseph. He even added three qualifiers that all had to be met to make it easier to determine who he was talking about. Does Cooney play, at the very least, average (aka good) defense by most every statistical measure? Yes. Does he have good size for a SG? Yup. Can he shoot? Nope. We all know that guys who can drain 7 3's in a game or 37% of their first 150 3pt attempts in a season clearly cannot shoot.

talented kids leaving college is now the reality coaches have to deal with. i'd say by last february people in the know could have predicted ennis, grant and dc2 not being on this roster. so the only real unforeseen roster hit he took was the unfortunate injury to chris mccullough.(a player who incidentally he regularly bashed post game "if he was bad that'd be an improvement yadayada.)
it's march already so enuf excuses about who's not here. he's not getting a lot out of what he has.

Even if you're correct who are you supposed to recruit in Feb that can play the following November? That's not how recruiting works.

Even if you're correct who are you supposed to recruit in Feb that can play the following November? That's not how recruiting works.

JUCOs might work in a pinch, like when a freshman decides to go pro last minute who you were never suspecting would go. That's what I think someone thought. I have no earthly clue if we could have found one, but JB seems averse to that. Maybe he should be. Albany seems to do well with it.

ok so throw this out there. if the players you recruited and do have returning don't fit your system. well then change your damn system to suit your team strengths. drop the cookie cutter approach.

JUCOs might work in a pinch, like when a freshman decides to go pro last minute who you were never suspecting would go. That's what I think someone thought. I have no earthly clue if we could have found one, but JB seems averse to that. Maybe he should be. Albany seems to do well with it.

It's hard to pin a shot in the dark against the staff. The juco thing seems like a different era at our level.

If we brought in a JUCO, we'd be stuck with him for 2 years.

Not only would we not have room for Bryant next year, but we wouldn't have room for one of our other 4 recruits also.

And if the JUCO was worse than KJ ... what have you gained?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom