If SU athletics was publically traded, would you buy, sell, or hold? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

If SU athletics was publically traded, would you buy, sell, or hold?

your returning core is weak. there are no standout frosh incoming and the future recruiting horizon is further hamstrung by sanctions and a looming retiring coach. and for that reason... i'm out.

your returning core is weak. there are no standout frosh incoming and the future recruiting horizon is further hamstrung by sanctions and a looming retiring coach. and for that reason... i'm out.

You are wrong on all counts.

I'd probably be a buyer here. That's why I'm into gold and silver. Baron Von Rothschild once said "buy when there is blood in tne streets"

Hard not to buy during college football season with syracuse tradion the carrier dome, but they need to get a coach who builds and sticks with a program. With all the ups and downs they need someone that bleeds syracuse football can coach recruit and won't jump for the money.

I love syracuse basketball, and will be loyal to JB hes done great things, but I wish we could get some guards who faceguard and play some lockdown pressure defense up top. Its time to go 4 deep for that reason up top. Losing Ron patteson was the worst thing that could happen imo, it pulls us even further from that direction.
All the other hardships will pass over time with patience. There is just something about sports that play with fire as opposed to smart ball. Its more fun to watch. The program needs a clean fresh look like the 09-10 and 11-12 teams had.. badly.

As for lacrosse are we the best program in the country yes, but you get the feeling duke will catch up in another 18-30 years funny that it will take them that long though.

I don't see it as buy or sell but can they get their stuff straight??

I am also all in on making us a state school it would be best for the university if we had the balls to do it. Instead of saying we are ny's college team lets take it with faith. NY needs a state school, lets make it us before it shoots us in the foot. Heck we have done everything else in the scope of college sports in the last 10 years, what the heck do we have to lose??? Spend the money and make it happen already. What are we waiting for? Even if we had to change the name of the university to nyuniversity it would be worth it in the longrun.
Good to see you can still come up with some of the most bizarre posts in the history of this board. Honestly, I wouldn't even know where begin...

*Yes, I know I spelt publicly wrong in the title.

Figured this could be an interesting offseason discussion. My friend and I were debating this over the course of the past weekend...if SU athletics was publicly traded, what would you do with the stock?

I would imagine that the stock would currently be beaten down quite a bit after rising significantly after SU's inclusion into the ACC.

The negatives:
-Current NCAA mess
-The uncertainty over what happens after Boeheim retires
-Uncertainty of not having a full time AD
-Very poor football team with dismal attendance
-In a bit of a lull after the successes of recent basketball teams

The positives:
-ACC money
-Strong overall leadership in chancellor Syverud
-Opportunity to hit a homerun and hire a notable AD
-Jim Boeheim is still coaching
-Great basketball recruiting class
-Tremendous support for the basketball program
-ACC is not that great in football, so the team can surprise and win their fair share of games
-Lacrosse powerhouse

Honestly, I think I would have sold most of my SU stock. The basketball team has established itself as a perennial contender, so there is not really that much higher for it to go. And when Boeheim does call it quits, what are the chances that the program gets taken up a notch? Looking at those who followed legends, it's far more likely for the program to slip a bit.

As for the football team, I just don't see how they will ever become a notable team again. I'd like to be proven wrong, but I just don't see it.

The only reason I would not have sold all my shares is that I believe SU is in great hands with Chancellor Syverud. Regardless as to what happens on the field or court, I think he will steer the overall ship in the right direction.

Sell immediately and buy stock in an NBA team. NBA revenue is growing at a faster rate than NCAA revenue.

Good to see you can still come up with some of the most bizarre posts in the history of this board. Honestly, I wouldn't even know where begin...

More bizarre than mine?

I'd probably be a buyer here. That's why I'm into gold and silver. Baron Von Rothschild once said "buy when there is blood in tne streets"

Anyone who has studied the history of the Rothschild dynasty(the demigods of this world) has a good understanding of how the world is run, and a good idea of by whom. The blood the Rothschilds took advantage of was often generated by their influence for their own benefit, and continues this day. I believe Henry Ford was quoted as saying that if Americans understood how banks were run, there would be a revolution by morning, and at that time it likely would have been true. Now, I am not so certain due to the evolving of our values in the last few decades.

As for gold and now even silver, those markets have now been manipulated, similar to the diamond market. If one was hellbent on doing so, I'd recommend they at least get it in physical form as the certificates may in the end be as worthless as our fiduciary economy is very likely to become. Germany didn't get ticked off for kicks and giggles.

As for the Cuse, we may need someone with a crystal ball. Hopefully Kent can bring in a new AD that will be somewhat akin to Terry and Kim Pegula buying the Buffalo Bills which apparently could be the beginning to the end of the curse.

Last edited:
Certainly not.

During my lastest vacation, I had some spiritual and power matrix insights that helped me to understand the workings of this world. If some of my posts seem to lack restraint and cohesion, y'all might have really enjoyed the ones that died from SIDS.

A time ago, I stared into the night sky while smoking my occasional cigarette out the window, which reminded me of my time in Hawaii. I asked to whatever is out there, "How can I love everyone, unconditionally, when I don't even like some people?!?". The quick answer came that you dont need to like people to love and appreciate them. Liking is just a bonus, which at times can lead to biases.

Last edited:
I figure I have been long since I bought season tickets in 2011.
I think all the negatives are in the price so I would load up now. Under new management with big upside.

Waited a day or two to respond :)

I really believe becoming a state school would put the exclamation on us being NY's college team. You can ignore the rest I just wish we would step out in crazy faith like that.

I'd hold. Never will give up on my Orange, but can't afford to buy anymore than I already have. ;)

Cheers,
Neil

Waited a day or two to respond :)

I really believe becoming a state school would put the exclamation on us being NY's college team. You can ignore the rest I just wish we would step out in crazy faith like that.
The part about becoming a state school is the most bizarre, IMO.

But I do like the phrase "step out in crazy faith" and would like permission to use it in my real life.

vvvvvvvvv
I was about to say the same thing. Losing patterson hurt? Really?

Would members on the pay side have information that could lead to accusations of insider trading?

The part about becoming a state school is the most bizarre, IMO.

But I do like the phrase "step out in crazy faith" and would like permission to use it in my real life.

as long as you use it with Faith inJesus.

imo, Being a state school couldn't make us any worse only better, however not being one doesn't promise to make anything better. Just my two cents.

Syraucse is a bigger name now then it has ever been in the last 60 years, would hate to see it shrink back down.