If we end up in the NIT... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

If we end up in the NIT...

Multiple schools have turned down NIT bids in the past, including LSU last year I believe. I am pretty sure the ACC and our fellow conference mates couldn't care less whether or not SU plays in the NIT and turns down some nominal payment. As a program that considers itself just under blue blood status the bad look is not qualifying for the NCAA tournament not turning down a pointless NIT invite.

UK played in the NIT a few years back.

Yeah I mean if the committee changed their mind based on what happened the year before Seth Greenberg would still be coaching at VPI.

I wish someone would hire him! He's a putz who flip flops on issues. I'm sure hoping JB will give him a private mouthful after his recent antics.

No, not that kind! :(

Unfortunately, yes. I thought for sure they'd find a way to send us to Greensboro.
I'd 100% make that trip.

92ffc8ab9f67c2b206a3dfa642f92ee0.jpg

Unfortunately, yes. I thought for sure they'd find a way to send us to Greensboro.

Jake did you post your take on us getting left out and where we go from here? Curious to hear your thoughts. Thanks.

Jake did you post your take on us getting left out and where we go from here? Curious to hear your thoughts. Thanks.
I have no complaints being left out. We threw up on ourselves in the preseason, and blew chance after chance to get in.

Likely another bumpy off season with a search for players. Need a pg badly and a shooter.

Biggest issue will be who returns.

I have no complaints being left out. We threw up on ourselves in the preseason, and blew chance after chance to get in.

Likely another bumpy off season with a search for players. Need a pg badly and a shooter.

Biggest issue will be who returns.
Jake on the nervous scale, where do you stand in terms of direction and projection for Cuse over the next 5 years?

I'm worried that UNC-G is going to play like their SUPER BOWL.

Of course--and if I were their coach, I'd be whipping the team into a frenzy over JB's comments, too. Any edge you can get.

I just hope we don't come out and go through the motions Tuesday. Win the game.

Of course--and if I were their coach, I'd be whipping the team into a frenzy over JB's comments, too. Any edge you can get.

I just hope we don't come out and go through the motions Tuesday. Win the game.

You got the feeling the team was pretty devastated that they got left out based on JB's comments. I wouldn't be shocked if this was a go through the motion type of game.

You got the feeling the team was pretty devastated that they got left out based on JB's comments. I wouldn't be shocked if this was a go through the motion type of game.

I could see that, but that would fall squarely on JB and the staff. It would be soooo Syracuse.

That's what happened in 1997, IIRC. Got whipped by Florida State in the dome, who was excited to play us. Our guys could barely put forth the required effort.

I could see that, but that would fall squarely on JB and the staff. It would be soooo Syracuse.

I can understand that thought process as they could have been in the tourney had they not laid an egg a half dozen times. That being said with so many seniors/grad transfers I fail to see how they get up for this game. You can tell from Jim's comments yesterday and today that he has little enthusiasm/interest in this game. Obviously you never know until the game starts but this reeks off a classic SU we could care less type of a performance.

That's what happened in 1997, IIRC. Got whipped by Florida State in the dome, who was excited to play us. Our guys could barely put forth the required effort.

Ya I remember that game. It was clear 5 minutes in it was gonna be a disaster and man was it brutal to watch. I fear that's what were in store for tomorrow, Gillion and White are hearbroken I am sure and probably can't wait for the season to come to a merciful end. Can't say I blame them.

Had really good seats for that disaster. I think I might have been sitting with some familar names for that one.

That was my most disgusting experience as a fan. I can tolerate not playing well, but not lack of effort and I felt that was obvious that night. I think that's the only game I have ever turned off early.

So, wild thought here. If Jim is coming back next year, any chance he lets Mike coach the NIT with 100% free reign?

Gotta say "no" because Jim has never won the NIT and one would expect he will fight to the bitter end over these next 13 months. But wouldn't it be cool?
No, but I heard that he will start all the walk ons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom