If we play like we did tonight the rest of the way we are a def NCAA T team | Syracusefan.com

If we play like we did tonight the rest of the way we are a def NCAA T team

Couldn't have said it any better. Free Frank! At least when Cooney is 2-9...

He's our only PG. And a great playmaker. He's smooth with the ball. Opposite of Trevor. Cooney plays because he's always a threat to hit long threes and today we needed them after being down all game. But frank Howard is significantly more gifted in terms of being a playmaker for others.

I didn't like the way we played tonight and I feel like our great outside shooting (we made a lot of deep off balance threes) actually masked overall poor execution on both ends. UVA shot 56% from the field and could have had a picnic lunch in the middle of our zone for half the game.

8 total assists the entire game is not winning basketball.

Still played them tough for a team that lost like only 1 ACC game at home over the last few years.

UVA shot 56% from the field and could have had a picnic lunch in the middle of our zone for half the game.
agree to an extent, we played much better defensively in the 2nd half though - I was pretty discouraged at halftime but now actually feel pretty good about that game all things considered

We need the next 5.

Frank Howard is a playmaker and needs to play.

He's going to be good. Say this every game.
Frank needs more time especially when erratic Cooney shows up. When 20 points in a half Cooney shows up, then no Howard

I didn't like the way we played tonight and I feel like our great outside shooting (we made a lot of deep off balance threes) actually masked overall poor execution on both ends. UVA shot 56% from the field and could have had a picnic lunch in the middle of our zone for half the game.

People were saying this in the game thread and I definitely agree - Virginia is probably the worst team you could possibly zone. Great shooters, great interior scoring, offensive rebounding, and everyone on the floor is an excellent passer.

agree to an extent, we played much better defensively in the 2nd half though - I was pretty discouraged at halftime but now actually feel pretty good about that game all things considered

We need more plays like that beautiful bounce pass that G had to a cutting Roberson and less of G/Malachi/Cooney dribbling around and hoisting up prayers.

He's our only PG. And a great playmaker. He's smooth with the ball. Opposite of Trevor. Cooney plays because he's always a threat to hit long threes and today we needed them after being down all game. But frank Howard is significantly more gifted in terms of being a playmaker for others.
Trust me, I have been singing Frank's praises since day one. I completely agree with everything you said. He is our PG going forward.

totally agree with this. Taking solace from hitting 13 threes, many off balance with a hand in the face, is a foolish silver lining in this loss. The D was very good in the first 10 minutes of the second half. That s the main positive to take away from this one.

We need the next 5.

Frank Howard is a playmaker and needs to play.

He's going to be good. Say this every game.

He helps make G better. No other way to say it.

totally agree with this. Taking solace from hitting 13 threes, many off balance with a hand in the face, is a foolish silver lining in this loss. The D was very good in the first 10 minutes of the second half. That s the main positive to take away from this one.

In this camp as well. Bit of some fools gold one could say. Many of those threes were heaves, when nothing was happening offensively, stagnant, bailouts, etc. Still, I do think they played hard. I almost don't fault them. They guarded Roberson well on the pick and roll. We have limited driving ability against good teams and obviously no inside game. Just hoist them up and hope we stay close enough to potentially steal a tough road W.

How many open looks did Lydon pass up? Thought he might be coming around last game. Guess not. 1 shot the whole game?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom