"I'm drinking a lot of Budweisers after the game." | Syracusefan.com

"I'm drinking a lot of Budweisers after the game."

Eric15

Living Legend
I was thinking to myself, I wonder if there's a way to quantify the value of Peyton saying that. Like if beer companies could theoretically bid on the ability of an iconic Super Bowl-winning QB to say immediately after winning the game: "I'm drinking a lot of <such and such beer> tonight," that advertising would have to go for MILLIONS.

Frozen said:
I love Peyton as a player but he is such an advertising whore. I realize that Bud cannot and did not pay him to do that but he owns Bud distributors, so ultimately he makes $ off it.

I'd do the same thing.

EDIT: I'd say I was drinking it, but I wouldn't actually drink it.

I love Peyton as a player but he is such an advertising whore. I realize that Bud cannot and did not pay him to do that but he owns Bud distributors, so ultimately he makes $ off it.

Agree. I'd like to think that after maybe his final game, his post-game comments could be free from corporate shilling. Guess not.

The Bud people said they didn't pay for that, if you can believe that.

Just one more reason I'm a fan of the player, not the person. Got off that bandwagon with his relentless shilling for Papa John's. Like a friend of mine said, "The last pizza I'd want is from some German guy in Indiana."

Just like Bud, if the pizza was that fantastic, they wouldn't have to spend a bleep-ton to advertise it. Both, however, are generic products propped up by advertising bucks. The fact that Manning used what should have been a feel-good moment for football fans to hawk crappy beer says a lot about him. Probably has a future as a politician.

The Bud people said they didn't pay for that, if you can believe that.

I believe it. Active NFL players are not allowed to do ads for alcoholic products. I guess they are allowed to distribute it, though.

It reminded me of the old SNL spoof that had John Belushi winning the decathlon, and saying, while taking a drag of a cigarette, "I logged a lot of miles training for that day. And I downed a lot of little chocolate doughnuts."

Just one more reason I'm a fan of the player, not the person. Got off that bandwagon with his relentless shilling for Papa John's. Like a friend of mine said, "The last pizza I'd want is from some German guy in Indiana."

Just like Bud, if the pizza was that fantastic, they wouldn't have to spend a bleep-ton to advertise it. Both, however, are generic products propped up by advertising bucks. The fact that Manning used what should have been a feel-good moment for football fans to hawk crappy beer says a lot about him. Probably has a future as a politician.
Anyone notice that the guy Peyton shared a "man-kiss" with was none other than owner of Papa John's?

I was thinking to myself, I wonder if there's a way to quantify the value of Peyton saying that. Like if beer companies could theoretically bid on the ability of an iconic Super Bowl-winning QB to say immediately after winning the game: "I'm drinking a lot of <such and such beer> tonight," that advertising would have to go for MILLIONS.

Peyton's two post #game Budweiser mentions worth $3.2 million in equivalent advertising time, says @ApexMGAnalytics

Anyone notice that the guy Peyton shared a "man-kiss" with was none other than owner of Papa John's?

Yep. Daughter caught it and we rewound to confirm.

It reminded me of the old SNL spoof that had John Belushi winning the decathlon, and saying, while taking a drag of a cigarette, "I logged a lot of miles training for that day. And I downed a lot of little chocolate doughnuts."
Great skit!

I believe it. Active NFL players are not allowed to do ads for alcoholic products. I guess they are allowed to distribute it, though.

Does that mean that Peyton is no longer an active NFL player?

peyton-manning-kissing-papa-john.gif

I hope he doesn't drive afterwards. And has his Nationwide policy paid in full.

I personally didn't mind it. At least he is out front about it and not the least bit subtle. Guy looked for every edge he could on the playing field, no reason for him not to in his post playing days either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom