I'm surprised there's no thread on Judah's outburst | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

I'm surprised there's no thread on Judah's outburst

The problem is...we have humans reffing the games. Playing it as well. Ref a game and have a kid whine all game long and get back at me on how much of that you put up with? I don't blame the ref for calling the T. I do blame Mintz, who by the way, I have been the biggest defender of on this board, for complaining as much as he does.

You're doing it again...

Refs are "human" and players are whiney pita's.

The "refs are human" is a total cop-out on poor reffing performance and is biased.

When a ref is poor, critique is warranted and it's not a conspiracy.

Two things can be true.

You're doing it again...

The "refs are human" is a total cop-out on poor reffing performance and is biased.

Two things can be true.
Refs can be critiqued. I do it every game. Just not by players. Players play and shut their mouths. Coaches have the job of critiquing refs. They do a good job of it. It's pretty simple. As for players being whiney pita's?? Sadly, that is our team. You ever see other teams whine like we do?

Refs can be critiqued. I do it every game. Just not by players. Players play and shut their mouths. Coaches have the job of critiquing refs. They do a good job of it. It's pretty simple. As for players being whiney pita's?? Sadly, that is our team. You ever see other teams whine like we do?
Duke

Even the N.C. State coach after the game last week said that Mintz jumps in to the defender and gets the calls.
Yeah, and a lot of refs won't give a guy a call if they think he's just going for the call. Judah would get more calls IMO and be a better player if he'd just attack fearlessly and let the contact happen instead of looking for it.

Anyone ever play for a coach that let you argue with refs? Anyone ever coach and let your players argue with a ref? I played and I have coached. If I said a word to a ref, I would sit. When I coached, only I talked to refs.

Remember when Judah slapped Doug Edert in the back of the head? Lmaoooo
Yeah, that was a hoot right up to the time he got tossed out of the game and we lost at the end when we didn't have him in the game. Man, that wasn't so funny.

You're doing it again...

Two things can be true.
FWIW, the refs have a vested interest in getting the calls correct. The NCAA has a system in place to evaluate and rank referees, and those rankings are used to determine which referees are assigned to tournament games. Further, all of the power leagues have assignors in place who also evaluate every refs performance from games films. This happens even for the non revenue, lower profile sports. The refs are ranked and advised of their performance. The best are typically assigned to the higher profile games and get assigned more often.

There used to be a system in place where coaches were allowed to black list a small number of refs. This was true even at the HS level. I think this is still in place, but I've been away from that end for awhile now.

Not if said player is bad for team chemistry, and is defiant to a new head coach seeking to get established and make his mark.

Both counts are what you are apparently missing.

Nobody disputes Judah's talent. And he is fun to watch play -- I'm happy that he's on our team. But I don't want to see him -- or any other player for that matter -- showing up the coach from the court, or hurting the team with immaturity.
By all accounts hes a good but extremely immature kid.

Okay, here is your question. Better chance, Mintz back at the Cuse or me getting a date with kate Beckinsale?
How much coin do you have:)

Judah deserved the T. Deserved to sit, and deserved to be put back in. Part of evaluating Red next year will be if we continue to see this stuff.
Reds doing just fine.

Try reffing a basketball game sometime…any level. Then tell me how easy it is.
This argument makes no sense to me. Why does it matter how hard your average person would find the job?

The job is the job. The ref's job is to call the game in accordance to what they see as it relates to the boundaries set forth in the rule book. That's it. That's the job. It's a hard job, but so what? That's the job.

Being a heart surgeon is a really hard job. When there are complications during heart surgery because the heart surgeon messed something up nobody would ever think to excuse it by telling the family that they should try being a heart surgeon sometime.

This argument makes no sense to me. Why does it matter how hard your average person would find the job?

The job is the job. The ref's job is to call the game in accordance to what they see as it relates to the boundaries set forth in the rule book. That's it. That's the job. It's a hard job, but so what? That's the job.

Being a heart surgeon is a really hard job. When there are complications during heart surgery because the heart surgeon messed something up nobody would ever think to excuse it by telling the family that they should try being a heart surgeon sometime
What is the point? Do refs make mistakes? Yes. Everyone knows that. I don't think anyone has said differently. The point is that players can't be the ones complaining to the refs about that. That is the coaches job. If players are allowed to do that, every charge block call will have at least one guy complaining.

Here is Judah barking at an official after a perceived no-call.
Screenshot 2024-03-03 173953.jpg

And here he is taunting the Louisville bench.
Screenshot 2024-03-03 174037.jpg

In a season where we have virtually no margin of error for losing at this point, it would be a disaster if he was ejected or T'ed up at a critical juncture for having no self control.

Being a heart surgeon is a really hard job. When there are complications during heart surgery because the heart surgeon messed something up nobody would ever think to excuse it by telling the family that they should try being a heart surgeon sometime.
Only if the patient was running up and down the operating room at breakneck speed.

What is the point? Do refs make mistakes? Yes. Everyone knows that. I don't think anyone has said differently. The point is that players can't be the ones complaining to the refs about that. That is the coaches job. If players are allowed to do that, every charge block call will have at least one guy complaining.
I'm not debating your point about the appropriateness of players talking to refs, though.

Judah is an elite athlete with the ability to get in the lane anytime he wants. They don’t grow on trees. Judah is immature and needs tough love. Red has shown him some tough love. You don’t let your best player leave to play somewhere else. No one you bring in will have the impact Judah has on a game. Coleman’s behavior was much worse than Judah. He would throw punches and not get taken out.
It’s easy to say this after playing a terrible Louisville team. But we’ve seen enough games where he wasn’t able to get into the lane at will. Lets keep some perspective.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom