"Inconceivably," ..." last team in" (Lunardi) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

"Inconceivably," ..." last team in" (Lunardi)

my current last 6 in :
(no specific order as of now)
ucla
boise st
Colorado st
Syracuse
Louisville
Drake

6 just off the bracket:
ole miss
utah state
xavier
seton hall
duke
saint louis

Technically he didn’t say Syracuse itself getting in was inconceivable... but the ACC getting 8 teams was .. I know .. I know ... splitting the hairs Linardi doesn’t have
Read what I wrote. I used two separate quotes. I knew exactly what I was doing/saying. You may question my basketball knowledge ... but not my use of the English language. ;););)

Last edited:
True but we lost barely to Rutgers down two key players, Pitt shortly after a pause and are one of the only teams who didn't get a home quad 1 game. Our Road losses are all quad 1 except Pitt. So our Quad 1 is deceiving and thus when you look at the whole season and resume it's a little different than just a number.
Pitt was coming off a pause in the Dome game too...FWIW

What happens to a Syracuse fans brain when they simultaneously hate Lunardi but he says something they like...

1615429918887.png

Gutierrez made a lot of rookie mistakes trying to cover this team. He needs a mentor to teach him how to be a good journalist.

Yeah like me, who proclaimed that the bubble watch thread should be shut down after Duke and Georgia Tech blew our doors off.

Seriously, Gutierrez wasn’t wrong. And the crazy part is he said they should start getting ready for next year. Meaning playing other players. The crazy thing is, playing other players is actually what this team needed. They played better defense and pushed each other to be better players to stay on the court. The competition that it started lead to better play by the individual players. Last Sunday, me and a whole bunch of others on this board didn’t think we had a shot after another double digit loss.

I mean 2 weeks ago? We were firmly out. I’d say this is decent progression. This team reminds me a little of 2005
You mean 2006.
View attachment 197736
Think this fits here :p
I like Matt Gutty. He’s a good reporter. But he’s had some pretty bad knee-jerk H0T Takes this season. The tweet that set off JB last week was one of them. (JB’s low-blow response was ridiculous but Matt’s take was also off base.)

Last edited:
Look I don’t care for local beat reporters but he wasn’t wrong. We were dead. Whoever had us doing what we just did over UNC Clemson and NC state after Duke and GT is just lyin
In my opinion, we are fortunate to have 2 of the best beat writers in the business right here in Syracuse with Mike Waters and Donna Ditota.

When you look at NCstates losses they are not bad.
Cusex3, Splitting virginia(won on the road), @unc, @fla state, Clemson, Miami (who just beat clemson and Louisville lost to unc,VT,clemson again by 2 points each game) and Duke. All those teams have a pretty high rpi atm.
They beat Virginia and UNC.

Last edited:
You mean 2006.

I like Matt Gutty. He’s a great reporter. But he’s had some pretty bad knee-jerk H0T Takes this season. The tweet that set off JB last week was one of them. (JB’s low-blow response was ridiculous but Matt’s take was also off base.)
I see what you might have done there.

So Lunardi has us in. And nobody's worried about the fact that he's always wrong about us?
He went kicking and screaming though. I feel like this year he really played up the Syracuse shtick for clicks.

He had no other choice to do it as we kept winning and everyone on top of us kept losing.

This is the year he gets off the schneid on picking us

But if he was given more opportunities to leave us out and keep up with the “kryptonite” thing without looking like an idiot, he’d of done it in a NY minute.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom