Is Boeheim Serious??? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Is Boeheim Serious???

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's legitimate if he actually thought Frank should try to miss. MISS!?

JB was probably somewhat confused. If it was a two point game the right call is probably to miss. He probably had this in his head and didn’t do all of the mental math he should have. As someone else said, boeheim will probably never admit to the mistake, but this doesn’t make it a particularly significant one. Coaches make these types of errors all the time; this one was about as meaningless as it could possibly be.

I don't believe JB wanted him to miss. It has to be that he was upset that Frank was that close to the ASU player. Nothing else makes sense.
Lip-reading seemed pretty blatant, but who knows I guess.

The zone that has gone to two final fours in the last 5 years? That zone? The zone that K thanked Hop and JB for just this past week? That zone?
Right - cuz the zone got us back into the game against Virginia.

Yeah I'm 100% positive JB yelled at Frank "I told you to miss it"
Well, if that is the case, Jb needs to resign tonight. He can't add and that should be a requirement to coach. I had a high school coach that in a pre season jamboree, had our school play zone down 1 with :30 seconds left. the other team in bounded the ball and held it for the last 30 seconds. He thought we were up 1.

I guess for JB, the chance of a catch and a 90fter with 0.4 seconds left is literally 0 - but he's thinking if they can ibound it somehow if the pass and shot is perefect with us playing D they could get an and 1?

Bingo... the dude in the middle wasnt even looking to shoot and yet the guard dropped down time after time and left the three point shooter open...
Are you expecting a 73 year old head coach to recognize this? Cmon man - old timers don’t innovate.

The zone that has gone to two final fours in the last 5 years? That zone? The zone that K thanked Hop and JB for just this past week? That zone?
The zone that gives up open threes, every time, off of 3 predictable offensive attacks. The zone that has a bizarre fixation on stopping mid-range jump shots. The zone that allows multiple lobs/dunks per game.

This years defense has been masked by insanely slow pace of play. Our defense is the anti-2018 defense. We are insanely long yet collapse on everything and get sucked up into the mid-range.

This all results in dunks and open threes. High percentage momentum shots. We should be forcing kids to take mid-range twos and make quick decisions in semi-claustrophobic spaces with players around them but allowing them to pull the trigger.

We had no business almost losing to ASU. JB even said they shoot the 3 well and we need to stop that...well????? Tf was that performance?

The zone that gives up open threes, every time, off of 3 predictable offensive attacks. The zone that has a bizarre fixation on stopping mid-range jump shots. The zone that allows multiple lobs/dunks per game.

This years defense has been masked by insanely slow pace of play. Our defense is the anti-2018 defense. We are insanely long yet collapse on everything and get sucked up into the mid-range.

This all results in dunks and open threes. High percentage momentum shots. We should be forcing kids to take mid-range twos and make quick decisions in semi-claustrophobic spaces with players around them but allowing them to pull the trigger.

We had no business almost losing to ASU. JB even said they shoot the 3 well and we need to stop that...well????? Tf was that performance?
Dude. Go to bed or something.

is this really your take after we just pulled out that win? really?
Absolutely. As bad as we are offensively, only reason we almost lost was because of how we played the zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom