Is Gus gone? | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Is Gus gone?

This is what happens when one starts dancing with different partners. We could know more after tonight's date.

Wouldn't the coaching staff be considered part of the "family", especially when it's your potential position coach and the OC?

No. Look at our own GMcD. He has had three jobs in 2 years? He is a rising star, if we put up similar offenseive or better numbers this year, would anyone be surprised to see this guy leave for an OC job at a bigger school? I sure wouldnt.

Coaches come and go. There is a BETTER than GOOD chance that the guy who recruited you WILL NOT be around to see you graduate. Why base a college choice on that? Look at all the guys who bought into Marrone. Poof gone. Its nature of the biz.

cant blame gus. he committed and was coming here. coaching staff changes. that changes everything. although miami doesnt make sense, i have respect for a kid who was committed to cuse at one time and changed his mind for a good reason, that isn't being courted by a bigger name school.
A convenient excuse if you ask me in reference to DM. The kid has always said his "Dream School" was Miami. Even if DM stayed, if Miami came calling like they are now, he would have listened and IMO, we would be in the same situation we are now, wondering and speculating. If we have a shot, it will be because AC is interested in recommitting at U of M. I have heard that U of M was planning on keeping a few open slots this year geared towards impending sanctions and lost scholly's, which regardless of the NCAA screwups, will hit Miami this spring.

If Gus wants to de-commit, fine, that's his decision. I certainly hope not. As far as these writers go, we can get into the age old debate again of how they're paid by certain sites and how they might slant stories bc of that. Most writers are not paid to be objective anymore. Newspaper is dying and slanted drivel is taking it's place in the form of blogs, social media and web pages bc that seems to sell. It's supposed to be for entertainment purposes, but, more times than not comes at the expense of an individual and/or entity. Negativity seems to be what a stark majority of individuals are intrigued by. and it's scary.

Why would you
he hasnt decommitted i read on TOS that us fsu and miami are all even at this point and the writer who spoke to him spoke to him after this rivals story
Why would you post stuff that is subscriber info from the other site especially considering that you were asked not to?

If Gus wants to de-commit, fine, that's his decision. I certainly hope not. As far as these writers go, we can get into the age old debate again of how they're paid by certain sites and how they might slant stories bc of that. Most writers are not paid to be objective anymore. Newspaper is dying and slanted drivel is taking it's place in the form of blogs, social media and web pages bc that seems to sell. It's supposed to be for entertainment purposes, but, more times than not comes at the expense of an individual and/or entity. Negativity seems to be what a stark majority of individuals are intrigued by. and it's scary.

Bingo. Page views, and clicks. Thats what its all about. Post a rumor, get clicks, get $$$$. Rinse and repeat.

A convenient excuse if you ask me in reference to DM. The kid has always said his "Dream School" was Miami. Even if DM stayed, if Miami came calling like they are now, he would have listened and IMO, we would be in the same situation we are now, wondering and speculating. If we have a shot, it will be because AC is interested in recommitting at U of M. I have heard that U of M was planning on keeping a few open slots this year geared towards impending sanctions and lost scholly's, which regardless of the NCAA screwups, will hit Miami this spring.

you may be right van. i have no intimate knowledge. but personally, it seems like a legitamite reason to change schools, and it seems like the most logical. i am going to go with the obvious reason until i have solid information otherwise.

now, please try to explain to noexcuse what i was attempting to say. it wasnt the prettiest of english sentences, but gd, it wasn't THAT difficult to understand.

Who knows what the real story is.. Just my opinion, but I would be absolutley shocked if we got his letter on NLI day.

What's irritating about the social media - twitter etc is that it could be al golden himself twittering under a bogus handle/profile harassing him and pretending to be cuse fan etc. it's nuts but nothing can prevent lunatics from doing this kind of thing.

No. Look at our own GMcD. He has had three jobs in 2 years? He is a rising star, if we put up similar offenseive or better numbers this year, would anyone be surprised to see this guy leave for an OC job at a bigger school? I sure wouldnt.

Coaches come and go. There is a BETTER than GOOD chance that the guy who recruited you WILL NOT be around to see you graduate. Why base a college choice on that? Look at all the guys who bought into Marrone. Poof gone. Its nature of the biz.
You and I know that, but when the coaches recruiting a 17-18 year old kid hear the "family" pitch, they are most certainly including them in the "family." Think like a highschool kid for a minute.

Edit: And our own GMcD proves my point. How many recruits have followed him to us? We've already received commits from kids that followed him here, and others have at least taken a look that didn't have us on the radar. All because most kids commit to a coach, not a school.

how about this gem by Edwards when talking about Coley, who recruited him at FSU, and is now OC at Miami

"He's cool. I like him. But i'm being recruited by the school, the coaches have no effect on me."

Really??

You and I know that, but when the coaches recruiting a 17-18 year old kid hear the "family" pitch, they are most certainly including them in the "family." Think like a highschool kid for a minute.

Edit: And our own GMcD proves my point. How many recruits have followed him to us? We've already received commits from kids that followed him here, and others have at least taken a look that didn't have us on the radar. All because most kids commit to a coach, not a school.

Precisely my point, mos of the parents, handlers, guardians dont know better either.

Just throwing this out there but is it possible that Gus' UM offer is conditional pending the decision of 5* RB Alex Collins who visited UM on 1/18 & seems to be a similar style "bigger" back? Maybe he's UM's backup plan & SU is his backup plan.

Precisely my point, mos of the parents, handlers, guardians dont know better either.
I thought your point was that losing most of the coaching staff isn't a reason for AE to reconsider his commitment?

I don't know why, but R*v**s has Gus committing to us on 1/28/13, yet still interested in FSU and Miami.

I don't know why, but R*v**s has Gus committing to us on 1/28/13, yet still interested in FSU and Miami.

Maybe because their reporter who interviewed him over weekend wrote that he decommitted from us... a claim that Gus refuted yesterday as false... also could be that the offer from Miami may be conditional (as others have pointed out) so he's decided to keep his options open...

I think they are taking it as he "re-committed" yesterday, as he may have said something unofficially to the reporter prior...

But who knows?? ...pure speculation

Maybe because their reporter who interviewed him over weekend wrote that he decommitted from us... a claim that Gus refuted yesterday as false... also could be that the offer from Miami may be conditional (as others have pointed out) so he's decided to keep his options open...

I think they are taking it as he "re-committed" yesterday, as he may have said something unofficially to the reporter prior...

But who knows?? ...pure speculation
Best news so far is there's no news that he committed there after yesterday's full court Miami press.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom