Is Gus gone? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Is Gus gone?

To be truthful he's a better fit at Miami. After that incident where he and others were kicked off the team for taunting a 15 year old girl who ended up committing suicide by jumping in front of a train my feelings for him changed. SU stuck with him through that whole episode. Can't wait to face him now.

That's a fair point, but do we really know what his involvement was? Gus "seemed" like a well grounded kid with a strong family support system. My guess athletically, he is going to be special with the right coaching..

That sucks. Adds a little pressure to recruiting at the RB spot following PTG's and Smith's graduation after this season.
I hope George Morris and Devante McFarlane get some game time this year.

Looks like McFarlane will be staying at running back, then. Makes sense now that we've been all in on some safeties. Hurts to lose a blue chip from NYC, but not the end of the world.

That sucks. Adds a little pressure to recruiting at the RB spot following PTG's and Smith's graduation after this season.
I hope George Morris and Devante McFarlane get some game time this year.

Recruiting pressure? George McDonald has never heard if that term.

It' s OK. We DID, after all, lose our entire staff.

I'm getting a little weary of the vilification of these kids. You know, the allegations of character issues, and the 'if he doesn't want to be here, we don't want them' stuff.

It's not as if we're not poaching, or trying to poach, commits to other schools with our new recruiters.

Right now, we're playing the game as rough as any of our rivals, and I don't hear any lamentations about the tactics of, say, McDonald. In fact, we're lovin' it.

Wonder how that's gonna work out in a year or so when McDonald is poaching OUR commits at some other school.

Just sayin'...

sounds like the coaches had this feeling the way we were going after so many kids late.

Young_King@GodsGiftGUS
This is all a shock to me but ,I will be taking 3 more official visits before making my college decision. Florida state, Miami,Rutgers.
Seems like a good kid. I hope he is able to overcome the major challenges he will find trying to compete with all the super hyped Florida kids for playing time.

He would have gotten treated fairly here. As Ish's dad says, there is a strong incentive to treat NYC kids fairly here, just as there is a strong incentive to treat Florida kids fairly at the Florida schools.

Bold move on his part. I hope it works out well for him.

Looks like McFarlane will be staying at running back, then. Makes sense now that we've been all in on some safeties. Hurts to lose a blue chip from NYC, but not the end of the world.
Maybe Broyld as well.

:D

Got a funny feeling that Gus is a bit hurt, imagine Coach MacD has been seeing someone else

I feel bad for Gus as i believe he is making a huge mistake going this far away from home. From the little i have heard he is going to need a good support system. good luck to him

Wish Gus well but time to move on. May see this kid at Stony Brook before it is all over.

Who else is psyched about future of Cuse football and Coach McD?

It's ok, I'd rather have Laray anyways.
I agree on Laray. He gives us a different type runner that is not on our staff currently. Also can help our track team out as a bonus. Feel he could come in and play immediately as a punt/kick returner.

Unfortunately this is not surprising, one both Marrone and Hackett left its was a long shot AE was coming here regardless of whether or not Anselmo stayed. The one issue this does create is it makes Laray a must get recruit now, losing one is doable losing both would be a disaster.

I think the depth at RB scared Edwards and the coaching change was his excuse to change his mind. I'd love for him to come to Syracuse but it wasn't meant to be, can't blame him for being afraid of competing for the position.

I think the depth at RB scared Edwards and the coaching change was his excuse to change his mind. I'd love for him to come to Syracuse but it wasn't meant to be, can't blame him for being afraid of competing for the position.

Miami will be no different..

It's ok, I'd rather have Laray anyways.

Maybe if we were fielding a track team. But I wouldn't. Laray is about 170 pounds. Edwards is 6-2 220.

James left and all Miami has returning that had any numbers at all was Johnson.

While its unfortunate we lost AE i almost feel bad for him. He would have had a much better shot of getting a fair shake at pt here then either of those schools. I felt he made an emotional decision more then anything. Syracuse sticking with him through all of his problems is the only thing about this that frustrates me as a fan, but if any position is easily replaced its rb. Larays future just got that much brighter if he get over everything himself.

This sucks. We arguably lost our 2 best recruits in this transition.

There is no spin on this. Edwards is the real deal at running back and 10x better than Laray who we don't even have. Edwards is big nasty and football fast.

If he's going to play fullback then that's too bad for him.

I'm more pissed though because we stuck by him when he got suspended for his involvement with the girl that killed herself. If he doesn't stick with us when we stuck with him then c ya.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom