Is Orange on NIT bubble? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Is Orange on NIT bubble?

NCAA owns the NIT. We will make the NIT even if we lose on Wednesday. Our name would be a good draw for whomever we would play.

They dont go by that anymore.

They dont go by that anymore.
They can say whatever they want.
All they did was make the selection process more like the NCAAT.
With the seeding done.

The NCAA will select us if a lot of mid-major champions don’t get upset and use up bids.
The NCAA makes money off the NIT.

They can say whatever they want Syracuse at team X makes more money than Georgia or Virginia Tech at team X.

The fact that thus is his WORST is amazing. That after 44 years he never had a year like UNC had this year, not once

Duke had a losing record a while back under K, too.

Impossible there are 100 teams better than us even in this down year. Probably a #6 seed in the NIT. All road games.

"Is Orange on NIT bubble?"

tumblr_mamrssGHNI1qepf8yo1_500.gif

not just the prospect but the grammar.

We will miss the NIT.

Since we’re getting the auto bid to the NCAAT.

Good day for NIT bubble. #1 seeds won championships tonight in the Colonial, Horizon, Northeast, and Summit leagues.

Impossible there are 100 teams better than us even in this down year. Probably a #6 seed in the NIT. All road games.

It's not actually 100. There are several teams in the NCAA and NIT tourney from smaller conferences that are not top 100 teams. My guess is that we need to at least be in the top 72 (give or take a few spots) to be an NIT team. Most NCAA Teams 13 seed or below would not make the NIT (that is 18 teams), nor would the regular season champions of those conferences that get into the NIT (say another 8-10 teams).

I think if there is a tournament that is ripe to be cancelled it is the NIT tourney. It's probably not a large revenue maker if you can't have fans in certain arenas.

Or it could be simplified to an 8 team tourney at one location.

if, as is likely, both are nit bound, su & uconn will be bracketed together, potential 2nd or 3rd round matchup in hartford

I think if there is a tournament that is ripe to be cancelled it is the NIT tourney. It's probably not a large revenue maker if you can't have fans in certain arenas.

Or it could be simplified to an 8 team tourney at one location.
Just pick the teams and play it remotely on NCAA 2K12 for fook sake.
If we don't win the ACCT, I would just as soon they cancel the NCAAT, NIT, CIP. Tear it all up and light it on fire.

Florida is the only State in the Union you drive North to go South.

I don’t know mark .. your state is similar ... Dallas and north Texas much more “southern” than Houston / Austin /

I don’t know mark .. your state is similar ... Dallas and north Texas much more “southern” than Houston / Austin /

In my experience in Texas, you have the major metros, Austin and then there’s the rest of Texas, the real Texas. With a huge difference between West and East.

Texas is Texas

Neither Southern nor Western

But Texas

My take:
Dallas is new money, big hair and transplants.
Houston is oil, more ethnically diverse than Dallas.
Fort Worth is oil and the most Western.
El Paso is the Southwest.
Austin is new money with lots of transplants from liberal areas.
San Antonio is the true Texas

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom