It’s Portal time! | Page 61 | Syracusefan.com

It’s Portal time!

Same size and similar skillset as Paul Millsap( obviously not at talent level yet). Thus if he can get even see stronger and refine his face up game he has a chance.
Millsap was a two time NCAA Rebound leader who later developed a three point shot and became a NBA all star. I liKe QG but that would be high aspirations.

As i see the playing rotation for 21/22:

•Joe Girard 6-1 Jr G NY
•Buddy Boeheim 6-6 Sr 2G NY
•Benny Williams 6-8 Fr F MD
•Jimmy Boeheim 6-8 Grad F NY
•Jesse Edwards 6-11 Jr C Holland

Symir Torrence 6-3 Jr G NY
Cole Swider 6-9 Sr F RI
Bourama Sidibe 6-10 Grad C Mali

**I’d love Quadir Copeland to reclass and join the roster as a 4th guard
Outside of Benny that is one really unathletic roster. Hope we are still looking in the portal.

We should def pursue a guard like this. Why does JB just have to settle for Girard as the starting PG and not get the best players he can get? He had a guy in Kadary who was clearly the more skilled, athletic and talented PG, and it seemed like it was trending in the direction that Kadary would be the starter next season. Why not make it a competition?
maybe I am speaking too soon ...but so many talented players out there and not going after them? i really dont get it.

loyalty is great and all but this seems such a perfect moment to seize upon in terms of building a killer team...as a fan, it would be frustrating to see it squandered bc of personal feelings/sentiments/biases between coach and player(s)...

there are weaknesses on the current roster that are VERY ADDRESSABLE on the transfer market...that would solidify this team and make it so much better...

the only thing I am thinking is leaving the cupboard bare on purpose for this year to load up on an historic 22 recruiting class...if that happened...i would actually be cool with not going after the portal too hard...but even then grad transfers that will be gone after 21 would still be the move.

I just can't imagine the pool of capable PGs that we could get with our situation is deep.
eh...1300 players and not one out there???

not buying it.

plus all the high school players out there being squeezed by this flooded market...and europe and juco etc...

this is not a time of not enough talent.

for me, it is simply preferences of the coaching staff abut building a roster...if no one is brought it.

I get what you are sayng that the lack of apparent and likley playing time will be a significant deterrent...BUT there are just too many players out there for there not to be some great options that will be okay with being the 4th option and whatnot.

If Kentucky and duke can get burger boys to chill on the bench...it can be done.

Millsap was a two time NCAA Rebound leader who later developed a three point shot and became a NBA all star. I liKe QG but that would be high aspirations.

I think that would be where he could fit and find himself on a roster. Getting there and being at least somewhat that guy.. different story.

I always though Paul Harris could have been a Millsap type.

Why would any of these guys want to come here to fill depth and get 5 minutes of PT when they are starters or 6th men already?

That's why Jimmy hasn't been announced yet.

They need 1 more forward and/or center, although I would say more of a rebounding forward. If Quincy comes back, I think we're OK in the front court.

They also need one more guard, badly. It should be one of these guys who was a killer combo guard at the G5 level, or maybe a pure PG from that level of school.

I haven't seen anyone talk about Jalen Pickett from Siena. Rochester kid. He could take AG's spot. Definitely talented enough.
I did some and would love it but it seems like a long shot. He’s heard from Baylor, Illinois, UVA, washington, Penn state among others.

Does everyone else look at all these portal people as slapping the face of the coach/school that worked the hardest to recruit them. I realize there are a lot of reasons but we are looking at 4+ per school. Like every school.

nope...I didn’t look at it that way when Elijah or Wes came here.
players are going where they feel will be the best chance to showcase their skills

nope...I didn’t look at it that way when Elijah or Wes came here.
players are going where they feel will be the best chance to showcase their skills
You can't compare two guys who got drafted vs 1300+ in the portal. Very few (maybe 25% at the most) will be bettering their situation where they will have more impact on their new team. Unless they drop in class.

You can't compare two guys who got drafted vs 1300+ in the portal. Very few (maybe 25% at the most) will be bettering their situation where they will have more impact on their new team. Unless they drop in class.

why not? Was Elijah getting drafted based on his numbers at East Carolina?
do you feel he slapped the East Carolina coach in the face by leaving?

i don’t see much difference at all. He felt going to Syracuse would better his chances at the nba. Geno Thorpe probably did too. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn’t

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom