It’s Portal time! | Page 67 | Syracusefan.com

It’s Portal time!

Buddy is better than Rautins. Scoop is *way* better? I like what Jesse (and Sid and maybe Frank) bring defensively. Can Benny be Wes? Dunno. He’s good through. What about Swider? Torrence has been compared to Triche already.

This team will be a better shooting team and maybe better defensively at C.

While Buddy is a better shooter, and they are probably a push as far as rebounding goes, Andy was an excellent passer.

I think your math is off.

(1) Girard (2) Boeheim (3) Torrence (4) Owens (5) Williams (6) Swider (7) Sidibe (8) Edwards (9) Anselem (10) Boeheim if her transfers here (11) Guerrier if he comes back.
You're right, I overlooked Sidibe. Hopefully, he'll be healthy enough to contribute.

I'm not counting Owens as someone that would ever be in the rotation.

I agree with all of this, Ithaca. Great post. I wish JB understood this.
JB understood exactly what? Do you really think JB didn't start Kadary because he was scared to lose JG3? That there was some kind of inferred blackmail, start or lose JG3. It's an insult to both JB and JG3. JG3 has been loyal from the start. I loved seeing the commitment of JG3 as an Upstate player with his dream school fighting to be the 3rd guard (remember at the time there was Carey/Buddy/and then Goodine v JG3, and Goodine was ranked higher). People venting their frustration with Kadary's transfer on JG3 appear to be making things up, in an unfounded, malicious, conspiracy theory kind of way. I hope you understand that.

Did you see Ithaca's later post suggesting off the court behaviors as reasons for moving on from Devo and P Harris. In light of those recollections couldn't one at least entertain the possibility that Kadary was not given the keys to the team until he demonstrated the off court behaviors needed for a leader of the team? At least that it could have been a factor.

JB understood exactly what? Do you really think JB didn't start Kadary because he was scared to lose JG3? That there was some kind of inferred blackmail, start or lose JG3. It's an insult to both JB and JG3. JG3 has been loyal from the start. I loved seeing the commitment of JG3 as an Upstate player with his dream school fighting to be the 3rd guard (remember at the time there was Carey/Buddy/and then Goodine v JG3, and Goodine was ranked higher). People venting their frustration with Kadary's transfer on JG3 appear to be making things up, in an unfounded, malicious, conspiracy theory kind of way. I hope you understand that.

Did you see Ithaca's later post suggesting off the court behaviors as reasons for moving on from Devo and P Harris. In light of those recollections couldn't one at least entertain the possibility that Kadary was not given the keys to the team until he demonstrated the off court behaviors needed for a leader of the team? At least that it could have been a factor.
If you compare the two individual stat lines for the year. The playing time is about right.

You're right, I overlooked Sidibe. Hopefully, he'll be healthy enough to contribute.

I'm not counting Owens as someone that would ever be in the rotation.
I could be wrong, but I don't think Sid will count against the scholly limit. I believe any players electing to take the extra year will be removed from the scholarship total.

If you compare the two individual stat lines for the year. The playing time is about right.
Well just from watching the games, it seemed to me Kadary was blossoming into a star.

It stings not having him come back. It's looking like he's just what we could use next year. It will be very hard to find a portal player of that caliber to come here.

What this thread feels like right now... ;)
Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 12.51.24 PM.jpg

This is where you lost me. My team of 5 Andy Rautins will destroy your team of 5 Buddys. Absolutely destroy it. Andy was a much more completer player, and more physical. (That said, I reserve my right to adjust my opinion based upon the performance of senior Andy.)
Yeah, this is what happens when comparing players. How do you compare value in scoring vs passing? Who is better defensively - is it steals or shuttle speed? Defenders see Buddy as the primary offensive threat, Andy got to be on more balanced teams.

Like most good arguments, it’s close enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom