IU vs SU | Syracusefan.com

IU vs SU

Orangezoo

In the wind
in the past twenty years IU has endured the kind of drought that would make all of us nuts. This so called blue blood has had 4 sweet 16 appearances and two advances past that round ( one of those is at year 20 in 93). Outside of the past two years revival, they had the run in 2002 - otherwise they have had a number of early ncaa exits , nit appearances and no post season years. In that same time frame SU has a title, title game loss, 7 sweet 16's and one elite eight.

I first say we have to realize what that would feel like. Even though they were a juggernaut up through 93 and of course beat us- the drought they have been through since is not one of a blue blood. In many respects our programs share some common themes in the past few decades considering there were a lot of good players and good talent.

So i say lets just understand where their frustration is coming from if the roles were reverse we would be just as confident considering there has not been a team for them to be so confident about in a very long time vs our recent squads who have been so successful. I hope we crush them but as fans of IU over the last 20 yrs I feel for them a bit. They had a few good years after Smart's shot but after 93.. wow what a tough go.

We held onto Bobby too long, let Mike Davis inexplicably stay around, and made one of the worst hires of the last couple decades in in Kelvin Sampson. Much of the pain was self-imposed unfortunately.

good points. outside the run with jeffries, i really dont remember them doing much at all. the last decent teams i remember them having were with guyton? (i think thats the guy) and that seems like eons ago.

Michigan State with Final Fours in 1999, 2000, 2001,2005,2009, 2010 and the NC in 2000 has surpassed Indiana as the standard bearer for the B1G basketball conference. Indiana is still a top 10 program all-time, but they aren't the creme de la creme of the B1G anymore.

Michigan State with Final Fours in 1999, 2000, 2001,2005,2009, 2010 and the NC in 2000 has surpassed Indiana as the standard bearer for the B1G basketball conference. Indiana is still a top 10 program all-time, but they aren't the creme de la creme of the B1G anymore.

Over the past decade, you are correct. Going forward IU will be right back at the top with Michigan St, Ohio St, and Michigan. It's a blip in the radar over the course of IU bball history.

Take a look at the talent that has come out of the state of Indiana just over the past couple years; Gary Harris, Cody Zeller, Glen Robinsion III, Mitch McGary, Tyler Zeller, the Plumlees, Yogi Ferrell, Smith-Rivera, AJ Hammons, Marquis Teague, DeShaun Thomas, Brendan Dawson, etc. Go back a few more years to Sean May, Greg Oden, Mike Conley, Eric Gordon, etc etc. IU just needs to hang on to a % of those guys to be very good year in and year out. The number of good college basketball players coming out of Indiana each year per capita is staggering.

Uh ladies, (no disrepect to the real women on this board), while I appreciate the empathy and compassion for the Indiana basketball program, I really could care less about them "ending their drought" espcially when their road to do this comes through the Cuse.

Sorry, but if I could have it my way, the drought will have to continue until next year.

Uh ladies, (no disrepect to the real women on this board), while I appreciate the empathy and compassion for the Indiana basketball program, I really could care less about them "ending their drought" espcially when their road to do this comes through the Cuse.

Sorry, but if I could have it my way, the drought will have to continue until next year.
I would also prefer for their drought to continue. They can wait a little while to get back to the Final Four. If they want to get there next year when they aren't playing us, more power to them.

my post was too add a bit of perspective. i never said i hope they win- just pointing out why they might be a bit over confident in this one.

Indiana is one of those programs where college basketball is better when they're good. Just my honest opinion.
I said this very thing many months ago. I am glad Indiana is getting back to its former proud heritage. I just want to beat them.

We held onto Bobby too long, let Mike Davis inexplicably stay around, and made one of the worst hires of the last couple decades in in Kelvin Sampson. Much of the pain was self-imposed unfortunately.

I think we understand your pain... we just went through a "lost decade" with our football program

I am reposting your post below and replacing your coach names with our past Football coach names... Many here will see the parallel:

"We held onto Pasqualoni too long and made one of the worst hires of the last couple decades in Greg Robinson. Much of the pain was self-imposed unfortunately."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom