Jake Moreland New TE Coach at Syracuse | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jake Moreland New TE Coach at Syracuse

Who knows? He seems like a competent coach but no obvious connection to key SU recruiting territories as Whitey points out above...and I am starting to hear the Deliverance theme when I think about this coaching staff.

He coached at Air Force the last two years.

Oops missed that I was so locked into the WMU connection. We are going to hit the Rockies hard! The next Jonny Miller will be found!!

Who knows? He seems like a competent coach but no obvious connection to key SU recruiting territories as Whitey points out above...and I am starting to hear the Deliverance theme when I think about this coaching staff.

Yep, I think a lot of football coaches would make good Third World dictators. Can't have enough cronies to surround yourself with.

Can someone get in touch with shafer and show him a map of the U.S.a and point out to him that there is more to the country then the mid west. How in gods name do we go from gmacs florida connections to another mid west guy. Well I do have to hand it to him. If he's going down he's going to take all his boys with him.

Coach P caught a lot of flack for his Connecticut mafia hires during his tenure.

Hope this turns out as well, but the clock is ticking.

WMU has killed it in recruiting considering they are a MAC school. I wonder how many kids he has brought in? I welcome him to the family and hope he is ready to kick butt in the Midwest because we still have a recruiting hole in Florida
he's been at the academy for four years.

Bottom line: Six wins and a bowl game or they're all gone.
I don't know if that excites me or makes me more nervous. Hopefully shafer pulls one out of his behind cause the thought of gross picking another coach really is unsettling.

Whitey23 said:

Yeah, 2012-14. Wasn't sure how to read that at first.

kcsu said:
First blush i think he has potential

But the big question is: Can he get it done next season?

There might not be another opportunity.

ah well, not sure what to make of this one but here's to hoping for the best. I hope it can't get worse

tired_george_michael_arrested_development.gif

Yeah I realized that after I posted this, my head was too preoccupied with his WMU ties. Sounds like he is a good coach but can he make a difference in recruiting I have no idea

He's from Milwaukee.

But he did play 7 games with the Jets and 4 with the Browns...