JB enjoying retirement | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

JB enjoying retirement

Not excited about this. And I doubt anyone outside of Syracuse is excited about this.
Worry he might say something that gets him in trouble or make him look foolish. I just don't think he's got a great personality for tv, age plays a factor. I remember Bob knight trying this and it seemed like he didn't want to be there, age was a factor there too. Surprised he wants to do this after complaining about the state of cbb last February. Good news is now he can and gets to talk about other teams players.

Not excited about this. And I doubt anyone outside of Syracuse is excited about this.
Worry he might say something that gets him in trouble or make him look foolish. I just don't think he's got a great personality for tv, age plays a factor. I remember Bob knight trying this and it seemed like he didn't want to be there, age was a factor there too. Surprised he wants to do this after complaining about the state of cbb last February. Good news is now he can and gets to talk about other teams players.
He has done many interviews on National TV from PTI to Jim Rome , and on and on, not really sure what your talking about. He is very good with National Media, it’s local guys he doesn’t like .

Boeheim said he believes the ESPN contract will involve about 15-20 appearances; half of them would be in studio and the other half would be live games. He said his work with Syracuse University -- he is a special assistant to athletic director John Wildhack -- will factor into the amount of games he’s able to do.

“I’m busy,” he said. “I like it.”

JB has always been good with the national media. This is a good thing.

I can see him shining in studio. I'm curious how his personality translates to in game stuff. Does he talk enough to do in game color commentary? He seems more like a one liner kind of guy to me.

I’d imagine him and Seth will be together in studio, at times. Jim owes him for all his stupid impressions and shots he has taken at him over the years.

Gus is smart and can handle the national stage it was the local that he didn't care for.

I can see him shining in studio. I'm curious how his personality translates to in game stuff. Does he talk enough to do in game color commentary? He seems more like a one liner kind of guy to me.
I expect he will be very good at studio stuff and even better doing real time analysis of games. He understands the game and can articulate what is happening well.

I expect he will be a big success in this role.

I expect he will be very good at studio stuff and even better doing real time analysis of games. He understands the game and can articulate what is happening well.

I expect he will be a big success in this role.
Me too. I think he is going to kill it. Jim has forgotten more about basketball than any other ESPN analyst.

To be clear, I wasn't questioning his knowledge. I'm just curious to see how his personality translates. Some coaches that have had mediocre success coaching but great enthusiasm, eg Raftery, have been great in the booth while other more successful coaches fall flat. Coach K knows basketball too but I couldn't see him doing color. JB's dry sense of humor and one liners seem perfect for the studio. Hope he kills it in both.

Notice that this happened right after it came out that Huggins quit drinking? If Huggins were drinking, he would be wildly entertaining in this role. I am sure ESPN had Huggins pegged for this position until the bad news that Huggins is no longer a drunk.

I think he will be excellent. People say he’s a good-natured, sharp guy, right? And I really liked Bob Knight’s tv analyses, even though I think he’s an ass. (Note: I do not think Boeheim is an ass.)

People are complicated. We all winced at how he treated local media but he has always been charming on the national circuit. I look forward to this. I hope he will shine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teddy19

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom