JB enjoying retirement | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

JB enjoying retirement

I live in STL and most I have encountered think was a good coach and associate him with the zone more than anything else. Friends definitely would razz me about his quirkiness but that’s about it. A few fan favorites were getting kicked out against Duke, wet spot on his pants”in an embarrassing area” etc.

I also think he will be great on tv, more so in a studio role IMHO
No mention of ummm, digging for gold?

Most of those times are when he is in the middle of working in a hypercompetitive stressful environment as head coach of a D1 team with a massive fanbase struggling to stay afloat. All our memories of him being "quite mean" are in the middle of that. He isn't to act like he does during a press conference after a 20 point loss. I assume we see a relatively zen version of JB now.
Exactly!I have never seen Jim Boeheim be mean to anyone outside of that hyper competitive environment you speak of.Anyone I know that has had anything to do with him outside the arena has never spoke of him being mean spirited or anything like that.

Exactly!I have never seen Jim Boeheim be mean to anyone outside of that hyper competitive environment you speak of.Anyone I know that has had anything to do with him outside the arena has never spoke of him being mean spirited or anything like that.
His public persona is colored by the character trait that defines his competitive nature that made him so successful. He was a former walk-on who had to fight for his scholarship, a successful assistant coach who had to fight for the head coaching job, and a successful coach of a regional program who had to fight for national relevance.
The incidents that support the “mean” perception stem from his tendency to become overly defensive when questioned about his team or coaching acumen by someone with far less knowledge and understanding of the game.

It's not even officially announced yet and Boeheim's hiring is getting a lot of heat from Phil Mushnick in the NY Post.
Mostly over Boeheim's interview/poat game behavior and running afoul of the NCAA.

As an analyst he could be pretty good on TV.
Radio more worrisome.

The first report of hiring
former-syracuse-coach-jim-boeheim-finalizing-an-agreement-to-join-espn-for-2023-24-college-basketball-season

The NY Post's report of the report.

Mushick's take.
Scroll about half way down.

“unless you kiss his fanny” . I’m 52 and all I could think of was my dear, no longer with us grandma saying that phrase. Everything he said was factual, but he is just a jerk.

It's not even officially announced yet and Boeheim's hiring is getting a lot of heat from Phil Mushnick in the NY Post.
Mostly over Boeheim's interview/poat game behavior and running afoul of the NCAA.

Radio more worrisome.

former-syracuse-coach-jim-boeheim-finalizing-an-agreement-to-join-espn-for-2023-24-college-basketball-season

Mushick's take.

Mushick ripped on plenty of people in that article, not just JB. Sounds like a miserable person.

He has done many interviews on National TV from PTI to Jim Rome , and on and on, not really sure what your talking about. He is very good with National Media, it’s local guys he doesn’t like .
He doesn’t like guys 5’7 and shorter.

I can’t wait to hear JB break down the game. He may have aged out of coaching but he is an uber knowledgeable guy who can’t help but be himself and be honest. I love that I get some JB even when he’s not coaching anymore, it’s the best possible world. And I say that as someone who said his time has come and he has to go as our coach.

Radio more worrisome.

Mushick's take.

Ah yes, the New York Post, the most respected tabloid magazine in the world.

I got all of them except the third guy from the right.

Hmm...tall as Ryan Blackwell and John Wallace...

Shot in the dark. Tony Scott?

I got all of them except the third guy from the right.

Hmm...tall as Ryan Blackwell and John Wallace...
I thought that was Damone Brown and others seem to confirm that. But I’m drawing a blank about who’s on the far left. I know I’ve seen him in other pics recently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom