JB has spoken | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

JB has spoken

jgeorge322 said:
I'd say with his comments on ennis and cmac, it did sound like sour grapes. These comments, not so much. No offense man but youre opinions are very questionable. First you blast mali for leaving now you blast jb for blasting ford but spin it like jb blasted boeheim. I mean, step away from the keyboard for a moment and think critically.

No one thought Ennis was a first round pick for most of his freshman year. McCullough wasn't impressive during the end of his spectacular 15 game college career. You make s lot of investment in recruiting these players, and they bolt.

It's not like either one has done much so far, and I don't expect either to have special careers. They're ordinary NBA players.

It frustrates JB and I'm sure it's one of the things he won't miss when he retires.

If Boeheim said that it is likely to be hotter in July than March, people on this board would take issue with it.

Some do it because they don't like the guy. Some do it because they want to appear to be smarter than he is. Some do it to just post.

JB in that article said that NBA teams at this point in the season don't know who they are going to draft. I don't know, but I tend to believe him. He has been doing this a long time and has been affected by it. And I think if he were call the Knicks or whoever, they would probably answer the phone.

But then we have some random UConn fan on here assuring us that they do know. Or that they must know or must have an idea. (Because random UConn fan thinks so or can't imagine its not true.)
That's not exactly what I said but I am kind of random so yea. Don't you think though if you had picks in an upcoming draft and you were an NBA GM you would have a list of the top 50-60 players and have some idea of who your targets were? Plan A, Plan B, etc. depending on how where your picks ended up being. If it were my job, I sure would. DraftExpress has Richardson going 37th as of this morning.
*Edit: Correction it appears the DraftExpress list is from Sunday, even though strangely it seems to have the teams in the correct order.

My opinion was TE should have stayed one more year. It worked out for him which is great. But I was not saying TE should not be the one who makes the decision or that he should take into account the fans opinions on staying as part of his decision. The idea that fans should not make comments on someones decision is idiotic. The idiotic platitude "it's not their decision to make" is meaningless drivel. It's right up there with coming back another "you might get injured" argument. Yes, you might get injured. And you might get hit by a car or meteorite. Those things do happen.
We are in agreement.
And as regards fans opinion's, which they absolutely have every right to have and express, I'll just leave this here...
images

I hope you understand my original post had to do with analyzing the data for all the d-league players? I wasn't making a claim one way or the other. I was interested in the actual facts. The 33.5 may support your opinion but it may not be an accurate representation of the actual facts.

people have assured me several times that the few minutes a player gets in a D-league game are just as valuable as the majority minutes and leadership position someone would have on a D1 CBB team. It seems like a opinion to me.

Sounds like a take from someone interested in facts.

Listen, I'm as big of a JB defender as anyone...I love that guy...but I do think he needs to just accept reality. Seems like every year we get a few JB quotes about how terrible the draft process is, how no one knows anything, how teams haven't even thought about who they are taking, etc. It's like you can copy and paste quotes year to year. They are always the same.

JB...we hear you, but this process / media analysis isn't going anywhere. People like Chad Ford will do their best to speculate (based on what he hears from teams). It's part of the deal.

No one thought Ennis was a first round pick for most of his freshman year. McCullough wasn't impressive during the end of his spectacular 15 game college career. You make s lot of investment in recruiting these players, and they bolt.

It's not like either one has done much so far, and I don't expect either to have special careers. They're ordinary NBA players.

It frustrates JB and I'm sure it's one of the things he won't miss when he retires.

Im not sure your post was responsive to mine but being an "ordinary" nba player isnt so bad. My only point was i think this is jb railing against ford not mali's decision. I took more issues w his comments in years past.

Alsacs said:
You got it I can't handle it. That is it or maybe I get tired of wasting energy with #hotsportztakes.

I disagreed with you. I simply presented that. Go back and read it. Nothing malicious. I don't know how many times I have to tell you I can disagree with you and still respect your opinion.

But go ahead and put me on ignore again if you can't handle people disagreeing with you.

Malachi is not going in the lottery. Somebody offer me a bet if they think I'm wrong. He's just not. No way. Not happening.

I never blasted Malachi I said his decision didn't make sense to me. I used facts to support my opinion but based on the fact Malachi stayed in the draft he clearly has more information than some schlep on the internet and I am okay saying I was wrong and adjusting my take.

I am not blasting JB for giving his opinion I am questioning his need to do so. He has every right to stay whatever he wants but if I were a player and made my decision I wouldn't want my coach I played for free for and made him millions of dollars wearing a company's shoes I get nothing for doing so to stay anything but thank you and good luck.

JB can do whatever the heck he wants but it doesn't mean its right. JB was not blasting himself he is frustrated he is losing a potential all-conference player earlier than he anticipated based on his roster management.

Yes mali made jim boeheim. Boeheim was getting those mills without malachi ever being consumated. Nice phrasing.

Dave85 said:
My opinion was TE should have stayed one more year. It worked out for him which is great. But I was not saying TE should not be the one who makes the decision or that he should take into account the fans opinions on staying as part of his decision. The idea that fans should not make comments on someones decision is idiotic. The idiotic platitude "it's not their decision to make" is meaningless drivel. It's right up there with coming back another "you might get injured" argument. Yes, you might get injured. And you might get hit by a car or meteorite. Those things do happen.

My opinion is that forming opinions based on 1/10th of the info available is silly. Throw that in with a good helping of "it's kind of none of our business" and it's easier to just root for the kid and hope it works out.

Sounds like a take from someone interested in facts.

Assuming your are being sarcastic, I was not saying someone's else's opinion was false. Yes, I would love to know what playing in the D-league does for player's success in the NBA versus staying in school for another year in terms of total career earnings. It's difficult data to collect and analyze. Yes, I want the facts to shape my opinion. I hope that gives me some shred of respect in your mind.

Alsacs said:
JB was not blasting himself he is frustrated he is losing a potential all-conference player earlier than he anticipated based on his roster management.

How can you state that as fact?

#hottakzzzz

I disagreed with you. I simply presented that. Go back and read it. Nothing malicious. I don't know how many times I have to tell you I can disagree with you and still respect your opinion.

But go ahead and put me on ignore again if you can't handle people disagreeing with you.
I don't ignore anybody I get frustrated with wasting energy dealing with you responding to everything. The Scott Shafer stuff just broke my interest in responding. It is frustrating and tiring arguing with idealism and not realism.
You take idealism with everything I say and that gets old fast.

My opinion is that forming opinions based on 1/10th of the info available is silly. Throw that in with a good helping of "it's kind of none of our business" and it's easier to just root for the kid and hope it works out.

Again, I never said it was "our business". But I can still have an opinion that someone entering the draft this year is a really dumb thing to do. So what you are saying is I should never have an opinion on someone's decision to do something stupid because...I have no right to have opinions?

Yes mali made jim boeheim. Boeheim was getting those mills without malachi ever being consumated. Nice phrasing.
I never said Mali made JB. I said he made money coaching the kid and the kid got no money. If the kid wants to go make money JB shouldn't say anything but thanks and good luck.
Players should get paid if that is what they want. The college game is a free development system for the NBA if kids don't want to play for free they should go. Malachi wants to get paid to develop his potential rather than develop for free and his HC's benefit.

Malachi is not going in the lottery. Somebody offer me a bet if they think I'm wrong. He's just not. No way. Not happening.

But the UVA game he played really well. He's going to be a first rounder. Chris Ford said so.

Im not sure your post was responsive to mine but being an "ordinary" nba player isnt so bad. My only point was i think this is jb railing against ford not mali's decision. I took more issues w his comments in years past.

Of course, JB may be thinking Chris Ford is why Mali made his decision the way he did. I don't trust any Hoya.

I never said Mali made JB. I said he made money coaching the kid and the kid got no money. If the kid wants to go make money JB shouldn't say anything but thanks and good luck.
Players should get paid if that is what they want. The college game is a free development system for the NBA if kids don't want to play for free they should go. Malachi wants to get paid to develop his potential rather than develop for free and his HC's benefit.

Jb got paid for doing his job. If jb was getting that $ regardless then mali didnt make him . Also, cuse gave mali a platform. I dont bash the kids decision but jb didnt either. Read what the man said and dont infer what you want into it to support your flip flopping positions. Some of you act like such little drama queens on here. Its unreal.

Alsacs said:
I don't ignore anybody I get frustrated with wasting energy dealing with you responding to everything. The Scott Shafer stuff just broke my interest in responding. It is frustrating and tiring arguing with idealism and not realism. You take idealism with everything I say and that gets old fast.

Idealism is just the other side of pessimism. And that is why I responded to you stating as fact that JB has sour grapes over Mali leaving. It's not in his comments. It's not "realism."

He said that his beef is with the media and that his opinion is that Richardson isn't going as high as Ford said. <opinion>I think he was saying exactly what he told Mali and I don't think it was to keep him at Cuse. He told Carmelo to go. He thinks Ford is full of it. Just because he has a vested interest in his returning to the team doesn't mean that was the motivation for his comments.</opinion>

Note: I also joined you in your opinion on Shafer a couple of weeks later. But whatever, right?

We are in agreement.
And as regards fans opinion's, which they absolutely have every right to have and express, I'll just leave this here...
images

I'm not sure we are in agreement. Fan's opinions are important. You need fans to make money. The NBA is a form of entertainment. There's no reason for a star to publicly ever snub fan no matter what the fan is saying. You want people to buy the shirt with your number on it. Jeremy Shu-How Lin comes to mind.

Dave85 said:
Again, I never said it was "our business". But I can still have an opinion that someone entering the draft this year is a really dumb thing to do. So what you are saying is I should never have an opinion on someone's decision to do something stupid because...I have no right to have opinions?

Everyone is entitled to their opinions. But when it's rooted in 1/10th the info a player or JB has - it's not really worth much.

To make an informed opinion on someone's future you'd need the other 9/10ths of what they are weighing. I used to counsel high school and college kids and about 90% of the time my job was to listen to all of the things they were weighing. And even then I was loathe to present my opinion. It's better for them to own it.

So yeah - I think your ability to judge a decision "stupid" or not is severely flawed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom