JB Live Post-game Presser | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

JB Live Post-game Presser

"You know, it’s a university. As I’ve said from day one when I started working here, the university hired me, and it’s their choice what they want to do. I always have the choice of retirement, but it’s their decision as to whether I coach or not. It always has been."

My guess: I don't want to retire, but it's up to the University if they want me to coach or work in some other capacity.

Yeah. I don’t believe that at all. Like whatsoever. Jim Boeheim nor his family are on the thread. Neither is the AD or the Chancellor. That’s it. That’s the list who knows something.
And he's...wrong again

Have the University donate $1M to his favorite charity. Done.
zoolander-for-blog.jpg

Getting on a message board and complaining about speculation is like going to a strip club and complaining about nudity
There’s always that one guy in the room.

This is becoming an ESPN side show.
I guess this is what happens when you miss the tournament - need Syracuse story to keep going with or without on-court activity.

My take - he wants to continue to coach, but it's SU's call. And it seems like he is putting them in the position to make the choice.
I think it is exactly as you say here. Im a homer, but I want him for one more year with as many of these freshman as they can keep.

A few days ago Boeheim said he'd decide when he would retire.
Now it's up to the University.
Next maybe a fan poll?

Nobody wanted to see this going down like this. I blame the University for not having a set time for a public announcement. And JB for not circling around the issue.
As someone suggested, he could have talked about the game and the players and simply said we'll be making some decisions very soon and let it go at that.

If I had been JB, I wouldn't have wanted to make a final statement of what I was going to do at a press conference where I was being pushed to give one.

Whatever happens now needs to be done with what remains of any class and done immediately.

Soooo JB lol. But whats obvious is that this always was the way its going to have to end. JB will never say he is going to retire. He was suppose to leave when Hopkins was groomed to take over. He's had his sons play for him. Won a national championship. There is nothing, other than him dying on the court (which would be 50/50 if the university let him stay as long as he wants) that will get him to stop coaching. This is the only way that it ends. The University has to say, JB were moving on. Whether it's now, next year or 5 yrs from now. Those words are going to have to be told to JB. For bad or for good, he is who he is.

This is becoming an ESPN side show.
I guess this is what happens when you miss the tournament - need Syracuse story to keep going with or without on-court activity.
I mean other than Izzy and the slime ball at Kentucky... JB is the biggest coaching name left after all the recent retirements. It SHOULD be a big deal when he hangs it up, but he seems to be ruining that as well

It’s simple.. he wants to come back, the university does not want him to come back. So he won’t announce his retirement and he’s making the university fire him and be the bad guy.

Unbelievable

Unlike previous years when he assuredly said “I’m coming back”.

He also said “I hope we can come to an agreement. Meaning….he’s not under contract for next year.

In light of the decline the University is going to look like the good guy.

The man to man bronx cheer by the fans in the Dome is all anyone needs to guess how the public is going to react.

I mean other than Izzy and the slime ball at Kentucky... JB is the biggest coaching name left after all the recent retirements. It SHOULD be a big deal when he hangs it up, but he seems to be ruining that as well
Is he? Self is probably bigger.

JB just can't come out and say he's retired from coaching. So he said it in a roundabout way. It's the competitor in him and why he was so successful over most of his career. It's not that complicated.
But it appears he’s moved his focus from trying to beat other teams, to trying to beat father time. Unfortunately, we’re all gonna lose that battle.

Last edited:
My point is that several people ARE in the know and that if their sharing it I believe it. I can't speak for everyone who may have posted in the thread but I can for several.
Have any of those people said JW is in over his head? That he didn't do a bunch of stuff that he should have? That JB is trying to get paid?

I know a few posters as reliable and up front. I don't think they're responsible for most (or maybe any) of the accusations and categorical blame statements in this thread.

And anybody who calls that stuff "speculation" is being disingenuous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom