JB not calm, team not calm | Syracusefan.com

JB not calm, team not calm

Cuse4

Scout Team
From the tip, JB did not look like his usual self on the sidelines...almost as if he sensed the loss coming...much more yelling at players than there has been all year...when we've gone down early in previous games he's been relaxed, today just red in the face screaming every second... and as a coach, the worst thing you can do is show a sense of panic...the kids are used to how he usually acts and when he's going nuts on the sidelines it affects them...I mean I know Kris was awful, but man Jim got on him a number of times using more choice language than I've ever seen.

Maybe Kris should start listening. I'd yank his butt off the floor everytime he goes into his dribbling routine. He should have figured that out by now. He did nothing tonight to make his teammates better. Did he get any rebounds tonight?

not just the getting on Kris... from the first ND basket JB seemed rattled

He was setting them up for the rest of the season. They simply played like crap with the largest pile with Kris. As a senior he should know what to do on the court more then anyone of them. He didn't do that yesterday. But it is over and time to move on. They will be ok going forward.

They had a care free "style" for this season and yesterday JB make it very clear that the style was alright if they were up by twenty not down by 15 that is my take. They got out shot, hustled and rebounded. They just dropped their head and jogged back. Unsat in his book.

Melo doesn't come back they are now prone to match up problems. Before they created match up problems for everyone else now they have a few of their own to deal with.

From the tip, JB did not look like his usual self on the sidelines...almost as if he sensed the loss coming...

His face turns an awful shade of purple. Check it out on some of the first-half close-ups. There's a direct correlation between his face and the outcome of the game - it means we've gotten ourselves into a bad pickle and he doesn't think we're going to come back. First time I remember it was against Florida State in 1997. I bet we're .333 or worse in games where Boeheim dons that expression.

From the tip, JB did not look like his usual self on the sidelines...almost as if he sensed the loss coming...much more yelling at players than there has been all year...when we've gone down early in previous games he's been relaxed, today just red in the face screaming every second... and as a coach, the worst thing you can do is show a sense of panic...the kids are used to how he usually acts and when he's going nuts on the sidelines it affects them...I mean I know Kris was awful, but man Jim got on him a number of times using more choice language than I've ever seen.
And if we had rebounded better, shot better, scored more in transition, gotten a few calls and come back to win, would people be praising JB for lighting a fire under their asses? Just asking.

And if we had rebounded better, shot better, scored more in transition, gotten a few calls and come back to win, would people be praising JB for lighting a fire under their asses? Just asking.
um ya but we didn't...

They even said during the telecast that he was fired up before the game.

Perfect trap game after the Fab news. He knew it. Brey knew it. ND knew it. The fans knew it. Those players apparently didn't know it.

I would've lost my a few times, too.

Kris's shot is the only thing that's improved over the years

My fear is JB's uncharacteristic emotion before the game and complete 180 during the game relative to season to this point to accost players (even if deserved) is a sign he knows what is coming Tuesday. Was almost like he viewed the game as the first game of the season for this team, a team without Fab, so he was re-setting expectation levels and re-defining roles for certain players.

My fear is JB's uncharacteristic emotion before the game and complete 180 during the game relative to season to this point to accost players (even if deserved) is a sign he knows what is coming Tuesday. Was almost like he viewed the game as the first game of the season for this team, a team without Fab, so he was re-setting expectation levels and re-defining roles for certain players.

Unfortunately i agree

great point man

I think he was simply sick and tired of KJo making the same mistakes he has made all season. He just probably had a shorter fuse because of the Fab situation. Most of the team played a step slow or like they needed sleep. Or maybe they were asleep?

And its not just the obvious mistakes with KJo... its the fact that he gets caught napping on defense constantly as well. It has to drive JB insane. He is just not a quick twitch athlete. He seems to need an extra second to react to things...and at this level, that extra second can kill you.

But, but yelling is good for the team! Haven't you read the football board?! Marrone has no fire, so the team loses!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom