JB on CNN tonight at 9 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB on CNN tonight at 9

JB is the kind of personality that goes on national show and the masses say ‘why the heck did Cuse let him go he’s great’ but you see him at a local restaurant and he does everything in his power to ignore his local fans and is basically a grumpy old man.

So who does he think is going to win the tournament? Who? WHO?

It kinda felt like they sold him on a different type of interview.

2059727F-EAB5-4E03-848F-81BF91671A52.jpeg

When did CNN hire Axeman?

Great last question/answer about what he’s going to do with his foundation now that he’s retired and he talked about modeling what Dave Bing is doing in Detroit and helping at risk kids.

Being interviewed by Chris Wallace, known as a very tough interviewer, sure sets a more serious tone, and attitude than being interviewed about sports by most other people we’re used to seeing interview JB.

If we’re basing our assessment of public perception on comment sections, let alone Yahoo comment sections, we’re lost.
OK, but the point is he is not exactly a beloved figure outside of Syracuse, his sense of humor doesn't travel well.

Can't be a star if someone on the Internet writes something negative
That was in response to posters claiming he will become a star on tv, etc. The guy is not revered outside of Syracuse, and I can't see him doing the folksy BS act that will endear him to many viewers, but hey, I could be completely wrong.

I think his intent was to throw some grenades about NIL, boosters, "buying" players, and the Power 5 taking over the NCAA Tournament, but he did it in a soft shoe, toned down, low-key way so as to not garner any headlines. It was not very different in substance than his interview with Pete Thamel in the corridor after the B.C. game in Boston. He just said it in a nonaccusatory way.

That was in response to posters claiming he will become a star on tv, etc. The guy is not revered outside of Syracuse, and I can't see him doing the folksy BS act that will endear him to many viewers, but hey, I could be completely wrong.
I think you probably are wrong. He usually comes across very well nationally in interviews. It's the post-game pressers where he comes off poorly and those aren't seen by most people across the country. He doesn't need to be "revered" to be a popular guest on talk tv, he just needs to communicate well and be knowledgeable on the subject matter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom