JB on McC | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

JB on McC

what should he tell McC...you're doing great and you should go skip the next year and go to the NBA??? Chris has potential but he needs several more years at the college level...plus at lest 50 LBS and strengthening.

It seems like I'm in the minority here, but to me, it doesn't look like he needs to gain much more weight. He seems like he's got a solid build and can rough it up with the rest of the ACC big boys. The problem is he's just soft.

This all stems from the lottery comment. JB feels a need to remind everyone after every game that he was right and CMac is not close to a lottery pick right now. If that article never comes out, this doesn't happen.

It seems like I'm in the minority here, but to me, it doesn't look like he needs to gain much more weight. He seems like he's got a solid build and can rough it up with the rest of the ACC big boys. The problem is he's just soft.
Disagree. He gets pushed around and I don't think it's because he's soft.

CuseHulk said:
Thank you Coach. How many wins do you have ?

I know more about basketball than you, I've played more basketball than you, I've watched more basketball than you. Anytime you want to play let me know and maybe you'll shut up with your pathetic responses.

This all stems from the lottery comment. JB feels a need to remind everyone after every game that he was right and CMac is not close to a lottery pick right now. If that article never comes out, this doesn't happen.

I blame Chad Forde. Don't do NBA Draft write-ups in November.

cuseguy said:
I'm not sure JB cares what we think at this point in his career.

I don't think he ever has, which makes it interesting to talk about.

jekelish said:
I never realized that Jeffrey Ross was our basketball coach.

He has to do something the other 51 weeks each year.

jdubs30 said:

This is 100% it.

who cares what JB says in the media. it is mostly meant to be funny anyway. basketball players get that. all that matters is what his relationship is like with chris on a day to day basis. some of you act like the only time JB communicates with players is through the media. sometimes a kid needs to get pushed to get better. he played him a lot tonight. the kid oozes talent but is not a good basketball player right now, and he needs to know that he has to get better.

Boeheim: We can't get Chris McCullough to play bad. It'd be a step up from where he is

Unbelievable JB continually talks negatively about players. There are people on this board who don't like talking bad about college players, but here is our HOF HC who continues to publically embarrass an 18 year old kid.

All kids don't respond the same way to this harsh treatment. Maybe try another approach? Then again when has he tried that? I've had 2 issues with JB. His refusal to use a bench, and the way he treats his players. Just look at what he did to Rak for 3 years. He needs to give it a rest.

Chris brought a lot of this on himself by proclaiming himself NBA ready before he played a college game. And JB fueled the fire, when he first recruited Chris, by calling him our best recruit since Melo. When Chris was pushed around and fouled out in an all-star game last April, it was clear he was going to take time to develop.

Unbelievable JB continually talks negatively about players. There are people on this board who don't like talking bad about college players, but here is our HOF HC who continues to publically embarrass an 18 year old kid.

All kids don't respond the same way to this harsh treatment. Maybe try another approach? Then again when has he tried that? I've had 2 issues with JB. His refusal to use a bench, and the way he treats his players. Just look at what he did to Rak for 3 years. He needs to give it a rest.

Jb is a smart guy, he wouldn't have made a comment if he didn't think the kid could handle it..

I thought nothing could top Boeheim screaming at Roberson for dunking in Cooney's blown layup.

Wrong again.

Coach B Criticism is tame compared to coaches in the NBA like Stan Van Gundy or Gregg Povovich for example that he could end up playing for.

What the hell are you talking about? There is 1 coach who can get on his players like that ans get away with it, and it's Pop. SVG tries, but the players tune him out. The rest treat the men like professionals.

It happens anyways.

CMac was convinced that he was a lock for the lottery long before the article came out. He's just marking time until the draft.

I don't think he's ready, and half the board doesn't think he's ready, and JB doesn't think he's ready ...

but CMac thinks he knows better.

Oh, he'll get drafted (because the NBA is all about potential), but he's in for a rude awakening next season.

The D League is filled with kids who have potential.

JBs trying to keep the kid out of the draft. Not sure how effective these quotes are however.

Jb also has a philosophy that many of these kids today need to be torn down psychologically and then rebuilt because of all the coddling they get growing up.

Not all kids can handle it, he almost broke Dnic's desire to play. Other kids have buckled, but many if them are toughened up for big games later on.

He KILLED Dion his freshman year...just killed him. Dion even admits he needed it.

I just don't see why all of this can't be done outside of the press conference...which makes me think the Chad Forde's of the world are the primary target.

JB's comments would be construed a consistent player bashing and would likely get him banned on this board by one moderator.

JB can give Chris all the crap he wants in practice, in the locker room, on the bench. In the pressers, of course he can say Chris played poorly when it is obvious. But his comments go beyond that and seem to be uncalled for.

I say "seem to" be because I'll leave open the slim possibility that Chris gets more motivation by public ridicule than private.

Jake said:
JBs trying to keep the kid out of the draft. Not sure how effective these quotes are however. Jb also has a philosophy that many of these kids today need to be torn down psychologically and then rebuilt because of all the coddling they get growing up. Not all kids can handle it, he almost broke Dnic's desire to play. Other kids have buckled, but many if them are toughened up for big games later on. He KILLED Dion his freshman year...just killed him. Dion even admits he needed it. I just don't see why all of this can't be done outside of the press conference...which makes me think the Chad Forde's of the world are the primary target.

I know I don't have the inside track you do but from the outside looking in that's exactly what it looks like.

Some guys are mentally equipped to handle it and use it to motivate, but it can absolutely wreck somebody as well.

Ah. Lost in all this. We won the game (2-0) to start conference play with both being road wins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom