JB on McC | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

JB on McC

"Hey, you, guy! Quit your job because it upset my main boy Boeheim."

Cover the start of the NBA season. Or go out and start scouting NBA draft prospects. Least wait till March, hell start of conference play.

Put out and NBA mock draft in November (Syracuse I believe, had only played 3 or 4 games)

Eagles20 said:
Will be 20 in a month

18-20. Whatever, it goes to a point where it's just "too far".

Czar said:
"Hey, you, guy! Quit your job because it upset my main boy Boeheim."

While you're at it, get the scouts out of the dome too.

I think Xtreme has it right when he said McC is sure he's ready for the NBA. JB is trying to tell him he isn't and maybe McC is skating more than trying to get better. That would explain the excessive wrath he's giving out.

Some are reacting here like it's their first JB presser.

He's been like this for years.

Oh please. I don't see anyone acting like that. This is getting ridiculous. It's petty. And the funniest part is that Boeheim played into this with all the talk about "Best since Melo" before the kid even got here. And after it looked true he throws a ****ing hissy fit over Forde doing his god damn job and has taken it out on Chris every single week.

Chris seems like a kid that needs consistent positive reinforcement to maintain confidence, clearly Boeheim disagrees and to be honest its getting tiresome
Some kids need a kick in the butt, others need a pat on the back. It seems curious that C Mc went in the tank after JB started ripping him from the whole Forde's lottery pick thing. May have killed the kid's confidence. Not everyone can take the criticism. Roberson is the same way.

CuseHulk said:
Cover the start of the NBA season. Or go out and start scouting NBA draft prospects. Least wait till March, hell start of conference play. Put out and NBA mock draft in November (Syracuse I believe, had only played 3 or 4 games)

Okafor and Mudiay have been on the top 5 of the board for their respective class for 2 years now.

Pretty sure Wiggins, Randall, Parker, Gordon and Exum were pretty much top 10 locks or close to that for a couple of years before their draft.

People read that stuff, people have interest in that stuff, people gain knowledge about prospects with that stuff. It's not going to stop nor it shouldn't.

Cover the start of the NBA season. Or go out and start scouting NBA draft prospects. Least wait till March, hell start of conference play.

Put out and NBA mock draft in November (Syracuse I believe, had only played 3 or 4 games)

IT'S HIS JOB! ESPN PAYS HIM THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS TO DO THIS! NBA FANS WANT TO SEE MOCK DRAFTS!

You think Florida State fans are crying over Jameis Winston leaving at the first chance? No, they aren't. And for the last time, Chad Forde is not a freaking scout. He is not an NBA beat writer.

would love one day to see jay bilas put a mic in mccullough's face after a 20 pt game and hear him say " i felt good out there today even though my coach is a clueless dinosaur"
He would have to get 20 first to do that tho

Sounds like he's trying to break the cockiness, and build his confidence from the ground up. Boeheim must've really seen something he didn't like with McCullough's attitude. Trying to humble the crap out of him.

Madbiker said:
Some kids need a kick in the butt, others need a pat on the back. It seems curious that C Mc went in the tank after JB started ripping him from the whole Forde's lottery pick thing. May have killed the kid's confidence. Not everyone can take the criticism. Roberson is the same way.

Chris has had his ass kissed all the way to Syracuse.

JB knows what he's doing.

OrangeXtreme said:
Maybe JB should bring the kid milk and cookies and read him a bedtime story after he puts up a 3 & 4 stat line against FSU on Sunday.

Don't think anybody has said that. But I think there is middle ground between milk and cookies and constantly trashing the kid after every game publicly.

Guys, McCullough's head was bigger than the Dome when he came here. He needed to be deflated a bit. But he'll be fine.
So what if his ego was huge, most high calibre athletes are like that. I'm fine with Boeheim ripping him in private constantly, and even at a press conference, but after awhile it gets embarrassing for the player and the program. As jake said JB ripped Dion a lot his freshman year but to me Dions personality and Cmac's seem to be polar opposites so who knows if it will work as well for Chris. More likely then not JB keeps bringing this up because of his crusade against mock drafts/the media and not with Chris' best interest in mind, which is the disturbing part.

eman77ster said:
Sounds like he's trying to break the cockiness, and build his confidence from the ground up. Boeheim must've really seen something he didn't like with McCullough's attitude. Trying to humble the crap out of him.

Seems to be a 2-3 year project. Hmmmmm.

Maybe JB should bring the kid milk and cookies and read him a bedtime story after he puts up a 3 & 4 stat line against FSU on Sunday.

Maybe he can leave the verbal tear downs in the Melo Center, the locker room, the sideline, and every other private arena he has, and not insult and belittle the kid who six months ago was being talked up as Jim's crown jewel. Instead, he's become a casualty in a public dick measuring contest with NBA pundits. Rather than making a sly, jokey remark and say "Looks like Chris was closer to my evaluation than those NBA scouts" it becomes constant tear downs of Chris, personally. I find it funny that since the Forde sniping back in November, Boeheim hasn't said his name since but instead uses Chris as a proxy.

I think Xtreme has it right when he said McC is sure he's ready for the NBA. JB is trying to tell him he isn't and maybe McC is skating more than trying to get better. That would explain the excessive wrath he's giving out.

Face it. CMac's gone, and JB knows there's no way to stop him.

All JB can do is push CMac for the next 3 months to try to get him better prepared for the inevitable.

Otherwise, he'll get eaten up and spit out next season.

Well it hasn't worked for over a month.

The kid is out of position, gives up rebounds to lesser talent, does not go strong to the basket. The only way this team reaches any post season is if he starts playing like JB thinks he is capable of. He is still looking for the NBA but his play will not get him there, potential only goes so far, he begins to exhibit questionable potential because he has not shown any improvement.
If JB just told him you are doing great, how would that help him get any better? JB is trying to get him going, and knows the kid better than any on this board. You all have short memories, he rode Seikaly mercilessly, but in the end made him into a star NBA player, which he never would have become without that pressure.

SUbear said:
This kid does not need confidence boosting, he has an ego as big as a house. Unfortunately his play is not up to what he thinks of himself.

Have heard the same. I know some people who work closely with the players outside of practice...the stories of him telling anyone and everyone that he is one and done are many.

Have to wonder how hard he practices.

Chris has had his ass kissed all the way to Syracuse.

JB knows what he's doing.

JB was one of those ****ing ass kissers. This is partially why this treatment is so infuriating. Have some accountability, for the love of god. You're part of the problem Jim if this is his apparent problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom