JB on Silent G | Syracusefan.com

JB on Silent G

Ouch. He has not played well lately. Almost looks very tired or sick with the flu or something. I hope that is the explanation, at least.

SoBeCuse said:
Ouch. He has not played well lately. Almost looks very tired or sick with the flu or something. I hope that is the explanation, at least.

Many, including the staff, were raving how Mike changed his body and game during the offseason.

He does seem a little bigger and stronger, but his game? Meh.

There is no doubt in my mind, that the most consistently entertaining part of our games this season is going to be JB's post game press conference. We are in for some real special moments this year. I'm talking "he got as many rebounds as a dead guy" type game reflections.

I shutter to think how many turnovers we will have against the Louisville press if our guards don't improve against ball pressure. G and Joseph need to improve against pressure.

There is no doubt in my mind, that the most consistently entertaining part of our games this season is going to be JB's post game press conference. We are in for some real special moments this year. I'm talking "he got as many rebounds as a dead guy" type game reflections.

Agreed! His reaction to the question about BJ was priceless. I haven't seen anything like that.

I shutter to think how many turnovers we will have against the Louisville press if our guards don't improve against ball pressure. G and Joseph need to improve against pressure.
I'm not an X and O guy, but as far as breaking a press, why do you never see your biggest big sitting at half court to receive a pass and then distribute. Been years since I've seen it.

“@JeremyRyan44: Boeheim (paraphrasing): We're not asking Gbinije to run the Princeton offense here. It's not rocket science. Mike needs to play better.”
The 3 pt attempt off the side of the backboard was a thing of beauty. Tangible progress from his wedge shot between the rim and backboard last week...

I'm not an X and O guy, but as far as breaking a press, why do you never see your biggest big sitting at half court to receive a pass and then distribute. Been years since I've seen it.

You don't really want your 5 handling the ball anywhere near mid court against a good press.

As for the X&Os, the concept of the press break is fine, if not overly conservative (I think you should ALWAYS try to attack a press). It's not the O as much as it is the "Joe's." That will improve with experience. Everybody is going to press them now.

JB always has a guy, year to year, that he either throws under the bus or dumps on. This year it seems like its going to be G. Thought it'd be Roberson.

This year for JB will be what we call a target rich environment...

I mean he has every right to be upset with a number of players and their performances. But I just hate how he calls out these kids in pressers sometimes.

Trueblue25 said:
I mean he has every right to be upset with a number of players and their performances. But I just hate how he calls out these kids in pressers sometimes.

He's done it for years and he's not changing.

“@JeremyRyan44: Boeheim (paraphrasing): We're not asking Gbinije to run the Princeton offense here. It's not rocket science. Mike needs to play better.”
Coach K (brushing hands off)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom