JB's Presser after Duke (K's also) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after Duke (K's also)

He knew how to work crowds, and also was not part of the establishment, who are paid for and owned to do the bidding of the people who really run this country, not politicians. But his speaking skills over the years really helped him, and he reached out to the many "regular" folks the media ignores or s**ts on regularly. It wasnt a work of genius, but it was something other politicians ignored.

Yeah I generally agree obviously but before he even really started to attack the establishment, before the debates began.

His ability to simplify complicated issues down into 5th grade level sound bytes is what kept him in the press. It's what put him in the game, non partican voters respond to that.

Then of course he skyrocketed with the line in the first debate when he said these politicians are idiots!

Yeah I went up and down about him. He gave props to JB, Gillon and Battle - but pretty much dismissed Cuse/Duke as a rivlarly and said everyone wants to beat Duke; didn't love that.

He clearly stated that its hard to consider it a rivalry when he's such a supporter of his good friend JB and Syracuse. And the idea that EVERYONE gets stoked up to want to beat Duke... yeah that's just true. They are the Cowboys of NCAA Men's Basketball.

I can't stand Duke but Coach K is pure class.

I think that's a cynical view and a bit unfair to K. What he said about JB and Syracuse was genuine. The way I interpreted it, anyway.

We agree to disagree. I thought he came off arrogant and not humble in defeat.

If we play better there is no last shot.

We're in the tournament so we weren't really up for the game.

There is no rivalry. Everyone wants to beat us.

What an arrogant rat.
Everything he said was true. And if the players came in thinking we were a lock for the tournament, I'm pissed at them and the staff.

Coach K February 15, 2015 "It’s a great rivalry because we both have built some really neat programs and it gets center stage. We’ll handle it the right way. That’s good for the league.”

It's a "great rivalry" when Duke wins. What a sore loser.

Yeah I went up and down about him. He gave props to JB, Gillon and Battle - but pretty much dismissed Cuse/Duke as a rivlarly and said everyone wants to beat Duke; didn't love that.
He's not wrong

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom