JB's Presser after Pitt | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after Pitt

Did Gillon make a single 2 in this game? We need to get guys driving and finishing, imo itsthe basis of JBs offense

Would love to see more driving, and guys getting the other team into foul trouble(not necessarily getting to the line though).

Yikes...I hadn't read much of the recruiting board. Is FH really being blamed for Quade?

Cant we blame Boeheim for Boeheiming Tucker or something?

Not Quade but definitely someone else

Yikes...I hadn't read much of the recruiting board. Is FH really being blamed for Quade?

Cant we blame Boeheim for Boeheiming Tucker or something?
I think he got blamed for the snow storms new to Syracuse this winter. Having said that i think its unmistakable the transformation this team has undergone so far since his benching

JG had two drives/ally oops to go along with kick outs off penetration for threes. He played great.

The ESPN3 guy invoked Sherman's name on the first one(although I think I liked the 2nd one better).

JG had two drives/ally oops to go along with kick outs off penetration for threes. He played great.
I agree and never said he didnt. But asked a question

Edit, im worried in being overly reliant on the 3 ball, no biggy

tbonezone said:
1) it still hurts JB to praise roberson. say something nice and then get in a dig .
2) do you want john gillon takes 1/3 of our shots . is that a good formula.
3) what was that garbage about letting players play thru mistakes ?
Jack Hall said :Did Gillon make a single 2 in this game? We need to get guys driving and finishing, imo itsthe basis of JBs offense

They won the freakin game! Gillon was hot. If he had stopped shooting, people would have complained that he did. Plus he had at least 11 assists and that after 10 the last game.

I think he got blamed for the snow storms new to Syracuse this winter. Having said that i think its unmistakable the transformation this team has undergone so far since his benching

So instead of The Taming Of The Shrew, the turning point this season is The Benching Of The Frank?

Would love to see more driving, and guys getting the other team into foul trouble(not necessarily getting to the line though).
Imo Battle needs to figure out how to drive consistently before end of season for us to make real noise on a national level. Havnt seen the General post in awhile, but he wanted to see TB become our best player before end of season. ...and i think i knew where he was coming from...based on JBs offense...

I agree and never said he didnt. But asked a question

Edit, im worried in being overly reliant on the 3 ball, no biggy
That's a real concern, as no team shoots it well from there game after game. But this team does have four guys who can shoot it with some serious range (plus Howard can if left open), so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I do think we'll begin to see Battle take it to the rim more frequently, now that he seems to be getting his explosiveness back.

I don't have any problem with what JB said today, but he has said the opposite in the past--that teams are judged too much by their performance in the tournament...
Exactly right. He has changed the goal posts because of going to the FF 2 of the last four. By that standard, he has underachieved in his career

That's a real concern, as no team shoots it well from there game after game. But this team does have four guys who can shoot it with some serious range (plus Howard can if left open), so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I do think we'll begin to see Battle take it to the rim more frequently, now that he seems to be getting his explosiveness back.

Or throw it to Lydon in the post.

Did Gillon make a single 2 in this game? We need to get guys driving and finishing, imo itsthe basis of JBs offense

Id say, do what you're good at. Gillon driving and trying to finish usually has not worked out this year. He's too small. Today he drove and dished plenty of times. Those alley oops were things of beauty.

Agree that we need someone to get to the rack and finish...hard to see that being Gillon though. Battle is the guy who would seem to be capable of developing into that type of player, based on his size, athleticism, and potential skillset.

I'm sure after 20+ years of calling games for some of the most popular sporting events in America, Tim Brando appreciates being referred to as "the ESPN3 guy."

I grew up without cable. As an adult I chose not to have it, so yeah. I dont know know their voices enough to tell him from the other guy(I suppose youre going to tell me he's someone famous too? lol). "They all (sound) the same to me". I honestly didn't mean to offend you if he's one of your favorites. Is he related to Marlon?

Id say, do what you're good at. Gillon driving and trying to finish usually has not worked out this year. He's too small. Today he drove and dished plenty of times. Those alley oops were things of beauty.

Unfortunately that is now on tape and other teams will start to back off on help defense and force Gillon to finish where he hasn't excelled. I remember MCW going through a similar stretch.

I grew up without cable. As an adult I chose not to have it, so yeah. I dont know know their voices enough to tell him from the other guy(I suppose youre going to tell me he's someone famous too? lol). "They all (sound) the same to me". I honestly didn't mean to offend you if he's one of your favorites. Is he related to Marlon?
Not offended at all, I don't even particularly like Brando. Just found it humorous.

Bud quoting his original point, which I hadn't read before: "Boeheim was responding (and with some oomph) to an unpleasant Friday offering — that would be mine — which pointed out that the Orange's middling 53-39 record since February of 2014 had represented a dip, maybe a telltale one, when compared to the glorious 155-28 run that had preceded it".

Watching him and Boeheim go at it does remind me of some of you going at it, possibly with CuseHulk or something. It's entertaining, and not as uncomfortable as watching Boeheim go at it with Andy Katz over the Bernie Fine thing.

The best summary, today, in my opinion was, "I'm not up here to compliment you, you're not down there to...write compliments about me". Being it was a win, Boeheim was pretty playful and smiling about it. I'm not sure how the exchange would have went if today's outcome had been different. It may have been more entertaining, but I'm glad we missed out on it.

Last edited:
Exactly right. He has changed the goal posts because of going to the FF 2 of the last four. By that standard, he has underachieved in his career
I don't agree. In the past he has said you are judged on final 4's and championships and it's not fair but that is how it is. He has never said good regular seasons matter even if you don't do well in the tourney. At least not that I'm aware of.

Did JB really say we would have made the tournament two years ago? Not so sure about that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom