JB's Presser after Pitt | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after Pitt

Did JB really say we would have made the tournament two years ago? Not so sure about that.

I think he was saying that we would have won a couple more if we hadn't self imposed the penalty which would have resulted in us making the tourney. (Plus would have had potential for more wins if were allowed in ACC tourney)

Id say, do what you're good at.

To that notion, my son was at SU soccer camp today. During the video segment, the coach said what they look for is if you can do something better than other people. They don't look so much at deficiencies, because they can pair you with a complementary player.

Good lord that was amazing.

Today gave me hope and cemented a dome pilgrimage.

Sorry jim, the 2009-2010 and 2011-2012 teams would smack the teams we've rolled out the last 4 years.

Can't argue the final fours though.

I put it this way- what's more likely to happen, the team that loses 3 games goes to the f4 or the team that loses 12?

Sorry jim, the 2009-2010 and 2011-2012 teams would smack the teams we've rolled out the last 4 years.

I put it this way- what's more likely to happen, the team that loses 3 games goes to the f4 or the team that loses 12?
That isn't what he is saying. He is saying if you go to a final four, you have had a great year. I agree with that. We have only had 6 in our history. In '75, sadly I was around for that, we sucked for most of the year. Got rolled by some average teams. I wouldn't trade that season for 77-80, I will tell you that.

He actually called last season's team the 2nd best of all time!

First of all that's not what he said. He said it was the fifth best season

Secondly, why don't you listen to it yourself?

Did you actually listen to the PC and then you came up with your "sorry jim" nonsense?

That isn't what he is saying. He is saying if you go to a final four, you have had a great year. I agree with that. We have only had 6 in our history. In '75, sadly I was around for that, we sucked for most of the year. Got rolled by some average teams. I wouldn't trade that season for 77-80, I will tell you that.

Fair enough. Completely disagree when he says last year was one of the best 5 years he's had.

2011-2012 regular season plus elite 8 was incredible. Yeah, it wasn't a final 4 (it would have been imo full roster), but personally that year was more impressive than last year's regular season plus the crazy (yes miracle) run last year.

Did you actually listen to the PC and then you came up with your "sorry jim" nonsense?

Yes I did. Watched it live. Did your erection go down btw?

You're such a bozo.

Don't get carried away. 2013 was an excellent season. We won 30, beat the National Champion on their home court, was the Big East runner up, went to the FF, and was rated in the top 10 in RPI and KenPom. Those other teams weren't rolling that team. Just Georgetown until the BET.

First of all that's not what he said. He said it was the fifth best season

Secondly, why don't you listen to it yourself?

I did. Sheesh, I didn't mean to offend you. I may have not got the quote exactly, but I thought he said something along those lines. Being you are so worked up, I will listen to it again.

Last edited:
Don't get carried away. 2013 was an excellent season. We won 30, beat the National Champion on their home court, was the Big East runner up, went to the FF, and was rated in the top 10 in RPI and KenPom. Those other teams weren't rolling that team. Just Georgetown until the BET.

Defense was insane. Offense was not good. I think 11-12 wins 8 times out of 10. Then again some of the players were on both teams, so who the hell knows!

The teams you cited were really good teams. But last year's team did beat UVA. So I'm not sure you can make that argument. UVA was a really good team on paper and with the eye ball test. You are right, but, last year's team may have been our JB's best over achieving team. Of course, the team with Wallace was amazing too.

I think this year's team may potentially be the best offensive team we've had since 2003. The defense is getting better at least as indicated by the last 2 games. If they keep winning then we will be thinking differently.

Fair enough. Completely disagree when he says last year was one of the best 5 years he's had.

2011-2012 regular season plus elite 8 was incredible. Yeah, it wasn't a final 4 (it would have been imo full roster), but personally that year was more impressive than last year's regular season plus the crazy (yes miracle) run last year.

You "completely disagree" with JB's opinion that last year as one of his best seasons even though he said that it was the FF that made any season successful. And that he would opt for a 12 loss season very year and a FF instead of a 30-win season and no FF.

Now if you "completely disagree" than what would your criteria be for a successful season??

Exactly right. He has changed the goal posts because of going to the FF 2 of the last four. By that standard, he has underachieved in his career

I was say anytime we reach the Sweet 16 it's a successful year because you get a full week of press coverage. It improves the Orange brand and helps us get better recruits. I think branding and recruiting are the most important results for a season.

You "completely disagree" with JB's opinion that last year as one of his best seasons even though he said that it was the FF that made any season successful. And that he would opt for a 12 loss season very year and a FF instead of a 30-win season and no FF.

Now if you "completely disagree" than what would your criteria be for a successful season??

I've learned. I'm not replying to you. Because you're a bozo. Enjoy the night.

I did. Sheesh, I didn't mean to offend you. I may have not got the quote exactly, but I thought he said something along those lines. Being you are so worked up, I will listen to it again.

EDIT: normally only the staff is allowed to abuse me in this manner. I hope youre at least using a condom, being another user mentioned your erection.

No, you didn't get the quote not exactly right. You got it completely wrong. There's a difference.
Yes I did. Watched it live. Did your erection go down btw?

You're such a bozo.

You watched and you still got it that wrong? And I'm a bozo?

No, you didn't get the quote not exactly right. You got it completely wrong. There's a difference.

You watched and you still got it that wrong? And I'm a bozo?

On the clown scale, you're in the 99th percentile of syracusefan.com

I don't talk smack about winning games because every time I do we lose. In the same line of thinking, I never criticize anyone posting here as being bozo or a clown because as soon as I do I always end up making a post that makes me look like a bigger bozo.

I didn't say I agreed with him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom