Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
We aren't the laughing stock of college basketball. That is ridiculous. But this is a danger zone for us right now.
We are pretty darn close. Other than G Town, who has taken a plunge like this?

I will say this is how NIL should be but it’s going to take them literally years to get to $250K in that collective. It’s easier just to have the booster pay directly

Okay, let’s talk about other relevant schools:

Marquette, Xavier, saint marys, TCU, Creighton, Iowa state, West Virginia

Why are they immune?

What have any of those schools won the last 2 decades? Marquette had a good run this yewr but they've been after thought since Buzz left.

Okay, you clearly just aren’t getting this whatever reason.

As for the laughing stock of college basketball, I’m pretty sure the school with a Coach who punched someone during a game is probably ranked a bit higher on the laughing stock scale then one who center is rumored to be entering the transfer portal.
Really? I’d take Michigan’s team the last 5yrs and the next 5 over ours.

What point are you trying to make besides taking the contrarian point of view on literally everything anyone posts in this thread?
I’m trying to say that the academic part of academic institution should mean something. The school (and their sports) are there to benefit the students and Kent SHOULD be working to improve the school and that’s done by doing the things top tier institutions do.

What have any of those schools won the last 2 decades? Marquette had a good run this yewr but they've been after thought since Buzz left.
Probably reasonable to look forward to the next 2-3 years instead of saying “what did they do 20 years ago?”

We aren't the laughing stock of college basketball. That is ridiculous. But this is a danger zone for us right now.

What's perplexing is the commitment to facilities and dome improvements... getting all that money raised and donated ... only to possibly fail to elevate the programs to the level to same level as those facilities. Obviously what ifs in here but doesn't give a warm fuzzy on having a proper vision and long term strategy

They’ve been excelling or are excelling in the present NIL world. It doesn’t matter what they did in the late 2000s

Having a collective with $12k in total vs getting 6 figures from one booster are two completely different worlds

Huh?

One thing I will say, Mike Waters hasn't reported anything has he? I know he was away for awhile but I imagine he is back. Donna hasn't reported anything that I know of? Devo said Jesse was coming back, has he said he was wrong? So far, we have one source. Not saying he is wrong. But no one else has reported this as of yet.

Well this 4.0 student that was accepted into two Ivy schools back in 02 and chose SU begs to differ. You are on a roll tonight
Homer Simpson Cartoon GIF

I’m trying to say that the academic part of academic institution should mean something. The school (and their sports) are there to benefit the students and Kent SHOULD be working to improve the school and that’s done by doing the things top tier institutions do.
Yeah, I’m sure that’s it for everyone else’s opinion as well.

Well this 4.0 student that was accepted into two Ivy schools back in 02 and chose SU begs to differ. You are on a roll tonight
I’m not sure why you think your humble brag is a good point. You think good students don’t go to middle tier schools? Syracuse’s average accepted GPA is 3.48, a B+, meaning 50% accepted below, 50% accepted above. The definition of B students safety school with a 40%+ acceptance rate.

One thing I will say, Mike Waters hasn't reported anything has he? I know he was away for awhile but I imagine he is back. Donna hasn't reported anything that I know of? Devo said Jesse was coming back has he said he was wrong? So far, we have one source. Not saying he is wrong. But no one else has reported this as of yet.
Didn't Devo also say JG3 was offered $400,000? That said, until Jesse confirms I will wait to get frustrated. He needs to commit to something soon.

I’m not sure why you think your humble brag is a good point. You think good students don’t go to middle tier schools? Syracuse’s average accepted GPA is 3.48, a B+, meaning 50% accepted below, 50% accepted above.

You do realize that specific schools like Whitman and Newhouse rank far higher than middle tier do you not? Nice lazy Google.

The point you think you're making... you aren't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom