Jordan Tucker Derail Thread | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Jordan Tucker Derail Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Thornton still transferred.

You never answered my question either.

Is Tucker playing over Grayson Allen or Gary Trent? No.

K plays 6-7 guys just like Boeheim. You negatively coach against that and his stacked roster.

Don't doubt that's the angle you use to recruit him. But isn't it a little concerning to use that angle when we're recruiting this guy to be a key piece of our puzzle to try to compete against Duke?

Bottom line: if Duke offers, we'd probably be in big trouble with Tucker, regardless of what decision he's made between SU and GT.

Don't doubt that's the angle you use to recruit him. But isn't it a little concerning to use that angle when we're recruiting this guy to be a key piece of our puzzle to try to compete against Duke?

No doubt, but I think every school should use K's short rotation and preference of playing veterans against him in recruiting.

And Thornton still transferred.

You never answered my question either.

Is Tucker playing over Grayson Allen or Gary Trent? No.

K plays 6-7 guys just like Boeheim. You negatively coach against that and his stacked roster.

Well, he may not play a lot his freshmen year. If thats what you meant, then I guess I get your point a little bit. Although, one would argue its not a stupid decision just because you dont get a lot of time in year 1.

Well, he may not play a lot his freshmen year. If thats what you meant, then I guess I get your point a little bit. Although, one would argue its not a stupid decision just because you dont get a lot of time in year 1.

I hear you, but in Boldens case it dramatically hurt his draft stock.

If you're Tucker you have a better chance at being a one and done at Syracuse than you do Duke.

I hear you, but in Boldens case it dramatically hurt his draft stock.

If you're Tucker you have a better chance at being a one and done at Syracuse than you do Duke.

I could see this argument but if youre good enough to be one and done, you get pt anywhere you go, so that undermines your original point somewhat.

What names are out there now that are at the level of Gillon or White? They seem to be at higher level than this years crop.

TBH So frustrated by the Gillon and White posts. They fit our system like a square peg in a round hole. I just don't think 2017 is our year.

Our three point shooting at the moment for next year
IMG_6368.GIF

Things are getting real hairy in the offish thread

Although the fat lady has not sung it is evident that Syracuse no longer has a recruiting advantage: 1) The Carrier Dome is no longer a ticket to player exposure. 2) Being a Big East kingpin lacks any relevancy. 3) Players wanting a Newhouse degree is irrelevant to short timers. If we want to resurrect recruiting we need to invest heavily in a range of facilities. The Melo Center was needed and the Dome was a major gamble. Time to be bold again; we need an over-the-top residential facility. Anyone have a better idea? Now that we are an afterthought for recruits, we need to make ourselves as attractive as possible.

What names are out there now that are at the level of Gillon or White? They seem to be at higher level than this years crop.
You never heard of Gillon 5 minutes before he committed. I know of a guard that is visiting that is a better player than Gillon. his name has been on the board. At the 3 position, I don't know. But at this point last year, I didn't know white would be on the market.

Although the fat lady has not sung it is evident that Syracuse no longer has a recruiting advantage: 1) The Carrier Dome is no longer a ticket to player exposure. 2) Being a Big East kingpin lacks any relevancy. 3) Players wanting a Newhouse degree is irrelevant to short timers. If we want to resurrect recruiting we need to invest heavily in a range of facilities. The Melo Center was needed and the Dome was a major gamble. Time to be bold again; we need an over-the-top residential facility. Anyone have a better idea? Now that we are an afterthought for recruits, we need to make ourselves as attractive as possible.
Here's an idea...stop recruiting against Duke and UK. We pull our fair share against all others

All of those are still huge advantages, did you see the dome for the Duke game this year? We need to stop being lazy and go out and aggressively recruit these kids like the big boys do, and I love Gmac, he is an all time favorite of mine, but Im not sure his personality is good enough to recruit these kids.

It's not about our program. It's about the names Kentucky and Duke. We never have out recruited them. Let's be real.

There is no reason we can't get the same kids, we have a ton to offer.

I'll argue against point #1. We have as much NBA/player exposure as anyone in the country with exception to UK/UNC/Duke/Kansas and maybe UCLA.

Andrew White didn't come to Cuse because he loved DBBQ and the campus.

There is no reason we can't get the same kids, we have a ton to offer.
That isn't close to the truth and it never has been. As much as it hurts to say. We have never, ever, been on the level of Kentucky. Really, no one else has been either. Duke is close. and they have 5 national titles. A better school. Better weather. A better coach. What exactly do we have as good as either Kentucky or Duke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom