Class of 2015 - JUCO OLB Ted Taylor (KS) Signed LOI | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 JUCO OLB Ted Taylor (KS) Signed LOI

SS/OLB hybrid we missed out on this class. Looks pretty raw -- doesn't use his hands the very well and doesn't look 100% comfortable playing out of a tradition LB position. That being said, he moves really well and is certainly athletic and explosive enough to play at this level. I can see why they took a a shot at him this late in the cycle.

he doesn't always wrap-up either, looking, at times, for a kill shot rather than a good, form tackle.

A 2nd team all Jayhawk conference JUCO linebacker. I'm wondering where the 1st team guys are going and why we aren't on them.

I'm not going to get into the names and stuff or great detail but I believe a couple of the linebackers have a short window to straighten out some off field stuff or shy Troy and this guy may shock you into who will be on the field come September.

If that's accurate, that is not good.

I'm not going to get into the names and stuff or great detail but I believe a couple of the linebackers have a short window to straighten out some off field stuff or shy Troy and this guy may shock you into who will be on the field come September.
Hopefully this doesn't involve the underclassmen we have such high hopes for.

Regardless, do we have any other offers out for our last spot? Or is this the gu we want to fill that slot? If he's going to be the guy, when can we expect him to make a decision on if he wants SU or not?

A 2nd team all Jayhawk conference JUCO linebacker. I'm wondering where the 1st team guys are going and why we aren't on them.

Here's the complete All-Conference squad.

the three 1st teamers

ST Claude George Hutchinson 44 6'3 222 SO- Texas A&M commit
1ST Travis Steenson Butler 33 6'3 200 SO- Not committed (seems to have little to no interest from other schools)
1ST Ricky Parks Coffeyville 89 6'4 270 SO- Committed to Southern Miss (was originally committed to Auburn in 2011 as a TE)

Btw, the other two 2nd teamers are going to Georgia St and not sure/can't find.

Last edited:
Did some research on Mr. Taylor. Looks like he committed to Alcorn St. as a senior, not sure why he ended up at JUCO. Same year at Dwyer as Malik Brown and played on the DLine with him. 3 to play 2 guy, so could technically redshirt if there's an advantage to that.

First team Class 7A All Palm Beach County as a Junior

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/20...1_elie-turene-deontrey-burney-alex-santacroce

Oddly enough, only made Second Team Class 7A as a senior

http://media.trb.com/media/acrobat/2012-12/73809377-24122000.pdf

Both years were at Defensive Line.

This article says he played DE as a senior.

https://flavarsity./content.asp?CID=1365903

ESPN Palm Beach rated him #46 on their list of top 76 recruits his senior year. You'll see some familiar names on this list. Listed as a DT.

http://www.espnwestpalm.com/page.php?page_id=166

Looks like he competed in Triple Jump, High Jump, Long Jump and Shot Put in Track and Field while in High School. And played basketball, so definitely a good athlete. To compete in both jumping and strength events is always a good sign. If he does run a legit 4.5 40, at a minimum we have a freakish athlete.

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 8m8 minutes ago
Just spoke with Syracuse LB offeree Ted Taylor. Said he wants to visit before making a decision. Planning a trip during spring practice.

Yeah, there's no way he's THAT small. Dude is absolutely chiseled. He's got to be at least 215.
I love Thomas. Think he'll be a real player here. Hope he's been toeing the line and keeping his grades in check. Kid has all the physical tools and may be a little short, but other than that, the kid has some unreal athleticism.

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 2m2 minutes ago
Interesting that Taylor has only played one season at linebacker. Syracuse is recruiting him for the SAM position.

Taylor looks like an SU linebacker. Pursues well and hits a ton. Honestly looks like Dyshawn Davis part 2.

Replace DD with TT?

Last edited:
@SyracuseOnScout
Taylor texted he say he was unaware of the Kansas offer. His coach just informed him he had one

Very strange, if true.
Unfortunately it could very well be true. For whatever reason some high school coaches hold offers from kids. I know this to be true for a fact with basketball. I would imagine it's the same with football.

Unfortunately it could very well be true. For whatever reason some high school coaches hold offers from kids. I know this to be true for a fact with basketball. I would imagine it's the same with football.
It's a Juco coach though and has no other offers! The guys job is to get him into a 4 year school.

It's a Juco coach though and has no other offers! The guys job is to get him into a 4 year school.
Good point. Maybe he didn't think Kansas was serious. Very weird.

This is one recruiting battle I really hope we lose. imo this is a waste of a scholarship.