Judah Mintz returning? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz returning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he is considering coming back but still want to test the water for NBA, and who cam blame him for doing so, it could make things complicated while he goes through the combine, meanwhile there may be a portal guard ready to go with a "I will come if I am starting" demand then it gets complicated. Kind of like how it went down with Quincy.
If there is a really good guard who wants to come here while Mintz decides, you take the transfer. Mintz can play alongside a true point as well as he can play alongside a shooting guard.

Girard and Mintz were really a pair of combo guards anyway.

If there is a really good guard who wants to come here while Mintz decides, you take the transfer. Mintz can play alongside a true point as well as he can play alongside a shooting guard.

Dunno, but if AA can lock down Mintz for a return year early in the portal window, it would be a helluva French onion dip statement.

He is the type of player other portal-gets will want to come play with... But we may have to wait a while if he wants to litmus test the NBA waters.

Dunno, but if AA can lock down Mintz for a return year early in the portal window, it would be a helluva French onion dip statement.

He is the type of player other portal-gets will want to come play with...
Of course, there are huge benefits for the program if Mintz comes out tomorrow and says he's staying... I was talking about the scenario where he tests the draft and we don't know for sure if he's staying until the summer.

Of course, there are huge benefits for the program if Mintz comes out tomorrow and says he's staying... I was talking about the scenario where he tests the draft and we don't know for sure if he's staying until the summer.

Agreed. Funny, I was just editing my post with same afterthought...

This isn't because I want him back (I do of course) but he could exponentially improve his draft position thus his $$$$ staying one more year. His game translates really well to the NBA but I still see him as a project right now. He's not nearly as refined as 'Melo was, I realize they're completely different players but 'Melo played with a poise and maturity rarely seen in freshman IMO. Mintz is getting there but he still has areas that will be heavily exploited in the NBA and areas he could improve on next year playing at 'Cuse. Going to the big time to be dropped into the G league doesn't guarantee you'll improve. Just as many players get lost in it all, that won't happen if he stays in college. I think staying in college helps his trajectory more.

Also, I'm a nobody so what the hell do I know.

If he and the rest of the team returns, then we could see a nice NCAAT run. That can also help his stock for next years draft.

I think Judah can play point on a good SU team. I'd think that 32-35 MPG on an improved team with the opportunity to develop M2M skills in a power conference could do a ton for his stock. If anything, my concern would be him jumping on an NIL offer from a team with a more accomplished coach needing to fill a PG hole, not so much him leaving for the pro ranks. But I also don’t know enough about the strength of our NIL collective compared to other big-name programs.

In any case, it'll be hard to sell a good transfer guard on coming here without knowing if a starting spot will be available.

Last edited:
Return stronger, better conditioning to play big minutes.
NCAA run.
1st round NBA (lottery?) pick.
Why not.

I have been under the assumption that is exactly what he will do. No downside for him whatsoever. What are we going to do, tell him "sorry, no room left?" Not bloody likely.

This isn't because I want him back (I do of course) but he could exponentially improve his draft position thus his $$$$ staying one more year. His game translates really well to the NBA but I still see him as a project right now. He's not nearly as refined as 'Melo was, I realize they're completely different players but 'Melo played with a poise and maturity rarely seen in freshman IMO. Mintz is getting there but he still has areas that will be heavily exploited in the NBA and areas he could improve on next year playing at 'Cuse. Going to the big time to be dropped into the G league doesn't guarantee you'll improve. Just as many players get lost in it all, that won't happen if he stays in college. I think staying in college helps his trajectory more.

Also, I'm a nobody so what the hell do I know.
Yeah, I think Flynn's career best models his trajectory. Including SC top 10 plays every other game his sophomore year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom