Judah Mintz returning? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz returning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously I would LOVE for Judah to come back. But if I had to choose between Judah or Jesse, I think Jesse is even more important. I'm not convinced that any of our other bigs (Hima, Carey or Patterson) are starters, but Copeland shows promise.

That said, let's hope BOTH Judah and Jesse return, and the other guys do too.

That would be a team with strong potential...and a full year of experience. I fully believe a lot of those close games that we lost this year would be wins next year, which would change things a lot. Combine the experience, increased program stablity and some new coaching schemes, and we have the potential to be a 22-24 win team and in the tournament, maybe better?

Obviously I would LOVE for Judah to come back. But if I had to choose between Judah or Jesse, I think Jesse is even more important. I'm not convinced that any of our other bigs (Hima, Carey or Patterson) are starters, but Copeland shows promise.

That said, let's hope BOTH Judah and Jesse return, and the other guys do too.

That would be a team with some potential...and a full year of experience. I fully believe we a lot of those close games that we lost this year would be wins next year, which would change things a lot. Combine the experience, increased program stablity and some new coaching schems, and we have the potential to be a 22-24 win team and in the tournament, maybe better?
I think they are both important, but I'm in the Judah is more important camp.

I think they are both important, but I'm in the Judah is more important camp.
Just curious... why do you think Judah is more important than Jesse? Do you think we can land a big in the portal? The other bigs aren't ready for starters minutes?

Just curious... why do you think Judah is more important than Jesse? Do you think we can land a big in the portal? The other bigs aren't ready for starters minutes?

I look at it as a "face of the program" type thing. A guard is always going to be able "brand" the program better in the public perception, especially if Red wants to mold us as an uptempto attacking type team now. Judah could be huge in getting us back on the map and rebranded in that way. More so than a 5 could.

I look at it as a "face of the program" type thing. A guard is always going to be able "brand" the program better in the public perception, especially if Red wants to mold us as an uptempto attacking type team now. Judah could be huge in getting us back on the map and rebranded in that way. More so than a 5 could.
Love them both but I have felt guards are most important players in college, now if you were talking Melo...

I see all of your points. I guess I kind of felt that with our challenges landing quality bigs, holding onto Jesse was more important. Maybe you all are right, and a new coach and defensive scheme will make SU more attractive to centers? We've not typically struggled getting guards to come to Syracuse. Who could we target to replace Jesse if he didn't return? Anyone in the portal yet, that could help at Center? Definitely, understand the "face of the franchise" concept with Judah though.

E51E1FA4-7A74-47E4-927F-9C7439D80E0A.gif
Yep he wrote “talk dat”. As far as I am concerned that means we have him and Judah as our backcourt next year, slam dunk

I look at it as Judah has the ball in his hands on every possesion and will take the most shots.

And if we’re trying to play man to man and uptempo, he is a much better fit for that style of ball than Jesse.

And don’t get me wrong, I really hope Jesse is back too and if he’s not we will need to portal a center.

I see all of your points. I guess I kind of felt that with our challenges landing quality bigs, holding onto Jesse was more important. Maybe you all are right, and a new coach and defensive scheme will make SU more attractive to centers? We've not typically struggled getting guards to come to Syracuse. Who could we target to replace Jesse if he didn't return? Anyone in the portal yet, that could help at Center? Definitely, understand the "face of the franchise" concept with Judah though.

I understand what you’re saying. There isn’t a lot of definite bigs if Jesse is done. But I think it’s easier to attack the portal hard and find a couple serviceable guys at a minimum. It’s harder to get a guy of Judah’s ability though and who knows how much better he can be next year.

Judah more important because he can play 30+ minutes but Jesse will probably foul out in 22 minutes playing M2M.

when they announced Maui...I assumed that meant Judah and most everyone they want back would be back

I dont think they go to that tourney if they dont expect a super strong team next season.
The Maui announcement was a week after Judah selected Cuse. It was obviously in place before that too. There is zero correlation.

Judah more important because he can play 30+ minutes but Jesse will probably foul out in 22 minutes playing M2M.
Judah is also more important because he’s simply the better player. We also have no guards for next year with only tweeters Taylor and Copeland. Having the potential ACC preseason POY return would be huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom