Judah On GTown's Portal Wishlist? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Judah On GTown's Portal Wishlist?

If he doesn't want to be here, then let him go. We need guys that are willing to do what it takes to win. And, coaches that can teach them what it takes to win.
Ugh, I'll personally be devastated. He's extremely talented and it would make me depressed if this is the future of the sport - lose a guy who started since Day 1 to our most hated rival. The fans officially care way more about the program than the players do. Sad to me.

Also, as for letting guys go who don't want to be here, who is going to want to stay put at their program when another program tampers and offers many multiples in NIL? My guess is not many.

And it's a horrible look for the program to keep losing our best and most visible guys. Last year we lost Jesse and Joe who were perceived by the nation as our best two players. If we lose, say Judah and Maliq this year, combined with the fact we have a new head coach, that would not be great.

Last edited:
Ugh, I'll personally be devastated. He's extremely talented and it would make me depressed if this is the future of the sport - lose a guy who started since Day 1 to our most hated rival. The fans officially care way more about the program than the players. Sad to me.

Also, as for letting guys go who don't want to be here, who is going to want to stay put at their program when another program tampers and offers many multiples in NIL? My guess is not many.

And it's a horrible look for the program to keep losing our best and most visible guys. Last year we lost Jesse and Joe who were perceived by the nation as our best two players. If we lose, say Judah and Maliq this year, combined with the fact we have a new head coach, that would not be great.
I think Judah has a lot of potential, but I have seen zero improvement since last year.

I think Judah has a lot of potential, but I have seen zero improvement since last year.
He obviously didn't make the step we hoped and the step he needed to make the NBA, but he's still better than nearly everyone else we have.

We're not going to return to form by losing our best players. We need to lose our worst players, hold on to our best players, and add even better players. Maybe we get a PG who makes us better than Judah could next year, but that's far far far from a guarantee.

Ugh, I'll personally be devastated. He's extremely talented and it would make me depressed if this is the future of the sport - lose a guy who started since Day 1 to our most hated rival. The fans officially care way more about the program than the players. Sad to me.

If players leave for early entry to the pros, so be it.

But if it becomes a consistent trend that we are being out bid for our own players, that might be an issue. I have no issues with guys leaving as long as the replacement is of similar level (ex: Quincy Gurrier for Cole Swider). It’s just tough when the replacements consistently become a Symir Torrance, Mounir Hima, Naheem McLeod caliber of player.

He obviously didn't make the step we hoped and the step he needed to make the NBA, but he's still better than nearly everyone else we have.

We're not going to return to form by losing our best players. We need to lose our worst players, hold on to our best players, and add even better players. Maybe we get a PG who makes us better than Judah could next year, but that's far far far from a guarantee.
2002 called. The end result is all that mattered. Don’t hyperventilate to hypotheticals. Once it happens, then react

Last edited:
:confused:
that's sad to you?
Sad AF, yes.

She Doesnt Even Go Here Mean Girls GIF by filmeditor

mean girls i just have a lot of feelings GIF

For those pointing to Trilly's comments, are those only available to his subscription content? Might need to get on that that for #PortalSZN.

I am surprised by the amount of comments that are seemingly okay with losing Judah for... basketball reasons. We've been saying for years now that our talent doesn't stack up, that we aren't talented enough to compete at the top of the ACC. Judah is the first player in years even on the NBA radar for us, he's the most talented player we've brought in since... Tyus? Oshae? Eli? I find it hard to believe we're going to be in a better position as a team without Judah than with him.

I understand it's the nature of today's CBB landscape, and I'm cautiously optimistic that Red will be bringing in as much talent as he can grab in the portal... but losing him to another program is a bigger deal than I think people want to admit. And we haven't exactly showed that we can recruit well enough yet to find a better option. This offseason is undeniably critical, and we've been starving for a full/deep roster of players that can make us an upper echelon team again... not sure it's off to the best start by losing atleast arguably our best player to another program.

For those pointing to Trilly's comments, are those only available to his subscription content? Might need to get on that that for #PortalSZN.

I am surprised by the amount of comments that are seemingly okay with losing Judah for... basketball reasons. We've been saying for years now that our talent doesn't stack up, that we aren't talented enough to compete at the top of the ACC. Judah is the first player in years even on the NBA radar for us, he's the most talented player we've brought in since... Tyus? Oshae? Eli? I find it hard to believe we're going to be in a better position as a team without Judah than with him.

I understand it's the nature of today's CBB landscape, and I'm cautiously optimistic that Red will be bringing in as much talent as he can grab in the portal... but losing him to another program is a bigger deal than I think people want to admit. And we haven't exactly showed that we can recruit well enough yet to find a better option. This offseason is undeniably critical, and we've been starving for a full/deep roster of players that can make us an upper echelon team again... not sure it's off to the best start by losing atleast arguably our best player to another program.
Yeah it’s from the insights off Trilly’s discord. He put out a list of players expected to portal and Judah was on there. I was told that the list was mostly guys looking to get a bigger bag.

If players leave for early entry to the pros, so be it.

But if it becomes a consistent trend that we are being out bid for our own players, that might be an issue. I have no issues with guys leaving as long as the replacement is of similar level (ex: Quincy Gurrier for Cole Swider). It’s just tough when the replacements consistently become a Symir Torrance, Mounir Hima, Naheem McLeod caliber of player.
This is what I'm worried about. Consistently being outbid for our own players turns us into a feeder program for contenders. Not saying that's what's happening, but I hope that's not where it's heading. There's always a bigger fish but there needs to be a way to stop it. Also not great to have blood in the water when a new HC replaces a HOFer - the Jesse saga last spring probably didn't help. And many of the things that made Syracuse a power program many decades ago are no longer relevant, so we need to find our way in this new era. Everyone's looking for their footing now, but Syracuse is just in a vulnerable state at the moment so I don't want to see things slide.

I'll say it. We reap what we sow in college basketball. He deserves to get paid the most he can in this marketplace of basketball opportunities. He needs to weigh being a local celeb of sorts in CNY vs a potentially higher payday in DC and being less well known.

I would hope he would stay and the boosters find a way to make it worthwhile. This new world will take and give. I wish him the best w his decision. How can anyone say he's doing the wrong thing if the financial component is real and that can be achieved in college now?

If true….those are the signs of someone who’s not serious about making the Association, imo.

I count 7 players drafted in the 1st round that were Jrs or older. A grand total of 0 transferred after the Soph year, only 1 did after his Frosh year (Prosper).

I am hazarding a guess that they are onto plan B, since plan A (the NBA) is no longer looking likely. Shorter - I agree with you.

Last edited:
Judah is the first player in years even on the NBA radar for us, he's the most talented player we've brought in since... Tyus? Oshae? Eli? I find it hard to believe we're going to be in a better position as a team without Judah than with him
A team needs to be better than the sum of its parts. NBA talent doesn't always win the most college basketball games. Purdue is a top-5 team and they don't have anyone on an NBA radar outside of Edey and he's likely going to be a hit or miss NBA player. Wisconsin reloads year in and out with a bunch of 6'8" farm kids who will never sniff the NBA. Illinois is a top-15 team with a handful of back-half top-100 HS prospects and no one on the NBA radar. Who does Iowa State have ticketed for the NBA?

SU has had a pretty rough last decade despite each team having a player or two who eventually had NBA time. Buddy and Cole Swider were on the only losing team of the last 45 years. I'm more concerned with coaches having smart game plans and players executing that gameplan than keeping 1 or 2 players with NBA-ish talent/athleticism happy.

Consistently being outbid for our own players turns us into a feeder program for contenders
3 things to keep in mind here:
1) We lost Jesse to West Virginia. They're the worst team in BIG.​
2) Rutgers has a top-3 recruiting class.​
3) This thread is about Judah maybe possibly going to Georgetown. Georgetown

None of those teams are "contenders".

3 things to keep in mind here:
1) We lost Jesse to West Virginia. They're the worst team in BIG.​
2) Rutgers has a top-3 recruiting class.​
3) This thread is about Judah maybe possibly going to Georgetown. Georgetown

None of those teams are "contenders".
Not sure being a feeder program for bottom dwellers would make me feel any better (again, not saying we are a feeder program). Either way we can't get into a rhythm of losing our best players to NIL bags.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom