Judah On GTown's Portal Wishlist? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Judah On GTown's Portal Wishlist?

If there was an excellent player on Georgetown that Cuse wanted and coaxed from the portal everyone would be thrilled. Consistency. Hope he stays but if he wants the bag and leaves good luck to him.
Where are our “bags”?

This NIL/Portal era of college hoops essentially puts every player on a 1-year contract, with every team operating with an unlimited salary cap. These occurrences (guys like Jesse leaving or Judah potentially heading to Gtown for a bigger bag) are basically the norm going forward. The college hoops landscape that we all knew and loved is gone, we all need to recognize and accept that fact.
I, for one, am outraged a player would look elsewhere and not be loyal to the Cuse.

Also, please join us, in the "Possible portal point guard thread", started last Sunday on SyracuseFan.com

Not knowing the current NIL landscape, just how much
is Mintz worth to the program (ie how much is SU willing
to come up with to keep him given a limited payroll
and the need to maximize that). Hard to believe that
the state of college athletics has come to this, but
for now that's the game that's being played.

So you're Red and have to put a figure on it.
What would you offer Mintz to keep him around??

Last edited:
eh he has interest in playing wherever the bag is biggest, and more power to him
That’s the thing I can hardly blame him. Big NIL is Life changing money and it’s likely more than he’ll make as a pro. Even if after taxes it’s only a few hundred grand more, he could use the surplus to have a downpayment on a house, and put a bunch in the market and he’ll have many many millions for retirement without contributing another cent. His family is smart upper middle class and they’ll know what to do with the money for him. Sucks for us and the program.

So Cooley is gonna have more money than Cuse for NIL this offseason?!? We need bigger donors.
The donors are there. Are you watching the football team? We’ll pay anc outbid any other school, maybe just not Kansas/Kentucky. The Jesse thing was a one off deal, likely also more to do with his dad than anything. Very soon after the donors got it together.

Has anyone heard of any other player leaving or not coming to Cuse because their price wasn’t met?

eh he has interest in playing wherever the bag is biggest, and more power to him
I could see a school like Arkansas signing him. Although that approach last offseason hasn’t worked out too well for Musselman so maybe they don’t go the overpaying for transfer route.

"Mintz, who is shooting 29.6% from three this season, is known as a downhill attacker who can score at the rim with ease."

Nothing easy about it

"He will surely be looking to improve his perimeter shooting ability this offseason as he looks to boost his future draft stock"

Surely this must be from last off season
I think there was an AT&T outage today.
Might have caused a time and space continuum issue. From 2022.

is Mintz worth to program (ie how much is SU willing

On3 says he’s around 100k. Reddit says closer to 200k. It’s prob in the middle somewhere. This Georgetown play gets him another 100k. Small price to pay. Especially if you consider Autry will have to pay 100k anyway to get a new PG.

The donors are there. Are you watching the football team? We’ll pay anc outbid any other school, maybe just not Kansas/Kentucky. The Jesse thing was a one off deal, likely also more to do with his dad than anything. Very soon after the donors got it together.

Has anyone heard of any other player leaving or not coming to Cuse because their price wasn’t met?
Lot of people just simply don’t understand this, they still think we are where we were when Jesse was here.

I’m not sure he is going to change his style of play. I cannot figure out if the coaches do not work on his game or he does not listen.
If he wants to move on then as others said use nil money to target other players.
Someone explain to me the +/-, momentum, pace in NC State away game and BC home game, without him in the lineup.

Lot of people just simply don’t understand this, they still think we are where we were when Jesse was here.
Exactly. The football team and Fran Brown are really helping the whole schools sports prestige around the league even though that’s not really their goal beyond football recruiting.

When Cuse paid McCord 750-800k the whole game changed not just for the regional recruiting for football but also for the hoops team. There is no longer any questions Cuse has the donors and the bags.

People don’t understand it because it’s secretive. I hear we’re competitive but I don’t know what our budget is. Do you know what our bball budget is?

One thing that sucks is there’s always going to be a handful of programs that go all in on any given year. Georgetown has $5 million in NIL to spend on next year’s basketball team. Some big state flagships have more. I hope the system somehow gets regulated soon. Salary cap or something would be nice. And just make the schools pay since it’s pay for play with full tampering anyway.

I, for one, am outraged a player would look elsewhere and not be loyal to the Cuse.

Also, please join us, in the "Possible portal point guard thread", started last Sunday on SyracuseFan.com

It's hysterical.

I mean you can't walk around here without tripping over all the posts trashing Starling, Cuffe and Westry for selling out their programs and portaling to SU.

Oh wait...

People don’t understand it because it’s secretive. I hear we’re competitive but I don’t know what our budget is. Do you know what our bball budget is?

One thing that sucks is there’s always going to be a handful of programs that go all in on any given year. Georgetown has $5 million in NIL to spend on next year’s basketball team. Some big state flagships have more. I hope the system somehow gets regulated soon. Salary cap or something would be nice. And just make the schools pay since it’s pay for play with full tampering anyway.
How do you know that G-town has 5 million for NIL? Because someone on the internet said that? Maybe they have more? Maybe they have less. None of us know.

Georgetown throws out that number because they know it’s big. Creighton only needs 2M to consistently kick their butts though so not sure more than 2x will do much. There’s so much lying in the NIL game.

If I had to guess Judah is getting 200-400k this year. If Georgetown wants to throw a huge number at him, so be it.

is Mintz worth to the program (ie how much is SU willing

That’s a good question. With both Jesse and Joe, while not 100% confirmed, the figures were both well over the 100-200K reported on sites that Judah is worth. Jesse was reported to stay at Cuse for 400K, but then WVU doubled it to 800K. I’ve heard, but NOT confirmed in any way, that JG3 got over 300K to pick Clemson over LSU among other schools. Crazy times we are in….

How do you know that G-town has 5 million for NIL? Because someone on the internet said that? Maybe they have more? Maybe they have less. None of us know.
Bingo. Lots of talk. The end payments are often way less than people think. But the best way to entice guys is leaking a big number. If they don’t get that much….what are they going to do. They can’t blame tampering.

Yes based on the article. I recall similar numbers (3m I think, but now theyre saying they rolled some over) in articles last year re: how much Cooley said be needed when interviewing for the job. You’re right it could be inaccurate - the whole thing is secretive so who knows. Just trying to make sense of it.

You’re wrong trying to compare football and basketball.

Mintz might get killed playing for Cooley. Cooley demands you play defense. His glutes will hurt for weeks being forced to get into a defensive stance.
Gtown plays defense?

He'd become an all time villian.
I REALLY hope he doesn't go and do something like join Gtown. That said, I could see Mintz relish the role of villain.

Ugh, I'll personally be devastated. He's extremely talented and it would make me depressed if this is the future of the sport - lose a guy who started since Day 1 to our most hated rival. The fans officially care way more about the program than the players do. Sad to me.
More devastated than your earlier post where you state the same thing 12 minutes ago? I kid, I kid.

Judah and “his camp” know exactly what they’re doing.
You might be right but I don't think they're all that smart. Maybe the smartest thing to do was to take the feedback that he received from the NBA and change your game accordingly (most importantly - being a distributor rather than playing a style that doesn't translate to the nba).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom