Judah On GTown's Portal Wishlist? | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Judah On GTown's Portal Wishlist?

What makes him a very good player in your eye? He has certain talents I won’t dispute, but he’s a poor defender, a poor shooter, and gives inconsistent effort.

He's tops in FTA & FTM, 5th in points, 2nd in steals, tied for 3rd in assists in a 15 team conference. He's also top 5 or whatever in FT attempted in the entire country. For a shooting deprived team, getting to the line is very important.

If that isn't a good player, I'm not sure what is. Of course he isn't perfect. We all know his outside shooting needs work, but man - if Judah "isn't good," then I have news, there aren't many good players in the ACC.

Last edited:
Because that's clearly what he wants..so I hope he gets it. He's made no progress towards playing professionally this year.

And I want Syracuse to be as strong a team as possible. I'd wager EVERY kid on the team wants a big check. I suppose we should root for all of them to get that elsewhere and we can be even worse.

And I want Syracuse to be as strong a team as possible. I'd wager EVERY kid on the team wants a big check. I suppose we should root for all of them to get that elsewhere and we can be even worse.
Judahs presence on the team doesn’t necessarily mean it’s as strong as possible or vice versa.

Same way it was or wasn’t with Deshawn Williams or Paul Harris or Devo before him. Not comparing him to them. Only saying we’ve seen good/great players go and sometimes the team is better or like 3 years ago, became worse. depends on who we fill the spots with

Judahs presence on the team doesn’t necessarily mean it’s as strong as possible or vice versa.

I can't speak to what type of teammate he is, but I think when he's on the court, we're a better team, base don who we currently have. Maybe he's a headache in practice or not a good leader. That I don't know. But I'll take a guy with his talent. We just need more talent around him. Lack of shooting and next to no rebounding is what's hurting this team the most.

He's tops in FTA & FTM, 5th in points, 2nd in steals, tied for 3rd in assists in a 15 team conference. He's also top 5 or whatever in FT attempted in the entire country. For a shooting deprived team, getting to the line is very important.

If that isn't a good player, I'm not sure what is. Of course he isn't perfect. We all know his outside shooting needs work, but man - if Judah "isn't good," then I have news, there aren't many good players in the ACC.
He is a super talented stat stuffing scorer. There is no doubt about that. He has issues with decision making, leadership and making others better.

Z Sims has 1/4 the offensive game as Judah, but I’d take him over Judah in a heart beat.

He is a super talented stat stuffing scorer. There is no doubt about that. He has issues with decision making, leadership and making others better.

Z Sims has 1/4 the offensive game as Judah, but I’d take him over Judah in a heart beat.

Great post. It's all about who gives you the better chance to win.

I am a big fan of his game. He is a piece of the puzzle and not as ball dominant, and has improved greatly as the season has worn on.

I expect big things from him next year, and he's going to be a very big part of what we're trying to do in '24-25.
There’s nothing he can do on offense that makes up for his defense, at least Bell can go nuts from three.

Again, IF Judah transfers, I hope he goes full-on Hoya because I’d love to watch Cope bully him on both ends like we haven’t seen since Edelin v. Chrissy Thomas.
What makes you think he won’t come into the Dome and give us a 30-piece? We aren’t exactly defensive stoppers and apparently there’s a chance the roster isn’t improved.

He gets to the line because he’s hunting fouls, occasionally at the expense of the right play.

We’re never going to find consensus here. I don’t enjoy watching him play.

Gave you the heart smiley like. I think that means I love this.

Couldn’t agree more.

I think this is best for both parties.

I hope this isn’t the case, but I think Judah is going to continue to press to try to get back on NBA boards no matter where he plays.

Let’s finish out this year well and wish everyone good luck that leaves. Besides that, onwards.

Z Sims with John Wallace is great. Z Sims on this team (in place of Judah), no way for me.

People complain about Judah's shooting. Z certainly wasnt a great outside shooter (Georgia game notwithstanding), and that was from 19' 9". Great, great passer that was right for the 1996 team.

Last edited:
Stupid thread.

We have the highest attendance of anyone this year hopefully we don't lose him to money. Starling is the guy who if was better this team could have been special. Still can its not too late.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JYCUSE12

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom