Judah On GTown's Portal Wishlist? | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Judah On GTown's Portal Wishlist?

Loved Laz at the end but he barely played until he was a SR and was a D first guy playing within himself and passing to far more talented players.

How can otherwise intelligent posters be dumb enough to compare a top 10 ACC scorer as a FR and SO to him? Even Q vs Laz was a reach because he played so little for his first 2 years.

We should do everything to keep Judah. That doesn't mean he needs to play as many minutes, or play exclusively at the 1.
We should do Whatever it takes to keep Judah!

Nobody should be happy if Mintz leaves here. What does that say about our program if we can’t pay our best athletes? I think he goes to the NBA anyways but Mintz is a great player

Did Jesse get the bag promised from the couch burners??

I certainly hope so.

He walked into shrugs not huggs.

I do want Judah to stay. You can see his floor game improving and I think he knows for sure now he needs to be a PG to get in the league.

He’s going to kill it no Matter where he goes next year (unless he goes to the draft).

The more you watch him and JJ together you more you can see how it works offensively especially with how JJ shooting has improved- I think Judah coild be a good shooter too.

I don’t blame Judah if he wants to go to the portal and get a huge bag. But it kinda feels like we’re 2 pieces away from being very good.

If you can get Judah come back next year and add a beast 5 and a 3 and D wing,

Red deserves a lot of credit

He is a super talented stat stuffing scorer. There is no doubt about that. He has issues with decision making, leadership and making others better.

Z Sims has 1/4 the offensive game as Judah, but I’d take him over Judah in a heart beat.
I wouldn't. Judah is a fantastic player. Z was excellent but on this team Z wouldn't make anywhere near the difference Judah does.

I do want Judah to stay. You can see his floor game improving and I think he knows for sure now he needs to be a PG to get in the league.

He’s going to kill it no Matter where he goes next year (unless he goes to the draft).

The more you watch him and JJ together you more you can see how it works offensively especially with how JJ shooting has improved- I think Judah coild be a good shooter too.

I don’t blame Judah if he wants to go to the portal and get a huge bag. But it kinda feels like we’re 2 pieces away from being very good.

If you can get Judah come back next year and add a beast 5 and a 3 and D wing,

Red deserves a lot of credit

Ok, but we have Q making passes that can break noses and players looking shocked... They will catch up to Q with more seasoning... He's showing pearl flashes, and I don't say that lightly...

Judah is always fun to discuss. He’s the first SU player in a long while that I really think is just scratching the surface of his talent. Last SU player I thought about like that was Jerami Grant.

Not in terms of style (very different players) but in terms of talent..the differences in skill set aside.

Judah has got to be able to shoot the 3, which early on it looked as if he had, but pretty obvious to play at the NBA, you have to be able to shoot from outside. He cannot consistently make the outside jumper at this point in his career. Not saying he won’t.

Judah reminds me of my son, super athlete, great in transition, when he’s on he can get to the rim at will…..BUT, he’s just a bit too “fiery” when things aren’t going well…and then the other areas suffer (defense, getting back, talking to officials to much about a foul) giving up numbers the other way (that’s Judah and my son).

If he develops a consistent 3 point shot, and he matures…I think he will…I said that last year though but he’s still young. He improves his defensive footwork and unlocks all that potential, he’s going to be a problem.

Who knows where he ends up next year but I’ll be pulling for him… unless it’s G’Town…..

I’m rooting for him to go pro. He has nothing to prove. Yes he has to work on his jumper but he can do that full time in the g league. If he’s serious about being a pro he should declare and go all in.
G league is where talent goes to die. He should go to Europe and make real money

Gave you the heart smiley like. I think that means I love this.

Couldn’t agree more.

I think this is best for both parties.

I hope this isn’t the case, but I think Judah is going to continue to press to try to get back on NBA boards no matter where he plays.

Let’s finish out this year well and wish everyone good luck that leaves. Besides that, onwards.

If he can get us wins and into the tourney and show out in the tourney too then awesome. Everybody is happy. Mutual separation makes sense and we bring in a better shooting scoring/point.

I think Q is our PG on O and can share that space with Chance and portal guy

I wouldn't. Judah is a fantastic player. Z was excellent but on this team Z wouldn't make anywhere near the difference Judah does.
Agree. At his best, Z was surrounded by Senior Wallace, Otis, Cipolla, Burgan and a host of others. Judah isn't surrounded by any of that.

There is always a tendency to compare young current players to our memories of former players when they were at their peak.

If Judah declares for the draft, so be it. If not, I really hope he returns to SU and not to the portal.

This young team has a host of problems and very few are related to Judah. Throughout the season, there has been a lot of butt hurt from fans who expect Judah to carry the team on his back and make up for the deficiencies elsewhere.

Anybody who watched Judah play last night and doesn’t want him back is nuts. He was dominant last night. He was actually spectacular last night. This team is just scratching their potential. Red did a great job last night bringing players to the high screen to get Pedulla matched up with Mintz. Judah scored at will with that switch. There’s not three better players in JJ, Juda and Copeland with the ability to create mismatches and get to the basket. It was fun last night to actually have a little “show time” back in the Dome.

Doesn’t sound like Judah transferring would necessarily be NIL driven. Would be more similar to Joe leaving.

Last edited:
Can anyone who is disliking this give legitimate reasons for turning away his dollar? Are you all fanboys of the chancellor?
Have reasons? Yes. Share those reasons. No, other than to say some go beyond any issues with Adam’s “flamboyant “ style.

IMO there is a road to get Adam back onboard, but it would take some effort and contrition on both sides.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JYCUSE12

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom