July Open Evaluation Period | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

July Open Evaluation Period

How is Crawford doing now ? Isn't he coming off an injury ?
Haven't heard much about his play during this month. Reports were that he played well during the USA U16 tryouts and some thought he should've made the team.

Francis what is Crawfords jumper like? I watched his video posted in the thread on the second page and I don't think I saw one jumper?

A bunch of threes are shown starting at the 3:48 mark. Has good form, elevation, and release on his shot.

lol of course I have no patience. I turned it off around the 3 minute mark. 3 minutes of lay-ups and highlight passes was good enough for me...

One think I really like about him is he seems to see things before they happen which is a good indicator that he will be a great distributor. IMO He seemed to pass some guys open and when he drove baseline he seemed to always know what was going to happen and never got out of control.

lol of course I have no patience. I turned it off around the 3 minute mark. 3 minutes of lay-ups and highlight passes was good enough for me...

One think I really like about him is he seems to see things before they happen which is a good indicator that he will be a great distributor. IMO He seemed to pass some guys open and when he drove baseline he seemed to always know what was going to happen and never got out of control.
Love his vision as well. I was saying the same thing about some of those passes, where it looked like he was dribbling into traffic and still could find his man wide open for layups.

A bunch of threes are shown starting at the 3:48 mark. Has good form, elevation, and release on his shot.
Very entertaining style of play. Would draw some oohs and aahs from the Carrier Dome crowd. Anticipates well on offense and defense, I suspect his basketball IQ is very high. Would be well suited, I think, to play at the top of the zone.

His jumper looks like it needs some work, especially that funky one handed release, but you don't see a lot of PGs that can pass, penetrate and play defense like this kid and also shoot really well from the outside. I like Kaleb more but this kid has some serious game too.

Francis, you heard anything on Dominique Uhl. 6-8 CF overseas kid for class of 2014 playing in NJ. His coach said he thinks we may offer. You got anything on him ?

Francis, you heard anything on Dominique Uhl. 6-8 CF overseas kid for class of 2014 playing in NJ. His coach said he thinks we may offer. You got anything on him ?
Don't know too much about him but I've seen his name get mentioned around a lot by scouts over the past week. His team defeated Joseph/Goodluck team in the championship game that JB was caught snoozing at on Thursday night. Maybe he impressed JB when he was awake during the game.:)

Here goes an evaluation ESPN did on him recapping that tourney.

Biggest Stock RiserDominique Uhl (Point Pleasant Beach, N.J./Point Pleasant Beach)
2014, PF, 6-7, 190 pounds
Travel Team:
Jersey Shore Warriors
Status: Offers from Boston College, Temple, Iowa, and Penn State, among others.
The Jersey Shore Warriors captured their second consecutive championship of the evaluation period, and Uhl led the way, adding new offers from Iowa and Penn State in the process. He’s a perimeter forward who created constant mismatch problems with his ability to create off the dribble. Uhl is long, fluid, capable of attacking both sides off the dribble, and especially dangerous when allowed to go to his dominant right. An athletic and intelligent player who is now adding muscle to his frame at a consistent rate, Uhl’s best basketball is very clearly still in front of him.

Don't know too much about him but I've seen his name get mentioned around a lot by scouts over the past week. His team defeated Joseph/Goodluck team in the championship game that JB was caught snoozing at on Thursday night. Maybe he impressed JB when he was awake during the game.:)

Here goes an evaluation ESPN did on him recapping that tourney.

Biggest Stock RiserDominique Uhl (Point Pleasant Beach, N.J./Point Pleasant Beach)
2014, PF, 6-7, 190 pounds
Travel Team: Jersey Shore Warriors
Status: Offers from Boston College, Temple, Iowa, and Penn State, among others.
The Jersey Shore Warriors captured their second consecutive championship of the evaluation period, and Uhl led the way, adding new offers from Iowa and Penn State in the process. He’s a perimeter forward who created constant mismatch problems with his ability to create off the dribble. Uhl is long, fluid, capable of attacking both sides off the dribble, and especially dangerous when allowed to go to his dominant right. An athletic and intelligent player who is now adding muscle to his frame at a consistent rate, Uhl’s best basketball is very clearly still in front of him.
456x330.jpg

Francis, do you know if the staff is sending Red to KC to shadow Thomas Bryant and Diallo?
Derrick Jones, Crawford, Gill-Caeser, Tyus Battle in Atlantic City. Malachi and Newton in Houston. Will be interesting to see where we go given we are short staffed for round 3 with both JB and Hop in Vegas.

Francis, do you know if the staff is sending Red to KC to shadow Thomas Bryant and Diallo?
Derrick Jones, Crawford, Gill-Caeser, Tyus Battle in Atlantic City. Malachi and Newton in Houston. Will be interesting to see where we go given we are short staffed for round 3 with both JB and Hop in Vegas.
I expect Red to be in AC/KC(only if McCullough travels there)/Orlando, and GMac to be in AC/Orlando/and possibly Vegas as well.