July Open Evaluation Period | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

July Open Evaluation Period

I truly believe that the "Kentucky stigma" will wear off soon. There just isn't enough minutes to go around. I really don't care that they just brought in 6 or 7 "one and dones." I would bet my last dollar that not all 6 (7) go pro at the end of the season. They have to many guys who need to dominate the ball. Plus they play in the SEC. I'd rather watch a good Big East game ;-) ... The ACC will pay huge dividends to us. Who wouldn't want to be apart of 35000 plus when Duke, UNC, and for this year Indiana enter our building? Attendance records could be shattered this year!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I truly believe that the "Kentucky stigma" will wear off soon. There just isn't enough minutes to go around. I really don't care that they just brought in 6 or 7 "one and dones." I would bet my last dollar that not all 6 (7) go pro at the end of the season. They have to many guys who need to dominate the ball. Plus they play in the SEC. I'd rather watch a good Big East game ;-) ... The ACC will pay huge dividends to us. Who wouldn't want to be apart of 35000 plus when Duke, UNC, and for this year Indiana enter our building? Attendance records could be shattered this year!

Agree. This year is going to be amazing. I want to see my first game at the Dome this year. Plus, we're going to show the ACC what basketball is all about. I want to bust up UNC and Duke so very badly.

View attachment 4203
2015 guard Joey Wallace with his old man. Wonder if JB will be interested in using one of those scholarships that usually go to a walk-on, in order to bring in either Wallace or Thompson Jr. Speaking of Thompson Jr, I read about another little Thompson name Ethan, who is in the 2017 class. Stevie has them young pups balling.
Btw, some incredibly GREAT KARMA having one of Wallace or Thompson on our roster.
Love both of those SU greats. Was more attentive in the Wallace days, but just good vibes all around, my friends.

I truly believe that the "Kentucky stigma" will wear off soon. There just isn't enough minutes money to go around. I really don't care that they just brought in 6 or 7 "one and dones." I would bet my last dollar that not all 6 (7) go pro at the end of the season. They have to many guys who need to dominate the ball. Plus they play in the SEC. I'd rather watch a good Big East game ;-) ... The ACC will pay huge dividends to us. Who wouldn't want to be apart of 35000 plus when Duke, UNC, and for this year Indiana enter our building? Attendance records could be shattered this year!

Btw, some incredibly GREAT KARMA having one of Wallace or Thompson on our roster.
Love both of those SU greats. Was more attentive in the Wallace days, but just good vibes all around, my friends.

JW was not only a great player for us, he's a great alum too. Class act, and trust me, he still bleeds orange. I haven't seen his (older) son play, but has to be room somewhere for Joey on the roster. And we might get a pleasant surprise.

My favorite player of all time! JW was the man. I was showing highlights of his to my 7 yr old nephew earlier today after I put on my old jersey #44 from 95-96, and he said, "That's the coolest jersey ever!"

My favorite player of all time! JW was the man. I was showing highlights of his to my 7 yr old nephew earlier today after I put on my old jersey #44 from 95-96, and he said, "That's the coolest jersey ever!"

The guy could hit from anywhere on the court and did!
Sherm, Moten, Melo, Hak, Wallace, Wes, Slick Rick the Ruler Jackson, AO...I have to group them all together.
Oh yeah, Jonny, DC, GMac...same list.
I am so confused right now. Baller overload.

Burgan, Shumpert, Damone, and Allen Griffin as well! Sounds like you are around my age and have been a fan since around the same time... 32... fan that I can remember for 27 of them. I still remember watching Keith Smart break my dads heart... LOL. Melo and the boys fixed all that though.

Burgan, Shumpert, Damone, and Allen Griffin as well! Sounds like you are around my age and have been a fan since around the same time... 32... fan that I can remember for 27 of them. I still remember watching Keith Smart break my dads heart... LOL. Melo and the boys fixed all that though.

Thats one of my first vivid sports memories I was 10 it was horrible but the funny thing is watching in 03 with my Dad who was flipping his lid as Melo and Hak tossed someFT bricks down the stretch I was the one telling him it would be OK this time.

Word. Good call, my friend. This dude is going to be a monster. Not to mention, maybe the jig is up and the dye pack catches up to cashbags? :)
Would be a great get if we pull this guy. Amazing athletic ability.
dyedcash_JPG_475x310_q85.jpg
hvifouroop w

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

I finally figured out how to follow the blog. Man I'm dense sometimes.
Jordoo, if it's any consolation you are not alone in having difficulty signing up / joining! I tried the 1st couple times I visited and wasn't able to get it done. I had been frequenting the site pretty much since it's inception and just 2 weeks ago I decided that come hell or high water I was going to get signed up since I think it's important to let Francis know that you are digging the blog.

I managed to get it done and it was about the same time that I posted for others to sign up to show support. So, don't feel bad about having problems getting signed up. It isn't very clear at all as to how to go about it. And by the way, I have like 3 or 4 blogs that I had no intention of creating that were a result of failed attempts to sign up!

Don't wave the white flag on that one yet Tee. 2015 is loaded and UK can't get everybody right?View attachment 4205

Yes! That gives rise to the possibility of a team which as one or two Kentucky "crumb droppings" on it being part of a team (perhaps Orange in color) which rises up to put the damper on the Wildcat National Championship quest by unceremoniously humbling them with those highly motivated players that Cal just couldn't fit onto his roster.

Francis does bring up a valid point in that Kentucky is limited and can't get everyone! There is more talent to be had than ever before and in the end, a team which has superior chemistry can do some remarkable things. I do however believe that more often than not you need to have at least one player who is a game changer/ sure thing NBA'er and then surround him with some capable role players if you want to go deep in the tourney.

Most all the teams which have made it to the Championship game in the past 10 years have had a player who carved out a solid position in the league.

http://cusebballrecruiting.blogspot.com/2013/07/710-news-and-notes.html
Preview in the link as things get cracking for the coaches starting at 5pm, and checkout the blog for updates throughout. Grind mode baby lets get it!

The first open evaluation period was over on the 14th and the 2nd one runs from the 17th thru the 21st and then finally the 24th thru the 28th. At what point do you think we might be picking up a better sense of who we are going to end up getting? For some reason it seems that this year it has been more fluid than ever before as to who will comprise our recruiting class for 14-15. Thank goodness we had such a great jump start with McCullough or it would be completely maddening. I'd like to see us get any two of: Goodluck, Kaleb, and Ja'Quan. Oh... what the heck, let's get all 3!

I doubt the staff will take Kaleb and Newton. They might take Kaleb and Whitehead. I think they only bring in two players for next year, unless they think one of the bigs will leave early. Goodluck will be interesting to watch play out.

Yes! That gives rise to the possibility of a team which as one or two Kentucky "crumb droppings" on it being part of a team (perhaps Orange in color) which rises up to put the damper on the Wildcat National Championship quest by unceremoniously humbling them with those highly motivated players that Cal just couldn't fit onto his roster.

Francis does bring up a valid point in that Kentucky is limited and can't get everyone! There is more talent to be had than ever before and in the end, a team which has superior chemistry can do some remarkable things. I do however believe that more often than not you need to have at least one player who is a game changer/ sure thing NBA'er and then surround him with some capable role players if you want to go deep in the tourney.

Most all the teams which have made it to the Championship game in the past 10 years have had a player who carved out a solid position in the league.
Louisville just won the championship. I'd be surprised if anyone from that team is doing anything in the NBA 3 years from now. Their best player in the tournament was a spot shooter (Hancock), their best scorer was a guy who went back for his senior year because he wouldn't get drafted (Smith), and their Center is now in Minnesota (Dieng), and we all know how that organization destroys anyone with some semblance of talent. Ville was a bunch of exceptional college players, but very few of them will ever make an NBA team out of Summer camp unless Montrez Harrell continues tearing it up.

So when you said "a team which has superior chemistry can do some remarkable things" you were more spot on than saying "you need a sure thing NBAer"

The first open evaluation period was over on the 14th and the 2nd one runs from the 17th thru the 21st and then finally the 24th thru the 28th. At what point do you think we might be picking up a better sense of who we are going to end up getting? For some reason it seems that this year it has been more fluid than ever before as to who will comprise our recruiting class for 14-15. Thank goodness we had such a great jump start with McCullough or it would be completely maddening. I'd like to see us get any two of: Goodluck, Kaleb, and Ja'Quan. Oh... what the heck, let's get all 3!
Once the month is over visits will begin to get set up. The elite camp is in August and I'm sure the staff will try to load up on that one. Last year McCullough, Whitehead, Battle, Bryant, Chino, BJ, and several others attended the elite camp.

Adam Finkelstein: The biggest takeaway for me last week was the value of ESPN 100 point guard Josh Perkins (Denver/Huntington Prep). He's one of the last pure point guards you'll find -- a guy who plays a pass-first style and makes the game easier for his teammates. That's a big reason why he was followed by a slew of high-major head coaches and also why No. 11 recruit Rashad Vaughn (Golden Valley, Minn./Findlay Prep) went on record saying he'd like to play next to Perkins at the next level. Whether or not this latest potential package deal comes to fruition isn't necessarily the point; the point is that Perkins is a one-of-a-kind throwback whom coaches want to coach and players want to play next to. And you can bet wherever he ends up, there will be plenty of other guys interested in following.

http://cusebballrecruiting.blogspot.com/2013/07/717-news-and-notes.html
Preview for the 2nd evaluation period that begins later at 5 and as always I'll keep things updated throughout. I expect the staff to be out in the events at PA(Hoop Group) and DC(Global Challenge) for the majority of the period. Will be interesting to see if anybody from the staff heads out to the tourney out in Milwaukee to check out Whitehead and Derrick Jones.

http://cusebballrecruiting.blogspot.com/2013/07/717-news-and-notes.html
Preview for the 2nd evaluation period that begins later at 5 and as always I'll keep things updated throughout. I expect the staff to be out in the events at PA(Hoop Group) and DC(Global Challenge) for the majority of the period. Will be interesting to see if anybody from the staff heads out to the tourney out in Milwaukee to check out Whitehead and Derrick Jones.
Dean, you spoil us. Thank you so much for your continuous supply of recruiting info, for us junkies. It is truly appreciated.

I usually check these threads every few days. The best part is there's always some neat nugget about the top 20, 50 or 100 guy and where we are at. It's the best because we are not offering Sam Spann, Greg Davis and James Theus scholarships anymore, and worse, having to accept them. Now, they might be nice kids and all but yikes, I don't miss those days.

It says a lot what we just offered the Malachi kid a schollie.