Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
My issue is, if that quote is true and kadary wouldn’t start, what guard would come who is good enough to start? And if they aren’t starting, they probably aren’t impactful enough overall anyway and the overall situation still isn’t ideal.

how many pages will this get to when Kadary transfers to hurley and uconn?

Alsacs, you know I didn't want to be right on this. Or the others. My worry isn't about the people leaving however. We can get the better end of the deal (I Know fans of Kadary don't believe that) but we can. My worry is that we won't pound the portal as hard as we can. There are great kids in the portal that we should be in contention for. I hope we are working to do something about that.
I have no confidence we will have anything more than a plucky team that if it makes 3’s can win games.
No confidence we will have athletes.
No confidence we will have a post player who can score.
No confidence we will have an attacking PG who can get by people.

We are going to have an iso chuck up 3’s offense that if the opponent works hard will shut down.

This loss is so bad. It sucks.

FWIW. got the text message this morning on this. Kadary wanted the starting spot and JB wouldn't promise or give it to him. Tried to sell him on the Dion role but Kadary wasn't having it. One of our assistants are EXTREMELY upset, to the point of I wouldn't be surprised they dip this summer if given offered a job. He also has folks close to him saying that every program will be after you (listening to the internet gush over him). We'll see what happens. Sucks
Promising a starting role is one thing ... but Kadary knew he had no chance no matter what he did im sure

Emotions aside, I don't see how anyone could have Joe and Kadary on the roster and not prioritize Kadary.

Based on that alone, I have a feeling this was not a basketball/PT decision. This smells more like a "not a good fit" move.
Kadary's defense stood out in the zone. But put him on a pressing m-2-m team that actually runs and he would really shine. He knows that. It's also a waste of his ability to play 20 minutes per game sharing time which would have continued next season.

Jimmy played 30.6 MPG in 2019-2020 at Cornell.
O/U 30.6 MPG for Jimmy at SU next season?
under. I was doing the numbers earlier today, oddly enough. I think about 24 or 25.

FWIW. got the text message this morning on this. Kadary wanted the starting spot and JB wouldn't promise or give it to him. Tried to sell him on the Dion role but Kadary wasn't having it. One of our assistants are EXTREMELY upset, to the point of I wouldn't be surprised they dip this summer if given offered a job. He also has folks close to him saying that every program will be after you (listening to the internet gush over him). We'll see what happens. Sucks
Was very concerned with the Dion role talk. If JB thinks the situations are remotely comparable, then he really can't see the forest for the trees anymore.

Think I'll take the rest of the day off before I get more angry.

IM OFFICIALLY PISSED. Yes people had mentioned it was a possibility. But this is ALL on Jimmy. You mismanaged the most talented player on the team to a point where he would rather leave. Ya ya ya, people all over the country are doing it. But we are Syracuse. We should be a top 10-20 Program. A player like this shouldn’t be leaving because Jim was to damn stubborn to play the better player. The guy was better on offense and on defense and Jim still refused to play him even though we continued to struggle. Ya, I’m pissed.
he has his ways that he developed over decades...they dont work (enough for winning titles) anymore but he wont change.

sweet 16 runs and these lucky tourneys just make him double down on stubborn.

he must adapt or it will get even uglier than it already has.

yikes.

Sell god damn Girard on the Dion role.
What the frig.

Alsacs, you know I didn't want to be right on this. Or the others. My worry isn't about the people leaving however. We can get the better end of the deal (I Know fans of Kadary don't believe that) but we can. My worry is that we won't pound the portal as hard as we can. There are great kids in the portal that we should be in contention for. I hope we are working to do something about that.
the problem is, what is your sell to the kids in the portal? We clearly have 2 guards already slated for 30mpg next year.

I have no confidence we will have anything more than a plucky team that if it makes 3’s can win games.
No confidence we will have athletes.
No confidence we will have a post player who can score.
No confidence we will have an attacking PG who can get by people.

We are going to have an iso chuck up 3’s offense that if the opponent works hard will shut down.

This loss is so bad. It sucks.
I think you are selling Jess short. he can move. Learning a few low posts moves are not that difficult if you can move. I think he has to stay at Syracuse this summer. Work on the weights and work on the low post. I like him a lot.

he has his ways that he developed over decades...they dont work (enough for winning titles) anymore but he wont change.

sweet 16 runs and these lucky tourneys just make him double down on stubborn.

he must adapt or it will get even uglier than it already has.
When's the last time that a 76 year old man adapted to something?

What a joke.

Dion was NOT behind Joe Girard. It is not apples to apples. At all.

Wonder who the coach is. AG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors