Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW. got the text message this morning on this. Kadary wanted the starting spot and JB wouldn't promise or give it to him. Tried to sell him on the Dion role but Kadary wasn't having it. One of our assistants are EXTREMELY upset, to the point of I wouldn't be surprised they dip this summer if given offered a job. He also has folks close to him saying that every program will be after you (listening to the internet gush over him). We'll see what happens. Sucks
I should have added an assistant to my list of departures...

I find that hard to believe. Can you tell me where you saw or read that ?
It's not technically what he said. He said when it comes to being in the correct position in the zone Buddy and Joe play it technically sound. He said Kadary made more steals ect.

I won't argue that athleticism and length makes up for being out of position at times. Kadary did an outstanding job in the zone as a freshman. I also won't argue he was the best defender in the zone because of his physical attributes. Just because Joe and Buddy played the zone positionally sound doesn't mean they didn't give up points or their lack of athleticism or length didn't hurt them defensively.

JB can coach up the defense when it matters.

The regular season is just going to suck now. We aren’t going to be more than mediocre.

JB can coach.

I just want to be off the bubble by February and playing for seed that won’t happen now.
We don't know that. the doom and gloom without knowing our roster is just amazing. Or what we look like next fall. We might not be very good. We might be very good. Let's wait to see how this all plays out before we drink the poison.

please don't believe everything you here. I know everyone is panicking but this is the way it is working this year. You tell the kid he has to work and win the competition which I assume is what coach said. if Kadary wanted a promise and a guaranteed amount of minutes without working then hit the road. he won't get those minutes at kentucky or FSU but will get them somewhere. We'll be fine and not the type of kid we need if he has to have a guarantee

Cuse!
This is JB apologizing 101. I'm not here for it today.

I think we have one guard with over 30 minutes a game. the right guard can move Joe out of the starting line up. And they are in the portal. The question is will we go hard after that person.

lol.
you can’t believe this.
Even if we bring in a guy...I can see it already

”joe has experience. coach boeheim wants to win every game, He can’t play someone who doesn’t know the zone early in the year. Spacing.”

Everyone happy we preserved Girard's "confidence" now? I don't blame Kadary one bit. Our head coach needs to step down ASAP. If Wildhack can't see it then nobody will. Another year of zone-training transfer portal dudes from scratch. Why would another stud guard come in here after he sees what JB did with a stellar point guard like Kadary lol?
Many universities are going to be looking for new head coaches then. If players leaving is the determining factor this offseason then alot of turn over in the basketball coaching world is going to happen.

I think we have one guard with over 30 minutes a game. the right guard can move Joe out of the starting line up. And they are in the portal. The question is will we go hard after that person.
But here's the problem...

Assume people believe it's true that Boeheim told a highly productive player currently on the roster that he should focus on the Dion backup role because Joe Girard is slated to start.

How can people possibly believe, even a little bit, that Boeheim can have an honest conversation about an incoming transfer, with no experience or equity in the program, about their path to starting.

It's not happening.

FWIW. got the text message this morning on this. Kadary wanted the starting spot and JB wouldn't promise or give it to him. Tried to sell him on the Dion role but Kadary wasn't having it. One of our assistants are EXTREMELY upset, to the point of I wouldn't be surprised they dip this summer if given offered a job. He also has folks close to him saying that every program will be after you (listening to the internet gush over him). We'll see what happens. Sucks

Being an assistant here is an impossible job now. You have to convince a bunch of guys to play for a stagnating program with grandpa as coach and then you have to work your butt off to make sure gramps doesn't chase those same kids off once they get on campus.

Wow, Coach wouldn't agree to supplanting the starting PG right after the end of a successful season.

It sounds like the threat of leaving and immediately being able to do so will hurt the guys who are straight shooters (K, Boeheim, et al) vs the guys who will say what their players want to hear.

I mean good luck to Kadary but we've lost better at the same time. I trust we'll reload as we usually do and have a season that many people will complain about. It could be worse, we could have been out of the tournament this year.

We don't know that. the doom and gloom without knowing our roster is just amazing. Or what we look like next fall. We might not be very good. We might be very good. Let's wait to see how this all plays out before we drink the poison.

In fairness the latter hasn't been the routine over the past 5 yrs.

I get the whole “never make promises to kids” but damn if there ever was a time to do so...
That isn't the point. Okay, I can't guarantee you a starting spot, but I can't guarantee Joe one either. If that isn't what was said, that would be totally unacceptable. I wouldn't work for a company that didn't promote based on merit. Nor would I play for one. the best guys play. Kadary, I guarantee you will get a fair shot at starting. That is the only acceptable answer. and by the way, that should go for every other kid that has transferred out this week.

How is this dumb. The coach treated him and Woody like crap. Alan might as well have started shooting at his own basket this tournament run he was that bad. JG3 is a backup at best.

Kadary will start for a peer program next year and go lottery.
Kad still has a lot to learn. As he learned more, he played more. Woody got hit by the pause. JB has more coaching wins than you and me combined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom