Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boeheim press conference after the Houston game he was definitely downplaying Kadary a little. I assume this has been known for a while but to lose the talent with the highest ceiling on our team is a major issue.
He actually said that Buddy and Girard were better defensive guards than Kadary with a straight face. That is delusional.

Syracuse basketball head coach Jim Boeheim refuted a report related to freshman point guard Kadary Richmond's decision to enter the transfer portal on Tuesday. Boeheim said in a text message that when he spoke with Richmond about next season, he characterized the opportunity for Richmond to crack the starting lineup as such: "The best player will start."

Danny Emerman of The Daily Orange reported earlier on Tuesday that Boeheim told Richmond that sophomore Joe Girard "is slated to start again next year," citing an anonymous source. Boeheim said that phrasing as "absolutely not true."

Richmond did not immediately respond to a private message sent early Tuesday afternoon.
The best player wasn’t starting this year lol!!! Liessssssssssss!!!

When was the last time a transfer left that hurt?

Bland is all I can think of the rest weren’t good enough to play enough and get their expected minutes.

We've replaced Pearl Washington, Sherman Douglas, Billy Owens, Wes Johnson, Fab Melo, and so on. Kadary was an exciting young player, but we will be ok. The portal has plenty of options.

Syracuse basketball head coach Jim Boeheim refuted a report related to freshman point guard Kadary Richmond's decision to enter the transfer portal on Tuesday. Boeheim said in a text message that when he spoke with Richmond about next season, he characterized the opportunity for Richmond to crack the starting lineup as such: "The best player will start."

Danny Emerman of The Daily Orange reported earlier on Tuesday that Boeheim told Richmond that sophomore Joe Girard "is slated to start again next year," citing an anonymous source. Boeheim said that phrasing as "absolutely not true."

Richmond did not immediately respond to a private message sent early Tuesday afternoon.
Look out Pat, the coach will be listening in his car.

Well of course to Kadary, past is prologue.

We've replaced Pearl Washington, Sherman Douglas, Billy Owens, Wes Johnson, Fab Melo, and so on. Kadary was an exciting young player, but we will be ok. The portal has plenty of options.
Find me one player willing to play 10 minutes a game that can play point guard in the portal.

Kadary was my favorite player on the team. I'm way less optimistic about last year's chances now.

Kid was truly a special talent at lead guard. It's bad enough that we lost on Saturday -- I can't even stand coming to the board anymore, with all of the bad news.

I'm sorry we'll never be able to see this kid really actualize his potential. He was a stud.

I am slowly reading my way through this thread but it is increasing as fast as I read! One question that always puzzled me was why Kadary was not highly recruited by othwer teams last year? Was he a late bloomer or does he have health issue or injury prone. He just seemed to magically have all the skills, almost like a dream. Why could he not go for extended periods of time without looking fatigued? Why was he on a bicycle on the sidelines? Why did ne never appear happy? So many whys that puzzle me but may have been covered recently or before. Unfortunate to lose him but time to refocus. LGO

sweet! We’re hemorrhaging talent and this is the news.

Awesome.

Kadary was my favorite player on the team. I'm way less optimistic about last year's chances now.

Kid was truly a special talent at lead guard. It's bad enough that we lost on Saturday -- I can't even stand coming to the board anymore, with all of the bad news.

I'm sorry we'll never be able to see this kid really actualize his potential. He was a stud.
We will see it, somewhere else next year and probably in the nba within 2 years.

I mean honestly someone tell me why I should renew my season tickets next year if the coach is just going to half a$$ it.

I mean, that's an easy call. You shouldn't.

Symphoria and Syracuse Stage and the Crunch are about to get a little richer next winter.

Find me one player willing to play 10 minutes a game that can play point guard in the portal.

There will be a crap ton of them when the roster spots start getting sparse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom