Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disgusting. Joe is the one put in a tough spot and it is zero of his own doing. This is pathetic people are doing that.
Can never understand these types of peoples.

ADJW needs to step in at this point and get a commitment from Boeheim. We’re hurdling down a really bad path

T
Quite the roller coaster for the pro-JB and anti-JB crowd this year.

Pro JB..

All season: crickets

Tournament: Aha!!! JB forgot more basketball than you’ll ever know!!

Post season: crickets

Anti:

All season: program is trashhhh

Tournament: Let’s goooooo!!!!!

Post season: program is trashhhh
There are some ppl whose penchant for misery is so strong that their life is peaking, right now, in this thread. Strange stuff.

FWIW. got the text message this morning on this. Kadary wanted the starting spot and JB wouldn't promise or give it to him. Tried to sell him on the Dion role but Kadary wasn't having it. One of our assistants are EXTREMELY upset, to the point of I wouldn't be surprised they dip this summer if given offered a job. He also has folks close to him saying that every program will be after you (listening to the internet gush over him). We'll see what happens. Sucks

Now that is a believable version of the Boeheim conversation that could easily be misconstrued by an eager journalist or misrepresented by a frustrated kid.

Lots of doom on here, this is a huge loss, probably inexplicable, definitely 100% on the head coach, but we will field a team next year that is probably .500 in the acc and on the bubble. It is what it is. We wont be terrible. We just wont be very good, and we will get handled by anyone that plays pressure defense.
So basically another version of the same team we've seen for the past 5 years. Ceiling of a bubble team and hopeful of a miracle double digit seed run if we manage to get into the NCAAt.

Rather, rinse, repeat.

But I'll ask you this, if our ceiling is a bubble team, what do you think our floor will look like? Because that's a more likely scenario for next year.

Just gonna say, they all called, but do you think they are only calling him? Some players are going to get burned in all of this. Calling is not the same as committing. They are calling 5or 6 or even 10 players. I am sure Kadary will end up fine, but a player like Woody will get burned in the end.

You aren't the brightest if you think that is a valid point. He was in the portal for an HOUR at that point and had already gotten calls from that many.
I’m sorry. I’ll try again. Kadary good. Boeheim bad.

Lots of doom on here, this is a huge loss, probably inexplicable, definitely 100% on the head coach, but we will field a team next year that is probably .500 in the acc and on the bubble. It is what it is. We wont be terrible. We just wont be very good, and we will get handled by anyone that plays pressure defense.
Well that to me is a miserable reality when I plan to watch that for 70+ hours next winter.

So basically another version of the same team we've seen for the past 5 years. Ceiling of a bubble team and hopeful of a miracle double digit seed run if we manage to get into the NCAAt.

Rather, rinse, repeat.

But I'll ask you this, if our ceiling is a bubble team, what do you think our floor will look like? Because that's a more likely scenario for next year.
.500 is probably the floor. This is on the hc for sure. But it is what it is. Guy is bringing in his other son to play. This is how jb wants to go out. His top priority isnt necessarily winning at this point. Maybe it will work out magically. Maybe it wont. But ppl who say were done for next four years are being hyperbolic. The truth is somewhere in between, and im as big of a kadary fan as anyone. It sucks this is self inflicted, but well field a team next year. The team will win some games. Jb will retire. Well bring in a good replacement. And well see where things go

FWIW. got the text message this morning on this. Kadary wanted the starting spot and JB wouldn't promise or give it to him. Tried to sell him on the Dion role but Kadary wasn't having it. One of our assistants are EXTREMELY upset, to the point of I wouldn't be surprised they dip this summer if given offered a job. He also has folks close to him saying that every program will be after you (listening to the internet gush over him). We'll see what happens. Sucks
So STUPID. Kadary is so much better. Should’ve been starting since December. This is unreal.

Just gonna say, they all called, but do you think they are only calling him? Some players are going to get burned in all of this. Calling is not the same as committing. They are calling 5or 6 or even 10 players. I am sure Kadary will end up fine, but a player like Woody will get burned in the end.
Woody will end up at an A-10 school, at minimum. And will end up better off (a la B.J. Johnson) than he would have being buried on the bench at SU due to petty grudges held by the coach.

Anyone care to share the many facets of the DeShaun Williams story? I am pretty sure he had a couple outbursts directed straight at the HOF coach.

Boeheim has truly lost his marbles.

Has anybody used this gif yet?

tenor.gif

I’m sorry. I’ll try again. Kadary good. Boeheim bad.
I'm sorry True Believer. Do you think that Joe was better than Kadary? If the answer to that is no then yes, Kadary good, Boeheim bad.

I guess I’m kind of at a loss for words at this point. Losing Richmond is big news but I don’t think he isn’t replaceable either

I guess I’m kind of at a loss for words at this point. Losing Richmond is big news but I don’t think he isn’t replaceable either
Who we going to get to replace him that good

the replacement is Joe.
so unless you think Joe will be better than him, he’s not replaceable

Yea but Kadary was actually playing. A lot. And he had a bright future here.
His minutes grew for a stretch of 7 games in late Jan/early Feb, and then receded again. He went from playing 25+ minutes in 6 of 7 games, to not cracking 20 again until the Houston loss. I don't know if there were injuries or conditioning issues at play, but it was very clear that JB was not going to let Kadary go 25-30+ again. He consistently had him on the bench through the first 2 TV TOs of each half. I found it very strange, but nothing about JB's rotations this season made much sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom