Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
6EEBFAF3-8D4D-416D-86AE-67953A97BA10.jpeg

Seriously?
When was the last time a transfer left that hurt?

Bland is all I can think of the rest weren’t good enough to play enough and get their expected minutes.

Right? Houston just kicked the crap out of us.

Oregon State went further than us. Baylor and Gonzaga are big dogs. Creighton just lost.

And when you consider how quickly a team can turn around their fortunes in this ever changing sport.

Kadary playing for one of those schools probably puts them closer to a murderers row than us. Unless we've got something up our sleeve on an equivalent replacement. I don't believe that's the guard who started ahead of him this year, but what do I know.

I guess I’m kind of at a loss for words at this point. Losing Richmond is big news but I don’t think he isn’t replaceable either
Who is going to want to come here to replace him? The most talented guard on our roster just left because he couldn’t get the nod over a 5’11 two guard playing point guard that shot 35% from the field. You don’t think the other talented guards in the portal see that? JBs stubbornness is going to be our downfall. We’re stuck with the worst defensive backcourt in program history.

he sat behind a guy that started and did well last year. Now, joe took a step back this year, no question. Look at his free throw shooting. That dropped quite a bit. let alone, everything else. But most coaches would have started Joe to start the season. the question is when they would have replaced Joe with Kadray. I think most would have made that change. But there maybe factors we just don't know. Like maybe they saw that Kadray just didn't like it here. We have a policy of not taking a kid without a visit first. We took Kadray without a visit. Maybe that is a good policy.
Love you dasher, but you’ve been spelling KADARY’s name wrong for weeks. It’s Kadary, not Kadray. Get with it and fix that autocorrect. Just messin w/you...

His minutes grew for a stretch of 7 games in late Jan/early Feb, and then receded again. He went from playing 25+ minutes in 6 of 7 games, to not cracking 20 again until the Houston loss. I don't know if there were injuries or conditioning issues at play, but it was very clear that JB was not going to let Kadary go 25-30+ again. He consistently had him on the bench through the first 2 TV TOs of each half. I found it very strange, but nothing about JB's rotations this season made much sense to me.
its my sense with no inside knowledge whatsoever...whatever happened around he game where JB went on an asinine rant about Kadary’s plus minus of the game is when he knew he was prob gone and adjusted his lineup and commentary accordingly (Joes a better defensive guard etc)

I guess I’m kind of at a loss for words at this point. Losing Richmond is big news but I don’t think he isn’t replaceable either
I don’t think we bring anybody in at his caliber. Not close. It’s going back to Buddy and Joe 35 a game with some random mid major 6th man guard being a 6th man here.

Nobody is coming to sit behind the two of them.

When was the last time a transfer left that hurt?

Bland is all I can think of the rest weren’t good enough to play enough and get their expected minutes.
That’s not what you said

What kind of message does the Kadary decision send to portal prospects and recruits? These kids are not dumb. They see how JB's acts toward certain players in-game and during press conferences. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of prospects conclude it's not worth the headache.

I don’t think we bring anybody in at his caliber. Not close. It’s going back to Buddy and Joe 35 a game with some random mid major 6th man guard being a 6th man here.

Nobody is coming to sit behind the two of them.
I have a rule I live by in life, in poker and in business. I call it the Jim Rockford rule. Nothing makes no sense at all. If you look hard enough, somewhere along the lines, it makes sense. There is a reason Jb has stuck with joe that doesn't include that he is just a favorite. I have on idea what that reason is.

Syracuse basketball head coach Jim Boeheim refuted a report related to freshman point guard Kadary Richmond's decision to enter the transfer portal on Tuesday. Boeheim said in a text message that when he spoke with Richmond about next season, he characterized the opportunity for Richmond to crack the starting lineup as such: "The best player will start."

Danny Emerman of The Daily Orange reported earlier on Tuesday that Boeheim told Richmond that sophomore Joe Girard "is slated to start again next year," citing an anonymous source. Boeheim said that phrasing as "absolutely not true."

Richmond did not immediately respond to a private message sent early Tuesday afternoon.

The next HC is going to have a losing season year 1 no doubt.
Which is why I will be uber patient with them.

The cupboard will be bare.

On the plus side, it will make Boeheim look good so there's that.

Syracuse basketball head coach Jim Boeheim refuted a report related to freshman point guard Kadary Richmond's decision to enter the transfer portal on Tuesday. Boeheim said in a text message that when he spoke with Richmond about next season, he characterized the opportunity for Richmond to crack the starting lineup as such: "The best player will start."

Danny Emerman of The Daily Orange reported earlier on Tuesday that Boeheim told Richmond that sophomore Joe Girard "is slated to start again next year," citing an anonymous source. Boeheim said that phrasing as "absolutely not true."

Richmond did not immediately respond to a private message sent early Tuesday afternoon.
But that is false, Kadary never started a game.

Best player didn’t start this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors