Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal | Page 64 | Syracusefan.com

Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alsacs has repeatedly admonished me for speculating.
No you state opinions as facts and don’t give actual support to the opinions. You say something that isn’t true and try to establish as a fact to support a narrative.

You can have an opinion if you say something is an opinion and don’t try to make it a fact.

No you state opinions as facts and don’t give actual support to the opinions. You say something that isn’t true and try to establish as a fact to support a narrative.

You can have an opinion if you say something is an opinion and don’t try to make it a fact.
To be fair, that is a common affliction on this board.

Nobody knows exactly all the facts why this kid transfers, but everybody can agree these kids have giant egos and he deserved to be a starter. It’s squarely on JB to start the best players and he didn’t and now this is the outcome.

I don’t think Kadary had an issue with his minutes here.
Nope. He specifically mentioned not having to think about certain things on the court - which could be taken a lot of ways.

And there it is. Coach was coaching and he didn’t like it. He’ll go somewhere where he has more freedom but less coaching and will be less challenged. He’ll be happier but at the risk of development
How is that coaching? Telling a kid he can't shoot and constantly bringing him down in pressers? Playing him fewer minutes than a far inferior player? Giving others free reign and hyping them up. The hypocrisy was unreal.

Okay, I'm doing arguing this one. I'm extremely disappointed Richmond is taking his considerable talents elsewhere, but it's kind of apropos with the way the team has been trending in recent years. Incredible highs and lows. No idea what the team will actually look like next year or the year after, but maybe Jim pulls another one out of the hat.

Peace!

There is an argument to be had that Kadary could have taken Griff's starting spot as well. 3 guard lineup but Richmond can rebound well. So even if you keep Joe out there as the guy with tenure, the headcase AG at times is a transfer- that is different and to me again there is absolutely cause to go with Richmond there too the more I think about it.
To me, this is one of the biggest flaws in JB's "100% Zone" philosophy. It's hard to roll out a 3-guard lineup, because one of those guards has to be pretty good at defending inside and rebounding on the back line of the zone. JB only tried the Kadary/Joe/Buddy lineup a couple of times this year, and when he did a lot of folks on the board were pretty critical of it... not that JB listens, though...

More than us, the last 5 years.

I’ll still take our long term prospects considering both coaches will be retiring relatively close to each other. Syracuse can and will attract a better prospective coach and in turn better players, which says a lot about our program status if you compare the weather between the two places.

I’ll still take our long term prospects considering both coaches will be retiring relatively close to each other. Syracuse can and will attract a better prospective coach and in turn better players, which says a lot about our program status if you compare the weather between the two places.
Great. Me too.

What’s that have to do with next year though? Why are they better than us now? I agree - they shouldn’t be. But they are.

Those teams are perennial also rans. No Duke, UK, Gonzaga, whose point guard is leaving, or any other class teams.
Perhaps K doesn't want to go after the kid that his buddy JB just watched walk out the door?

Perhaps Gonzaga has a 5-star PG recruit coming in, a top 5 PG in his class. They might also have Andrew Nembhard.

Perhaps Kentucky has a top 5 PG recruit coming in.

But hey, your ridiculous narrative makes the most sense.

Last 3 tourneys they’ve been: elite 8, sweet 16, and sweet 16. And they finish ahead of us in the ACC every year now.
Yes and prior to the last four years he got out of the 1st weekend twice in 29 years and crapped out in the sweet sixteen both times. All of a sudden he became a genius when he turned 68. Sure, his last four years have been good but I'm not buying whatever he is selling.

What’s that have to do with next year though? Why are they better than us now? I agree - they shouldn’t be. But they are.

You’re the one that said “our program is cooked” though.

Perhaps K doesn't want to go after the kid that his buddy JB just watched walk out the door?

Perhaps Gonzaga has a 5-star PG recruit coming in, a top 5 PG in his class. They might also have Andrew Nembhard.

Perhaps Kentucky has a top 5 PG recruit coming in.

But hey, your ridiculous narrative makes the most sense.
My narrative is that if he had stayed 1 more year, Boeheim would have let him have the keys to the Bentley, and then he would go in the first round of the NBA draft. Such a horrible path to endure.

Yes and prior to the last four years he got out of the 1st weekend twice in 29 years and crapped out in the sweet sixteen both times. All of a sudden he became a genius when he turned 68. Sure, his last four years have been good but I'm not buying whatever he is selling.
You’re doing a lot here and I’m not sure why.

They’re a better program than us right now based on recent results. I didn’t say anything about their coach.

It is for the foreseeable future IMO.

Hopefully we hire somebody good, and rev this thing back up.

Completely agree. The ball will be in Wildhack’s hands and he can’t afford to drop it. Will be interesting to see who the “hot names” are when that time comes and if we make any attempt at them. I have a feeling Shaka will turn things around at Marquette and will be a name that will pop up again, but may never leave there similar to Amaker at Harvard.

Nobody seems to remember how/why Kadary ended up at Syracuse to begin with. It was a last-minute decision after UConn signed Andre Jackson. He obviously started to regret that decision fairly quickly upon actually playing for JB, judging by his comments to the Athletic (he would have been better off keeping his mouth shut). He wasn't a fit for what JB wanted out of him.

Some of the arguments in this thread continue to be utterly bizarre.

Kadary played 589 minutes this year, and took 139 shots

Joe played 776 minutes, and took 258 shots.

Both largely played point guard, and spent some time/possessions off the ball.

Joe played a 32% more minutes, and took 86% more shots. Yet according to some, Kadary apparently is some selfish jerk who just wants to gun without conscience? I mean, that kind of player is already on the team. Where's the dismissive clapback over that?

I'll say for the 1000th time, I like Joe, and I want him on the team. He's a good player who can help SU. But this isn't rocket science. Kadary saw what happened this season, and apparently had no confidence that it might meaningfully change next year. Maybe he's wrong about that, but then the staff (all of them) need to take some blame for not convincing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom