Class of 2014 - Kaleb Joseph..,, | Page 43 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Kaleb Joseph..,,

kaleb joseph ‏@kalebjoseph158m
So Cuse fans ive never met b4 drive down from my NY to watch me play and dudes that claim there "day1" haven't seen me play in year?!?
I would just to see him and cali go at it on this board or twitter...

and you know what...they would both be understanding each other leaving us in awe.

An aside: you'll see Joseph listed as 6-3 many places. He's actually 6 feet.

I'm really surprised to hear that, although I'm sure he will be a very good player, just like Flynn, I would have thought, given our immense success with bigger guards lately, we would not be targeting kids below 6'2 if possible. Cuse seemingly wanted KJ more than the other possibilities, so who knows, but I love those long arms at the top of the zone! Maybe they think Buss, Trevor, and co will make up for it??

I'm really surprised to hear that, although I'm sure he will be a very good player, just like Flynn, I would have thought, given our immense success with bigger guards lately, we would not be targeting kids below 6'2 if possible. Cuse seemingly wanted KJ more than the other possibilities, so who knows, but I love those long arms at the top of the zone! Maybe they think Buss, Trevor, and co will make up for it??

Malachi standing at almost 6'6 will help for '15 and beyond.

I would say two things:

1) If KJ is a legit 6'2" - that is plenty tall. It's the guys that are 6'2" with a wink that are probematic.
2) His length (arms) and quickness are probably even more important for closing out on shooters and disrupting passing lanes.

I would say two things:

1) If KJ is a legit 6'2" - that is plenty tall. It's the guys that are 6'2" with a wink that are probematic.
2) His length (arms) and quickness are probably even more important for closing out on shooters and disrupting passing lanes.

I agree, if he is 6'2 then I totally understand. The poster above stated he was much closer to 6', which as you said is mitigated by speed and arm length, just an usual quality we seemingly have steered away from lately. It seems there have been a number of very quick good guards that have wanted a look from Cuse but we've been much more in tune to the bigger more physical guys. Triche, etc. I hope that KJ turns into a Russ Smith or Shbazz Napier for us, but lack of size up front still hurts our zone...

I agree, if he is 6'2 then I totally understand. The poster above stated he was much closer to 6', which as you said is mitigated by speed and arm length, just an usual quality we seemingly have steered away from lately. It seems there have been a number of very quick good guards that have wanted a look from Cuse but we've been much more in tune to the bigger more physical guys. Triche, etc. I hope that KJ turns into a Russ Smith or Shbazz Napier for us, but lack of size up front still hurts our zone...

I hear ya. No way Napier is 6'0 and Russ Smith is probably 6'0 tops. These 6'2 guards and up who can really handle are tough to find. Those guys are those elite 5 star guys. Joseph is probably Ennis' size and I don't think Ennis is 6'2.

On a side note, to my comment on the bigger more physical guards, as Alsacs posted a link to the Michigan game the other day, and I stupidly watched the end of it again, I saw BT taking Burke to the basket at will. Really wish he would have done that earlier in the game, but it reinforced to me at least that those big guys are a nightmare to defend against for most teams. BT worked out of the post a few times last year too, with a lot of success.

On a side note, to my comment on the bigger more physical guards, as Alsacs posted a link to the Michigan game the other day, and I stupidly watched the end of it again, I saw BT taking Burke to the basket at will. Really wish he would have done that earlier in the game, but it reinforced to me at least that those big guys are a nightmare to defend against for most teams. BT worked out of the post a few times last year too, with a lot of success.
problem with those big physical guards they tend to get the charge called more often than say a Russ Smith

Let's hope he is a lot better then Johnny. I will take Flynn's offensive game, but his defense left a lot to be desired. Those were some of the worst defensive teams in the Boeheim era. KJ should be much better on that end.

An aside: you'll see Joseph listed as 6-3 many places. He's actually 6 feet.
He scores well so he can get his shot off presumably with quickness and a decent vertical. His quickness will be needed in the zone defense part of the game. I'm not worried. He scores more than what he might give up.

KJ's offensive game is better than Flynn's. He has a nice pull up jumper and may even get to the basket a little better.

As for his height, a friend of mine who reffed his game in New Haven believes KJ is about 6 feet. My friend is a hair under 6 feet and he was able to look KJ in the eyes.

KJ's offensive game is better than Flynn's. He has a nice pull up jumper and may even get to the basket a little better.

As for his height, a friend of mine who reffed his game in New Haven believes KJ is about 6 feet. My friend is a hair under 6 feet and he was able to look KJ in the eyes.
So what color are his eyes? Do we care? (Just kidding.) Remember Sherman Douglas was pretty much about that height. I don't think its going to be a big factor with the ball in his hands.

I like Joseph a lot but after watching his film and Flynn's from when he was in high school I think jonny is a better shooter, and more dynamic on offense in general, I think you might be forgetting how good Flynn really was on offense.

I like Joseph a lot but after watching his film and Flynn's from when he was in high school I think jonny is a better shooter, and more dynamic on offense in general, I think you might be forgetting how good Flynn really was on offense.

Flynn had no mid-range game. It was a three-pointer or all the way to hoop with him. I lost count of how many times he passed up a 10-footer and then got blocked at the rim. I like Joseph's game a tad more.

After watching the recent vids of Kaleb in this thread, he reminded me most of one of our arch-rivals - Kemba Walker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom